Harold Zeigler Ford Plainwell

Service 866-460-2331

For A Great Experience

Great Internet Department

by from Detroit, MI |

I was surprised how well shopping for this car on the internet worked out. I usually use the internet for research and then go to look at the item in person. Since this dealership was 2 hours away I was working on faith. The staff was all pleasant and professional and the overall purchase experience was pleasant and I feel as if i got a good deal.

Great service on buying a 2013 Ford Escape

by from Charlevoix, MI |

Great experience. K.G. and several members of the sales team stayed late after hours on a very hot Saturday so that I could test drive and sign the paperwork on the perfect vehicle I had been searching for. Thanks very much. Highly recommend.

Great Experience!!

by from Kalamazoo, MI |

My husband had his heart set on a new yellow Mustang. I walked into Harold Zeigler very frustrated after getting jacked on the price of a Mustang at a different dealership. At the time I had no faith in any dealership since that had been my second bad experience with a dealership in two months. Boy did Harold Zeigler restore my faith! Raleigh and Brent were absolutely great! They returned every phone call promptly, and were very courteous and professional. They bent over backwards to find us the perfect Mustang! They were very patient while we changed our minds on which options we wanted 3 times and finally drove to Chicago to get our Mustang. They even helped us with custom paint and offered a loaner while our Mustang was being painted! My husband ended up with the perfect car and we are very happy! Thank you HZ!

Unbelievable Customer Service

by from Hamilton, MI |

I called Harold Zeigler Ford around 5:15pm on Friday to inquire about a couple of vehicles I was interested in test driving. I asked for a salesman that seemed to be very highly recommended among the general public to enhance my overall experience with the company. During my call, I explained to him that I lived about 45 minutes from their location and wasn't leaving my house for another 10 minutes or so. Upon receiving his blessing to head down there to check out the vehicles we got in the car to head down there. A few minutes later he left a message on my voicemail to tell me that one of the vehicles had been moved to another location but we would work it out so I was able to test both of them. About 55 minutes later, just after 6pm we show up to a locked and completely closed building. When I called to ask what was going on, I received no return call for about 10 minutes. When I finally did get a call back, his excuse was that "he thought I knew what the hours of operation were." When I told him it seemed a little bit ridiculous that it would be assumed that I would know the hours of every dealership I car shopped at he informed me that I put him between a rock and a hard place because he was riding his bike and it was raining out so he left when I wasn't there. I asked him why he gave us the go ahead to come down and take a look at the vehicles when I told him how far we were away and he just kept saying he didn't know what else to do when I wasn't there at closing time. I don't understand why he could call and leave a voicemail telling me about the change in status of one of the vehicles, but he couldn't leave a voicemail telling me that even though we had just spoken and agreed on the general time frame I was going to be there, he was going to go home because it was sprinkling out. By this time I was fed up with the terrible customer service and informed him that I would be writing a review. I don't want to include his name because I really don't want other potential customers to see him in this light. I just want them to be wary when dealing with this dealership.

I HATE BUYING A CAR

by from Reed City, Michigan |

I gotta tell ya. I hate buying cars. Don't get me wrong, I love owning a new used car, but dealing with used car salesmen...ick! But Harold Zeigler in Plainwell proved to be a positive, downright FUN experience! We were late for our car-buying appointment because we had driven down from Reed City and were pretty hungry for some breakfast. We arrived 15 minutes early so we stopped at a large-chain restaurant with golden arches which shall go un-named. We waited patiently for what seemed like a life-time for our breakfast and nipped over to Zeigler...late. When we arrived, our salesman Don Malz was not in his office. He showed up to great us with a bowl of breakfast. We all laughed at that! Right off the bat, any facades were dropped. What can be a somewhat grueling experience was turned into a pleasurable social event. Don's "real" demeanor and the financial guy, Ray's no-baloney character made for a truly good time. AND we got a beautiful Honda Civic (my first) at a GREAT price!

GREAT GUY TO WORK WITH

by from Michigan |

Steve Verbeek made for a non pushy car buying experience. From start to finish he took the time that I needed to make the right decision on which car would best fit me. Highly recommend him to anyone.

Everything was fine until I signed

by from Paw Paw, MI |

Everything was fine until I signed the paperwork. My car was brought up from the Indiana dealership and the key tag said 1 of 2 keys. I was only given 1 Key. I asked 3 times for the second key and the salesman said he was going to check into it and the drivers were going down to Indiana and he would have them on it. It has been over a month I still have yet to get a response. Also, I gave a call to the manager regarding the same issue thinking surely someone would call me back. I have yet to hear from him. If this is the way you do business. I will not be back.

buying a car with Don Malz was quick, easy.

by from Plainwell |

Great experience buying Lincoln MKZ AWD from Don Malz. Quick easy and affordable. Thank you Don!

Great Service Thank you Brent Nawrocki

by from Quincy MI |

Great service, everything was ready when we arrived to look at the vehicle. Courteous and knowledgeable. Highly recommended and we will definitely bring our business back. Thank you.

Great service

by from Zeeland, MI |

Our salesman was Steve Verbeek from Harold Zeigler of Plainwell. One of the nicest guys ever. He was SO helpful when it came to buying our van. The whole staff was truly great! Thanks Steve!

This is why car salesmen have a bad name!

by from Grand Rapids, MI |

Horribly unorganized and not to be trusted. I called earlier in the week after finding two vehicles on their website. The salesman first says he thinks they've been sold because he can't find them. I get a call back a day later saying that they've been found and that they will be available for test drive after 9 AM Saturday. I arrive at 2 PM and neither car is available. Come to find out - they never even had one of them. THE OTHER WAS BEING DRIVEN AROUND BY THE SALES MAN'S DAUGHTER AS A PERSONAL VEHICLE. He even had the audacity to ask us to wait an hour while his daughter brought it back. SERIOUSLY?? Needless to say we walked out. I'd never give this dealership any business and recommend you don't either.

Harold Zeigler Ford Plainwell responded to this review

October 9, 2014

Jason, I apologize that you had a bad experience. Please call me directly and i can personally make sure you get the treatment you deserve. I have been here for over ten years and know that your time is very important to you. Please call me and give me a chance to correct things. Rob Caro 1-800-685-5801