Dave Hallman Chevrolet Hyundai

Service 866-984-1490

Best Deal In America!

poor customer service

by from Erie, PA |

I would give them negative stars if I could. I received a recall notice in the mail - and was instructed to make a service appointment online. I made an online appointment and, during that process, selected the "rental car" option that was on the Hallman website. I went to the dealer for my appointment and was told that "we don't offer rentals". If that is the case, take that option off of your website. I cancelled the appointment and will get my work done at another dealership. This is the second poor experience with this dealership. My wife and I visited them four years ago when we were interested in purchasing a new Tucson. We stood inside the showroom for approximately 15 minutes and nobody ever greeted us, asked to help us or told us to wait. Walked out and went up the street that day and bought a new Jeep Compass.

Best Place to buy a car

by from Erie, PA |

If I could give Dave Hallman Ten Stars I would. I have been to many dealerships in the past and always felt taken advantage of but this one is by far the best experience I've had. I purchased a used vehicle a few weeks back and my sales guy Mark Metzger was very helpful and went above and beyond my expectations. With terrible credit I got the payments I was comfortable with and great terms. He even got me great cheap insurance from a well know reputable insurance company. These guys do not sell junk but quality great cars and trucks at a fair price. I had one problem with the truck I had purchased and the service department took car if it for me that day no questions asked. Rick in service was very nice and respectful and it seems they have very good mechanics there. I got my truck back the same day fixed the right way the first time. They have great shuttle service so you don't have to wait around and Tom the shuttle guy was great as well. I would highly recommend looking for a great vehicle here before you go anywhere else. Can't wait to buy my next vehicle from here in the near future.

Elantra - amazing! Hyundai tires - not amazing

by from Resident of Erie County |

Just before Christmas 2013, I went shopping for a new car. I have looked at the Hyundai in the past but didn't like the depth of the driver's seat. This time I loved everything about the Hyundai Elantra. I have owned the car for two weeks and still love the car except for the tires. The tires which came with the Elantra are wonderful on dry or wet pavement but they are useless for snow covered roads and country driveways. They loose their traction on hills and stops. My new car needs and deserves all weather good traction tires. I don't live in the southern states. I live in the area which this year is listed as the town with the highest snow fall! GREAT CAR HYUNDAI ELANTRA - but change the tires for owners who live with snowy weather.

January 22, 2014

Thank-you very much for sharing. Agreed. Any all season tires are made to perform "overall" and not in specific conditions. Nothing beats a good ol' set of snow tires in this lovely Erie snow!

A Very Good Dealer

by from Erie, PA |

I purchased a 2013 Malibu last summer. The dealer has a large selection on the lot. The salesperson explained carefully the differences between the various models available. Sales service was excellent. I have had other cars serviced there. Service is courteous and the were kind enough to drive me to work and pick me up.

January 22, 2014

HPM, Come back and see us when you can!

by from Erie Pa |

We were trying to find an Astro or a Safari van. Just happened upon Hallmans and there it was!! Great car, no pressure, The salesman worked with us and didn't lie, like some car dealers are noted for. We got the deal we were looking for. Honesty is the number 1 thing when we are looking for a deal. High pressure salesman are a complete turnoff! I was high high-pressured once, purchased the vehicle and lost $3,000. in a year because they wouldnt take the car back the next day after I drove it and didnt like it. We will definately go back to Hallmans. Very good people to work with. And honest, .

January 22, 2014

Thank you Launa, glad we could help!

Issues Fixed by James Morales :)

by from Erie, PA |

I would like to inform everyone who read my review titled, "Extremely Disappointed" regarding my Service experience at Dave Hallman's Chevrolet Hyundai that the problem has been rectified and they had UTMOST concern for my satisfaction. Thank you. This shows what a true company does to maintain it's customer base. Again, I would like to note that the sales experience was awesome. Very friendly and kind staff.

January 22, 2014

Thank you Tricia, it was my pleasure assisting you!

Extremelly Dissapointed

by from Erie, Pa |

We just purchased a used Vehicle here. The buying experience was good at that point and the salesman was impeccible. However now, just over a month after purchase the check engine light comes on. We take the vehichle back into the dealership for dignostics. We then wait for a call. The calls comes and I am told there was spider webs in a hose caussing the engine light to come on; and that they "repaired" it (without authorization) and we owed $124.00. Seriously? We just purchased the car..........How the heck did a hose get clogged in 1 month? We have to PAY that amount to remove spider webs form a hose after a dignostic was run and we are having car issues already? Seriosuly messed up and I REFUSE to go back there for service. I am uttlery disgusted.

November 6, 2013

My name is James Morales and I am a Business Development Manager for the Dave Hallman Organization. I urge you to please call me asap on my direct line 814-878-4259 so we can work on a resolution to your problem. You may also email me at jmorales@hallmanchevy.net. Thank you.

Don Adams is a wonderful salesman

by from Erie, PA |

Don Adams was quick to respond to me and wonderful to work with. It was a pleasure to do business with him. He made me feel very comfortable. I would definitely recommend Hallman to my friends!! Thank you Don!

January 22, 2014

Thank you Helen. Remember we offer $$$ for referrals who purchase!

Poor Service

by from Erie, PA |

I had a good buying experience and the sales staff was quite helpful. After several years of car ownership I took my car in for an engine noise. And, the service department insisted that the timing belt was off by a tooth or two. But, the belt was replaced two years prior and had less than 20000 miles on it. Hallman?s service technicians didn?t even look at the timing gears. The service department prompted me to change the timing belt and the crankshaft position sensor. This would have been about $500-$600. After a competent mechanic looked at the car, it was determined that the noise was wear from the lifters and not a timing issue. I would buy another Hyundai, and until this incident I would have recommended Dave Hallman. But, given the way that Hallman was unwilling to properly diagnose the automobile I have lost all faith in their service and mechanical abilities.

October 11, 2013

Silver, my name is James Morales and I'm a Business Development Manager for the Dave Hallman Organization. I would like to dig deeper into this issue and address it as soon as possible. Please contact me on my direct line: 814-878-4259. I'm very sorry for your unsatisfactory experience and I'm dedicated to doing whatever I can to help make it positive. Thank You.

Ken hammar and don Adams great people go see!

by from Erie, pa |

Don Adams and ken hammer are great people great sales men they will help in every way possible

January 22, 2014

Thank you Eli. If there is anything we can do for you please let us know.