Harold Zeigler Ford Plainwell

Service 866-460-2331

For A Great Experience

Great Internet Department

by from Detroit, MI |

I was surprised how well shopping for this car on the internet worked out. I usually use the internet for research and then go to look at the item in person. Since this dealership was 2 hours away I was working on faith. The staff was all pleasant and professional and the overall purchase experience was pleasant and I feel as if i got a good deal.

I HATE BUYING A CAR

by from Reed City, Michigan |

I gotta tell ya. I hate buying cars. Don't get me wrong, I love owning a new used car, but dealing with used car salesmen...ick! But Harold Zeigler in Plainwell proved to be a positive, downright FUN experience! We were late for our car-buying appointment because we had driven down from Reed City and were pretty hungry for some breakfast. We arrived 15 minutes early so we stopped at a large-chain restaurant with golden arches which shall go un-named. We waited patiently for what seemed like a life-time for our breakfast and nipped over to Zeigler...late. When we arrived, our salesman Don Malz was not in his office. He showed up to great us with a bowl of breakfast. We all laughed at that! Right off the bat, any facades were dropped. What can be a somewhat grueling experience was turned into a pleasurable social event. Don's "real" demeanor and the financial guy, Ray's no-baloney character made for a truly good time. AND we got a beautiful Honda Civic (my first) at a GREAT price!

GREAT GUY TO WORK WITH

by from Michigan |

Steve Verbeek made for a non pushy car buying experience. From start to finish he took the time that I needed to make the right decision on which car would best fit me. Highly recommend him to anyone.

Everything was fine until I signed

by from Paw Paw, MI |

Everything was fine until I signed the paperwork. My car was brought up from the Indiana dealership and the key tag said 1 of 2 keys. I was only given 1 Key. I asked 3 times for the second key and the salesman said he was going to check into it and the drivers were going down to Indiana and he would have them on it. It has been over a month I still have yet to get a response. Also, I gave a call to the manager regarding the same issue thinking surely someone would call me back. I have yet to hear from him. If this is the way you do business. I will not be back.

buying a car with Don Malz was quick, easy.

by from Plainwell |

Great experience buying Lincoln MKZ AWD from Don Malz. Quick easy and affordable. Thank you Don!

Great Service Thank you Brent Nawrocki

by from Quincy MI |

Great service, everything was ready when we arrived to look at the vehicle. Courteous and knowledgeable. Highly recommended and we will definitely bring our business back. Thank you.

Great service

by from Zeeland, MI |

Our salesman was Steve Verbeek from Harold Zeigler of Plainwell. One of the nicest guys ever. He was SO helpful when it came to buying our van. The whole staff was truly great! Thanks Steve!

This is why car salesmen have a bad name!

by from Grand Rapids, MI |

Horribly unorganized and not to be trusted. I called earlier in the week after finding two vehicles on their website. The salesman first says he thinks they've been sold because he can't find them. I get a call back a day later saying that they've been found and that they will be available for test drive after 9 AM Saturday. I arrive at 2 PM and neither car is available. Come to find out - they never even had one of them. THE OTHER WAS BEING DRIVEN AROUND BY THE SALES MAN'S DAUGHTER AS A PERSONAL VEHICLE. He even had the audacity to ask us to wait an hour while his daughter brought it back. SERIOUSLY?? Needless to say we walked out. I'd never give this dealership any business and recommend you don't either.

Harold Zeigler Ford Plainwell responded to this review

October 9, 2014

Jason, I apologize that you had a bad experience. Please call me directly and i can personally make sure you get the treatment you deserve. I have been here for over ten years and know that your time is very important to you. Please call me and give me a chance to correct things. Rob Caro 1-800-685-5801

Honest salesperson, good value

by from Caledonia, MI. |

My wife and I were looking for a slightly used Ford Focus to replace her 14 year old New Beetle. We found several models we were interested in at Harold Zeigler's in Plainwell. Although it is a 40 mile drive from our home, the inventory and advertised pricing was good enough to entice us to make the drive. We spoke with Rob Caro, the used car manager, who was extremely cordial and honest when answering our questions. Some of the questions I asked I already knew the answer to but wanted to hear his response to gage whether I could trust him overall. I was not disappointed. His helpful demeanor, non-pressure approach truly showed that he enjoys his job and made our experience (of picking out a car and spending money!) more relaxing and enjoyable The entire process went very smooth, our used car looked like new, and I will surely return to see Rob when looking for another vehicle in the future.

Poor salesmanship, poor organizational skills.

by from South Haven, Mi |

#1, we found a decent vehicle online for a good price, got to the dealership - they couldn't "find" the vehicle ? #2, out of 20 similar vehicles, they couldn't find one with as good as deal as the one advertised online. #3, finally found something we agreed upon and while they were looking up pricing, which is a chore evidently (?), I found old damage on a door/rear panel. We asked about it, and their response was "Oh, yeah, it had been in a collision and repaired". We kept shopping...... #4, they showed us some weird colored rig, small dings all around and some light green paint. I realized they were attempting to push the "unsaleable" units on us ! Especially after we asked about a rig just purchased by them, they didn't want to talk about this unit !!! Overall, they were polite but must have thought I was an idiot, they kept showing me documentation that they were loosing all this money on every rig we looked at.......I'm NOT an idiot !!! It wasn't worth the ride !

Very Pleased

by from Hastings, MI |

We were met by Steve Verbeek right away and requested a test drive of two different vehicles. Both were arranged within minutes and we liked one of the vehicles. A quick look by our local mechanic (30 miles away) was not a problem. Came back with the vehicle in the late afternoon and the sale was completed within an hour. We would highly recommend Steve Verbeek.