Riley Auto Sales

(3.2) 5 Reviews

4455 Dodge St, Dubuque, IA 52003

Go Somewhere Else

by from Dubuque, IA |

Went there to look at a 2011 Mazda CX-9 that we were VERY interested in buying. We told them that right off the bat. The sales guy seemed uninterested the whole time even though we had common interests. We took it for a test drive and absolutely loved the car. We told them we would buy it that day, but had to go get my trade-in at home (still in Dubuque). They "reassured" us that they wouldn't sell the car even though we didn't put a deposit down. With that, we went and got my trade-in and stopped at McDonald's drive-thru on the way back. We walked in the doors happy as can be and they literally said, "You shouldn't have stopped at McDonald's because we just sold the car." We couldn't believe it! They did nothing about it and didn't even apologize for selling it under our feet. The sales guy blamed his coworker for selling the car and again was uninterested. Rude people do not make good sales people in general. However, the manager seemed a little more friendly. It's a shame because Mazdas and Subarus are great cars and they're the only dealer in Dubuque.

Riley Auto Sales responded to this review

June 11, 2015

I am sorry you had a less than desirable experience. We strive to give the best in customer service and truly care about your review. Please contact me at 563-588-2326 to discuss this further.

Great place if your looking for a Subaru.

by from Platteville, WI |

Finally purchased the car of my dreams today from here. We ran into a few issues but in the end it all worked out and I couldn't be more happy with the Audi! If you decide to purchase a car from here or inquire about one, ask for Ben. He was excellent, straightforward and honest. Thanks Riley's!

Very rude customer service.

by from P-Vegas, WI |

Put money down to hold a car and they went and sold it the next day. They were very rude to me and treated me poorly. I thought if you put money down to hold a car they couldn't sell it? Apparently not! I wasted a lot of time and money on getting things going, even sold my car to purchase it. I guess it's not their problem!

Great people to work with

by from Decorah, Iowa |

I am very impressed with the people at Riley Auto in Dubuque, Iowa. The used car (2005 Subaru Baja) I bought from them was in top notch condition, even with 100,000+ miles on it. This was the first used car I have ever bought and was somewhat leery about getting a used one. I am very satisfied with the quality and the car, the honesty of the people, and their friendliness as I completed the sales transaction with them. They work with you and are not hard sell at all. I have given their name to other family members and will consider dealing with them again, if and when the time comes, even though I live several hours away.

recomended

by from galena il |

I looked at a used Subaru. The salesman , Greg, could not have been nicer. I also spoke briefly with the gm and he seemed kind too. The vehicle was out of my price range and did not purchase from here but I would recommended them based on what I saw and other peoples high regards to them.