Ralph Thayer Automotive

Service 888-667-1630

We Make It Easy!!

Pleasant Experience

by from Livonia, MI |

Traded my car 2 weeks ago, bought new VW passat TDI. Got good deal and, Myself and my wife were very happy with the experience. All took lot of time spending and explaining the car details. We infact my wife loved the car color and interior. Moreover we had great deal on finance 0% for 3 years and I was not hopeful at all.

Worst customer service

by from Novi,MI |

I may have gone on a bad day. I was very disappointed with the rude behavior from everyone. Just because I asked for a better deal. Fact is I was already sold on a Mazda 3 until I met the rude sales manager. You have to wonder how one becomes a manager with a lack of good customer service skills. Plan on paying full Msrp as they don't negotiate at all. Try asking for the invoice price or actual out the door price. You get the run around. It's clear it's only about putting together profitable deals before customers. Even the general manager didn't even have the common courtesy email me back. That says they could careless about their customers. I would recommend suburban of Farmington Hills instead. I bought my new car just after leaving this deal shop. They gave full price on my trade and a great price on my new car.

Misquoted estimate, rude customer service

by from Plymouth MI |

Had a basic service done...the price after the service was higher than the initial estimate .hey did adjust it though. When I asked "why" tech was rude. I also asked why a part that was just replaced in the prior service was rated "yellow" which means it is not good condition...I was told they rate anything not new as yellow..really? Just hard to feel that they are trustworthy. Also previous brake work ended up leaking (they did fix it at no cost, still a hassle) Trying another VW service dept.

Best car buying experience and hassle free!

by from Belleville, Mi |

Just bought a car from Ralph Thayer Mazda. Best car buying experience I have ever had, my sales lady took great care of me and gave me the best deal upfront. Within an hour I left the dealership with a new car! I wasn't even expecting to get a vehicle that day,she made everything easy and pleasant! Highly recommend this place!

very bad experience

by from plymouth |

Every thing about this dealer is bad Find a different dealer (.)

Very bad experience

by from Livonia, mi |

Do not go this place. They will never have a stock of the vehicle that you are looking for. They will ask you deposit to get the vehicle. I have put my deposit and waited for two weeks and still didn't show up. Finally I end up requesting for my deposit. They gave me so much trouble to return my deposit.

Terrible Experience

by from Farmington Hills, MI |

I was looking to buy a new car and found one that I was interested in. While talking with the sales person I had mentioned what I was hoping to spend. I had also not said that I saw the car listed online at a discount to see what price they would come back with. The sales manager comes back with a price that was over $1000 more then what the car was listed for online. Once I brought this up, an excuse was quickly made. The sales manager then comes back with an offer that basically did not move at all. I paused momentarily while looking at the paper with the breakdown of the price to which the sales manager says, "Is it just that you can't afford it?" Quite rude and unprofessional if you ask me. At that point I was pretty much done with this place and I asked if I could take the piece of paper that they had filled out with a breakdown of the price and financing so I could look over it and think about it, to which I was told "No". Long story short it was a nightmare and I wouldn't recommend this place at all.

Madza customers, Avoid Service Advisor

by from Van Buren Twp. |

I found their service adviser to be loud and without the ability or interest in me at all as a customer. No one wants a Hard Sell but we do want an adviser. This guy either need re-training or has been doing the job too long. He acts like a senior citizen (which I am) so I know how some can be,just disconnected and suing the word "SIR" like it's really hard to say. He hard selling a unknown no-brand tire to me for $200 without asking any questions, developing interest and most important a trusting relationship . Talking , not selling. I stop listing as soon as I read his body language and voice tone. It was so bad that I never sat down at his desk to talk with him, I was offered but refused, I felt tension with this guy. The work is completed I'm picking up my car today so i can take it to another Madza dealer across town for what I really need repaired. I will not spend my money with this guy. Too bad for the dealership. I've been in sales my entire work life, I know he difference.