RC Lacy Ford Subaru Lincoln

25 Maple Ave, Catskill, NY 12414

Used 518-943-4300 Used 518-943-4300

Great Service, Jon Amerling is the Best

by from Saugerties, NY |

I ordered a new 2016 Focus,5 speed, Vtec engine with the winter package, heated steering wheel, heated seats, heated mirrors. Great option. Everyone ordering one of these should get it. Sooooo nice grabbing a warm steering wheel on a cold morning. If you really like to drive, this is the next best to a sports car with luxury. I may need to get a new radar detector. LOL Jon helped me get the options I wanted and got all the paperwork done, insurance contacts and all. When I arrived to pick it up all we needed to do is put my old plates on and go. I love how Jon synced my cell phone directory into my car. Now I can use voice command to receive and make phone calls. Great car, Great service. Thanks Jon Phil Cobb, Saugerties NY

Excellent experience!!!

by from Copake Falls, NY |

Jared made our first Subaru experience a quick, easy, hassle free experience. We are very satisfied with the Subaru Forester. This was the first time we were at Lacy Subaru and we are very pleased. Thanks Jared!

Kirk McGee was terrific, so is our new Forester

by from Kinderhook, NY |

We had been shopping for a new car for several months. After spending time researching online, we narrowed our choices to Subaru?s Forester and Toyota?s RAV4 in late November. While both cars had similar features and pricing, we selected the Forester. Our buying experience at RC Lacy was stress free and quite enjoyable. Everyone we met at Lacy was friendly. The facilities were very comfortable and clean. We especially appreciated the way we were treated by Kirk McGee our salesman. Kirk?s relaxed approach was refreshing. He patiently answered all of our questions and spent a good deal of time allowing us to look over and test drive several Forester models. He was even able to match the Toyota dealership?s financing offer. We were impressed with his knowledge and, once we made our decision, the efficient way he helped us to complete our purchase. Kirk took care of all the paper work and had everything ready for us when we came to pick up our car. This was impressive, as we agreed to the purchase on Friday and were able to pick it up on Monday. After the sale was completed, Kirk took the time to show us all of the features available in our vehicle. He even helped us link our mobile phone to the car?s blue tooth. Based on our buying experience, we would recommend RC Lacy and Kirk McGee to anyone in the market for a new car.

Kristin Coleman Super Saleswoman....but.......

by from Hazleton, PA |

Okay, so if you are in the market for a new or used (as I was) vehicle and you consider RC Lacy Ford, know a few things first, before you think about buying from them. First the positive..... great selection! Good prices! Worthwhile vehicles needing to be purchased! That is the dealership as a whole in a positive light. But the biggest positive that I can point out about the dealership is the customer service given to me by a super saleswoman, Kristin Coleman. She went above and beyond what most will do to earn my business. I worked with her for 5 or 6 days on the vehicle I wanted to purchase and all I was waiting for was photos of the wheels of the car to be sure they were not damaged and if they were not, I was going to go and purchase the vehicle from her the very next day. Kristin being Kristin in fact did the super job of getting me multiple pics from multiple angles. Unfortunately though, I received a text from her a few hours later (and before I could view the pics) stating another salesman sold the car. In all the years of purchasing vehicles (29 to be exact) and all the vehicles I have purchased (54 to be exact), I have never come across a dealership where the salespeople do not keep each other in the loop as to what is going on with the sale of vehicles. Especially the general manager of sales. Surely they were aware that Kristin and myself were working on a deal and yet she was never informed or asked where we were with the deal. So a car that I worked on for nearly a week with what I would consider a 'super' sales person was sold from under me. Again, with all the vehicles I have purchased in all my years of purchasing, I have NEVER had this happen before. RC Lacy seriously needs to improve upon their communication skills between salespeople and management to know what is going on between salespeople on the vehicles they have and the deals they have taking shape. Simply put, because of the poor communication, I lost out on a beautiful vehicle that I wanted and had full cash in hand to purchase, and the saleswoman, Kristin lost out on commission that I have to say, she would have seriously deserved and earned because of her great people skills and hard work for the customer. In closing, I must admit that due to the fact I lost the vehicle I wanted because of poor communication within the dealership, I will never even consider purchasing a vehicle from RC Lacy ever again. Since I purchase so many vehicles, they lost not only this sale, but who only knows how many future sales from myself due to their mistake. I seriously hope they read this review, learn from it, and correct their mistakes so that it does not hurt sales for others. However, in all the disappointment that I have had to deal with, I must assure you that if you reside within decent distance of this dealership (I live 6+ hours away round trip) it would be best not wasting your time with phone calls and emails to them. Instead, just drive there and ask for Kristin, she truly is worthy of representing you for all of your car purchasing needs.

