RC Lacy Ford Subaru Lincoln

25 Maple Ave, Catskill, NY 12414

Used 518-943-4300

"Molto bouna esperienza"

by from Albany, NY |

I was very hesitant to embark upon the daunting task of shopping for a car on my own and was thoroughly prepared for the fast talking smooth walking salesman. However when I walked into the Lacy Ford Lincoln Subaru dealership I was immediately disarmed by a number of staff who acknowledged my presence with a warm greeting and openness to be of service. It was evident that LFLS employees were professional and well trained to meet the needs of their customers. I was introduced to a knowledgeable salesman ( Chris Slonina), who took the time to listen to my needs, concerns, limitations and what would work best for me. Chris was then able to assist me in exploring various car makes and models that would best meet my needs. I was very excited to select the Lincoln MKX but thought "oh no", I have to deal with the finance guy. Here we go..... However I was introduced to Robert Ciglia who prepared my financing. What an awesome, friendly approachable gentleman who immediately put me at ease. He explained all the specifics of financing, warranties and how LFLS could be of assistance in the future. At no time did I ever feel pressured or uncomfortable while test driving the cars or in general discussion about financing. I have purchased three cars in the past at other dealerships who profess to "go out of their way to please you" or "Being the Best", but LFLS has absolutely been the most positive experience I have ever had at a dealership. I would recommend LFLS to anyone interested in having a stress free car purchase. Yes I mean stress free. Definitely worth the trip. Thank you Chris, thank you Robert, and thank you Lacy Ford Lincoln Subaru!!!!

Friendly, helpful, and "not pushy"!!

by from Hudson, NY |

I went to Lacy's looking for an all wheel drive car getting good gas mileage, and still feel like I'm in a car, not a roller skate or "box with wheels". I was fortunate enough to meet Robbie Thorpe, salesperson, what a wonderful, knowledgeable, young man with a great sense of humor. We discussed special circumstances that I had with my current car, explored possibilities of being able to purchase/lease a new one. Well, I saw the impreza, was quite "smitten" by it, and out on the road we took it. It was a very nice smooth riding, "peppy", car that wasn't "miniature". He explained all the options, bells and whistles. Once back to the showroom, we chatted more, I explained I had to see what I could do with finances and would get back to him. Well, as luck would have it, I was unable to get my peppy impreza, but I do know that when the time is right, I will be going across the Rip Van Winkle bridge again and visit Robbie!!!

RC Lacy Ford Subaru Lincoln responded to this review

March 20, 2014

Valinda, Thank you so much for your kind words, I enjoyed your visit into our dealership. Come again soon! Robbie Thorpe Sales & Leasing Consultant 518-943-4300 ext. 118 Robert@rclacy.net

Buying a new car experience

by from new jersey cranford |

I have to say i drove 45 minutes to get to your place on a review from a person i didnt even know. you all there were kind an professional, i was tired an kinda not well from a illness i have. you made the expenince great, Thank you again i wish all th eluck in your new building soon to come jersey dave an family

Matt Devlin is a great salesman!

by from Tivoli, NY |

We bought a certified pre-owned Ford Focus from Matt Devlin at RC Lacy Ford in Catskill, NY. Matt was great - friendly, honest, to-the-point, and hard-working. He got us a great deal and he and his support staff took care of all the tricky and confusing insurance and DMV business.

A pleasant surprise, lots of nice people

by from Dutchess County, New York |

So not what I expected of a (very) small town dealership. I hadn't even planned on going there. They were 1 of several dealerships to give me a price quote. But, then, Bret followed up with a couple of phone calls, nice and informative, persuasive but no pressure at all. When he knew I was going to another dealership only 30 minutes from his, he suggested I come see him afterward. He had the model and color I was looking for, he let me know how close I already was to him, he actually made me laugh (when was the last time a salesperson did that for you?) At the dealership, everyone was pleasant, with a sense of humor. The sales manager and I bickered good naturedly, the "money guy" and I argued about his loyalty to the Yankees (I mean - really? the Yankees?!). It was actually kind of fun. The facilities are below average, shared with Ford, and need work but there are renovation plans in the works.