Southgate Ford

Service 888-789-6950 Service 888-789-6950

DownRiver's Finest Pre-Owned Cars

service dept.

by from Riverview, MI. |

Turned in a leased car for a new one. Am having a problem with the screen on the back up camera. Took it in to be looked at. Was told they do not see the problem or anything when they do their check. Was asked to bring the car back to leave the car overnight so they could try in the morning when I see the problem. Told them I cant give up my car overnight and for another day I need it. I know I did not take the rent a car option on my lease but who would think you would have a problem with a brand new car. The problem is still there and continues. The dealer I had was great and made the sale go real good and smooth even had my dad go get his car from Rob S. My wonder is how good is the service. Brand new car and not really helpful in coming up with a way to help me get it fixed. Never even called to see if I was still having the problem or if it was gone after they looked at it and checked it out. Car was already there for one day how many days should someone have to go with out a car to get something fixed. Specially on a brand new one. I put yes I would recommend this dealer the sales area like I said was great.

February 6, 2016

Hi Dan, I'm sorry to hear about your issue. We'd like to help work with you further to have this resolved. Please contact Karen Merritt 734-282-3636 so that she can work with you on scheduling an appointment, assisting you in getting a rental car covered, and allowing our Service Department an opportunity to further diagnose and resolve your issue. We look forward to hearing from you!

Great people. smooth transaction

by from Alexandria, VA |

Southgate was the only dealer LITERALLY in the country that would work with me on a deal for a GT350. Kudos to them for understanding that selling a car to an enthusiast was more important than making a few extra bucks to a wholesaler. These guys get it. Buy with confidence.

February 6, 2016

Thanks for the great feedback, Jason! Hope you are enjoying your new ride! :)

Horrible Service

by from Downriver,MI |

Took Diesel Truck in for 4wd service, the electric shift 4wd was not working and the driver's side manual hub was extremely hard to turn. After getting truck back and allegedly having all repairs done, the manual hub was still extremely hard to turn. Contacted service, but technician that had worked on truck had gone home already. Was told would receive call on Monday when technician returned. Still waiting for the call. Horrible customer service and apparently horrible service.

January 30, 2016

Hello, we appreciate your honest feedback and apologize for your concern. Our Service Director was glad our team was able to work with you to resolve your concerns quickly. Please contact Karen Merritt directly (734-282-3636) should you have further questions or need additional assistance. We appreciate your business and look forward to providing you with excellent service in the future.

K Hursin

by from Royal Oak, MI |

Ed Miller always takes good care of us and that is why we keep returning

December 11, 2015

Thank you for your feedback, we are glad you always have a good experience with Ed! We are always here to help should you need anything!

Great services

by from Southgate,Mi |

My experience with Southgate Ford is always one of satisfaction.

December 11, 2015

Hi Brenda, thanks for your kind words and the great feedback!

Good buying experience, poor service

by from Brownstown, MI |

Purchased 2 vehicles from Southgate Ford: 07 Mustang GT Cal Spec and 11 Edge Sport AWD. Both vehicles ordered new from factory. When Mustang was delivered, it had minor damage. I asked service dept to repair and they said they couldn't do anything about the problem. I had it repaired at my own expense at another shop. Edge has had numerous issues. Sometimes service was good, other times not so much. Most recent service involved replacing a defective tire. When I picked up the vehicle I observed damage to the wheel that had the new tire: over a dozen gouges in the finish evenly spaced around the wheel. When I pointed this out, service manager said it didn't happen there and walked away from me. Extremely rude and offered me no remedy. I will never return to this dealership for any reason.

Love my salesperson and dealership...

by from Taylor, Michigan |

I will only buy my vehicle from Thom Howard...he is the best...I just love my new Explorer...Thom took the time to hear me and match me with the right vehicle...this is my 4th vehicle from this dealership...Southgate Ford is awesome...

Will buy my new cars elsewhere from now on

by from Southgate, Michigan |

I will buy my new cars elsewhere from now on. Made arrangements one week prior to bring one of my cars in for service. Waited for 8 hours and was told they did't have the part until I called Mark in the service Dept. after being inconvenienced for one day I was told to come back the following Monday and maybe they would have the part then. They were rude, inconsiderate and I am writing Ford Motor Co and the owner tomorrow.

2015 F-150

by from southgate,michigan |

salemen Don Daniels GREAT PERSON bougth 2015 F-150 EVERYONE AT SOUTHGATE FORD GREAT BEST EXPERIENCE YET

Great experience

by from Trenton, MI |

Mr. Tuel was extremely knowledgeable and professional in helping us with the purchase of a used car, leasing of a new Edge and trading in our 2007 explorer.