Harold Zeigler Ford Plainwell

Service 866-460-2331

For A Great Experience

Great Internet Department

by from Detroit, MI |

I was surprised how well shopping for this car on the internet worked out. I usually use the internet for research and then go to look at the item in person. Since this dealership was 2 hours away I was working on faith. The staff was all pleasant and professional and the overall purchase experience was pleasant and I feel as if i got a good deal.

Great service

by from Zeeland, MI |

Our salesman was Steve Verbeek from Harold Zeigler of Plainwell. One of the nicest guys ever. He was SO helpful when it came to buying our van. The whole staff was truly great! Thanks Steve!

This is why car salesmen have a bad name!

by from Grand Rapids, MI |

Horribly unorganized and not to be trusted. I called earlier in the week after finding two vehicles on their website. The salesman first says he thinks they've been sold because he can't find them. I get a call back a day later saying that they've been found and that they will be available for test drive after 9 AM Saturday. I arrive at 2 PM and neither car is available. Come to find out - they never even had one of them. THE OTHER WAS BEING DRIVEN AROUND BY THE SALES MAN'S DAUGHTER AS A PERSONAL VEHICLE. He even had the audacity to ask us to wait an hour while his daughter brought it back. SERIOUSLY?? Needless to say we walked out. I'd never give this dealership any business and recommend you don't either.

Harold Zeigler Ford Plainwell responded to this review

October 9, 2014

Jason, I apologize that you had a bad experience. Please call me directly and i can personally make sure you get the treatment you deserve. I have been here for over ten years and know that your time is very important to you. Please call me and give me a chance to correct things. Rob Caro 1-800-685-5801

Honest salesperson, good value

by from Caledonia, MI. |

My wife and I were looking for a slightly used Ford Focus to replace her 14 year old New Beetle. We found several models we were interested in at Harold Zeigler's in Plainwell. Although it is a 40 mile drive from our home, the inventory and advertised pricing was good enough to entice us to make the drive. We spoke with Rob Caro, the used car manager, who was extremely cordial and honest when answering our questions. Some of the questions I asked I already knew the answer to but wanted to hear his response to gage whether I could trust him overall. I was not disappointed. His helpful demeanor, non-pressure approach truly showed that he enjoys his job and made our experience (of picking out a car and spending money!) more relaxing and enjoyable The entire process went very smooth, our used car looked like new, and I will surely return to see Rob when looking for another vehicle in the future.

Poor salesmanship, poor organizational skills.

by from South Haven, Mi |

#1, we found a decent vehicle online for a good price, got to the dealership - they couldn't "find" the vehicle ? #2, out of 20 similar vehicles, they couldn't find one with as good as deal as the one advertised online. #3, finally found something we agreed upon and while they were looking up pricing, which is a chore evidently (?), I found old damage on a door/rear panel. We asked about it, and their response was "Oh, yeah, it had been in a collision and repaired". We kept shopping...... #4, they showed us some weird colored rig, small dings all around and some light green paint. I realized they were attempting to push the "unsaleable" units on us ! Especially after we asked about a rig just purchased by them, they didn't want to talk about this unit !!! Overall, they were polite but must have thought I was an idiot, they kept showing me documentation that they were loosing all this money on every rig we looked at.......I'm NOT an idiot !!! It wasn't worth the ride !

Very Pleased

by from Hastings, MI |

We were met by Steve Verbeek right away and requested a test drive of two different vehicles. Both were arranged within minutes and we liked one of the vehicles. A quick look by our local mechanic (30 miles away) was not a problem. Came back with the vehicle in the late afternoon and the sale was completed within an hour. We would highly recommend Steve Verbeek.

Will not do business here

by from Coloma, MI |

Gave this place a second chance after inquiring about a jeep grand cherokee back in March with no return phone call. My husband & I stopped by Saturday 5.3.14 since we were in the area to look. We found a jeep we liked and went inside to find out about a price on my current vehicle and to test drive the jeep. After 20 minutes they could not find the keys to the jeep we were interested in and laughed asking if there was something else we liked. They could not give an accurate price for my current vehicle and the assistant manager promised to talk to his manager on Monday and call me. Well Monday and now Tuesday came and went no call. They clearly have no customer service and don't care to do much business since they don't know how to return calls. I would not do business here or recommend them to anyone.

Disappointed

by from West Michigan |

I recently purchased a vehicle from Harold Zeigler Plainwell (HZP) and am very disappointment that I gave them by time, my money, and my business. I purchased my vehicle just over a month ago and noticed an issue with the vehicle before purchasing. Rather than HZP keeping the car to fix it I was asked to return that weekend to fix the issue. After 8 calls, 2 messages and three weeks I had an appointment to have the vehicle fixed. Upon arriving at the dealership nobody knew who I was, why I was there, or what needed to be done, which unfortunately became the theme of the process. I was requested to call a manger the following day to address my concerns and make arrangement to come back again to have the vehicle fixed. I was placed with a manger that listened to my concerns and assured me that they would all be resolved. It was requested that I return down that day and yet again everything was not as promised. When leaving that day there were 6 things that were promised to be taken care of furthermore I was told they wouldn?t be returning my vehicle until these were done and done to my satisfaction. One week later I still had no contact from HZP so I call to find that my vehicle is ready for pickup. Upon arrival my vehicle is unable to be found: once found only 3 of the 6 things promised are completed. When going over this and additional concerns that arose while in their care such as the car being driven over 10 miles during which the highest recorded speed was in excess of 80 miles an hour. I was told there was nothing they could do for me at that time and that I could return at a later date for the car to be detailed. Overall this is a disappointing situation. We purchased a newer used vehicle, with under 30k miles, that needed a couple minor touchups. Even today there was not 1 person who knew what was to be done or even what was done while my vehicle was under their care for 1 week. This, in my opinion represents a total lack of customer service and customer care to the point where HZP is no better than the common local used car lot.

They do not want business

by from Byron Center, MI |

I contacted this dealer about a truck twice in the course of a week and have not heard back from them. It has been three weeks now. I think I will try another dealer that wants to sell a truck.

Amaze customer service from Rob Caro

by from Kalamazoo, MI |

Rob Caro is seriously amaze! After 'googling' HZ I started looking on their site. Feeling overwhelmed by so many choices, I called the first number I could find on the site. Rob picked up the phone and was incredibly warm and helpful. We chatted for a bit, and he was off to pick out the SUV I was interested in. Within a few hours he emailed me some choices. The rest is history. He was incredibly professional and FUN to work with! He made buying a car extremely seamless, and I had to do zero work! As long as Rob is there I will continue purchasing my vehicles from him, and recommend you do as well! The finance guy was pretty hilarious as well. All in all a great experience!

Rob Caro provided A+++ customer service