Kristin Coleman is a super salesman, but.......

by from Hazleton, PA |

Ford Focus 2012 starting and shuddering problem

by from Port Ewen, N. Y. |

Thank you RC Lacy for helping us get back on the road. We had been experiencing intermittent starting, shifting and shuddering problems. Dawn M. took us right in and listened to our concerns. It took a few days but the mechanic found that the TCM needed to be replaced and performed numerous diagnostic steps. We got our Focus back better than it ever was when we bought it. Smooth, shifting, and no more worries about it starting. Thank you for listening and your outstanding customer service. You have a new customer even though we will travel a little further, we feel confident in your service. We will be happy to recommend your dealership to anyone. Jack and Andrea

"Molto bouna esperienza"

by from Albany, NY |

I was very hesitant to embark upon the daunting task of shopping for a car on my own and was thoroughly prepared for the fast talking smooth walking salesman. However when I walked into the Lacy Ford Lincoln Subaru dealership I was immediately disarmed by a number of staff who acknowledged my presence with a warm greeting and openness to be of service. It was evident that LFLS employees were professional and well trained to meet the needs of their customers. I was introduced to a knowledgeable salesman ( Chris Slonina), who took the time to listen to my needs, concerns, limitations and what would work best for me. Chris was then able to assist me in exploring various car makes and models that would best meet my needs. I was very excited to select the Lincoln MKX but thought "oh no", I have to deal with the finance guy. Here we go..... However I was introduced to Robert Ciglia who prepared my financing. What an awesome, friendly approachable gentleman who immediately put me at ease. He explained all the specifics of financing, warranties and how LFLS could be of assistance in the future. At no time did I ever feel pressured or uncomfortable while test driving the cars or in general discussion about financing. I have purchased three cars in the past at other dealerships who profess to "go out of their way to please you" or "Being the Best", but LFLS has absolutely been the most positive experience I have ever had at a dealership. I would recommend LFLS to anyone interested in having a stress free car purchase. Yes I mean stress free. Definitely worth the trip. Thank you Chris, thank you Robert, and thank you Lacy Ford Lincoln Subaru!!!!

Friendly, helpful, and "not pushy"!!

by from Hudson, NY |

I went to Lacy's looking for an all wheel drive car getting good gas mileage, and still feel like I'm in a car, not a roller skate or "box with wheels". I was fortunate enough to meet Robbie Thorpe, salesperson, what a wonderful, knowledgeable, young man with a great sense of humor. We discussed special circumstances that I had with my current car, explored possibilities of being able to purchase/lease a new one. Well, I saw the impreza, was quite "smitten" by it, and out on the road we took it. It was a very nice smooth riding, "peppy", car that wasn't "miniature". He explained all the options, bells and whistles. Once back to the showroom, we chatted more, I explained I had to see what I could do with finances and would get back to him. Well, as luck would have it, I was unable to get my peppy impreza, but I do know that when the time is right, I will be going across the Rip Van Winkle bridge again and visit Robbie!!!

RC Lacy Ford Subaru Lincoln responded to this review

March 20, 2014

Valinda, Thank you so much for your kind words, I enjoyed your visit into our dealership. Come again soon! Robbie Thorpe Sales & Leasing Consultant 518-943-4300 ext. 118 Robert@rclacy.net

Buying a new car experience

by from new jersey cranford |

I have to say i drove 45 minutes to get to your place on a review from a person i didnt even know. you all there were kind an professional, i was tired an kinda not well from a illness i have. you made the expenince great, Thank you again i wish all th eluck in your new building soon to come jersey dave an family

Matt Devlin is a great salesman!

by from Tivoli, NY |

We bought a certified pre-owned Ford Focus from Matt Devlin at RC Lacy Ford in Catskill, NY. Matt was great - friendly, honest, to-the-point, and hard-working. He got us a great deal and he and his support staff took care of all the tricky and confusing insurance and DMV business.