Southgate Ford

Service 888-789-6950

DownRiver's Finest Pre-Owned Cars

was just shopping

by from Taylor, Mi |

was just starting the shopping process but salesman was quick, kind, and very helpful

shopping for a used car

by from Royal Oak MI |

they were very helpful and patient in my search for a used car. they answered most of my questions.

whats customer service?

by from Redford, MI |

I'm not one to post a review bashing a company as they make mistakes, but they didnt redeem themselves with me. I bought a used car that when I test drove had a problem I let them know if fixed I was interested In buying the vehicle. They told me we fixed the problem and I drove it with no problems and bought it. So a few days later the brakes were screwing up again they said bring it in and they'll fix it. So I brought it in and they "fixed" it again, needless to say I had them look at it 3 times to fix the SAME problem. It's intermittent I understand its hard to figure out if it does happen when they drive it but then don't tell me its fixed! Yes I have 3 rentals from them and I'm sorry but they NEVER call and tell me what's going on I call and sometimes no return phone call. I mean I should have know when the day I bought it they forgot my license plate on the car!! Yes we met half way (I live in Redford and they are in Southgate) and was given gas money which I appreciated but geez!! I just don't appreciate having to call YOU to see if my cars done, the guy randy I bought it from talks over you and says what you want to hear not necessarily the truth. I just wish I never bought the car from them so just beware when going here, maybe I just had bad luck?? Either way I don't have much good to say about them.

Southgate Ford responded to this review

April 6, 2012

I'm sorry for the problems you had with the Pontiac that you purchased. We have tried to accommodate you with your intermittent braking problem.When the car was driven by our certified mechanics,not once did the brakes ever lock up.We provided you with a free car and gave you gas money while we looked for this "INTERMITTENT" problem. Our goal is to make all of our customers have a pleasant experience at Southgate Ford.