4521 University Ave, Cedar Falls, IA 50613

Service 888-434-8599

You're Always Welcome In Our Community

2012 Chevy Impala LT

by from Oelwein,IA |

I went to look at a white 2012 Chevy Impala LT with my wife and 8yrs old son. I was really impressed with the salesmen. They keep my son entertained for an hr as I talked to Rick about the car. They even let him sit in a Corvette and a Camero ZL1! I was impressed with how Rick didn't pressure me on buying options that I didnt want. The price for the car was very fair. I was impressed on how nice the facility was! It was cool to buy a car from an Iowa Hawkeye fan! Go Hawks! Will be looking for a truck in a few yrs. This is where I plan on going! Thanks to all the staff at Community Motors! I even got a fuel tank of gas!

Bad Brakes

by from Montezuma, ia |

Looked at a nice clean vehicle but when driving it it had some serious pulsing and vibration in the braking. They said they would look at it but it should have already gone through a "detailed quality" inspection. When I decided not to get the vehicle they said they were going to put new pads on but that they pads that were on it had 60% left. If the pads have 60% left then they are not the cause and a larger underlying problem exists. I really had no confidence that they performed a complete or honest inspection. Either they didnt look at it thoroughly or they wanted to pass a problem off onto the customer.

May 9, 2014

Dear CR Monte, We regret that you were not happy with your shopping experience at Community Motors. While our vehicles do go through an extensive inspection, certain conditions may arise due to vehicles sitting on the car lot for extended periods of time. It is very common for brakes to pulsate and need adjusting after not being driven for a few weeks, and we would certainly have done whatever was necessary (replace brake pads, turned rotors, etc.) to make the car safe and driveable. We hope that you will reconsider our dealership for your future needs.

not happy interested buyer

by from EVANSDALE,Ia |

I was looking at a truck to buy and paid to have it checked out, found out it had a few things that needed to be fixed, a few minor issues and one major issue. The major thing was that the front bumper was torqued and the grill is broken. They agreed with me, but weren't willing to work with me to fix it, they just refused.It's to bad they are willing to loss a sale (customer)over something like this, it's not like they lowered the price,it was only listed $290.00 below book value and they have had it for over seven month.

March 27, 2014

Kevin, We are sorry that we have not been able to reach agreeable terms on the vehicle. While it is true that the vehicle needs some minor, mostly cosmetic work, we feel that we have worked with you to make a fair offer on a 2006 truck with 145,000 miles. We feel there are more considerations to the transaction (eg the value of your trade, etc) and would be happy to continue working with you to reach a deal that works for both of us. Please feel free to contact us your convenience.

My buying experience 09 Aveo

by from Waterloo Iowa |

When I first walked into the dealership I was having second thoughts. It was pretty hectic and the building was under construction. No one offered to help us even when me and my husband asked. Finally one of the new salesman helped us. He was very helpful and was very well mannered/dressed professionally,even for being new. me and my husband are not by any means wealthy, yet he found us a affordable car with exactly what we asked for. Management took forever but overall it was a ok experience with the salesman being as helpful as he was. It's about 50/50 on the way the employees dress and how long everything takes but overall we are satisfied with the dealership.

March 28, 2013

Rachel, Thank you very much -- both for your purchase and for taking the time to post your review. We value your business and look forward to serving you in the future. Thanks for understanding about the construction -- hopefully we will improve on the "time" issue once our remodeling is complete! Thanks again!

bad manager

by from waterloo ia |

Sales person was a pleasure to deal with and non pressuring. Unfortunately the same cannot be said for his manager. This was the first time I have ever been verbally attacked about what has or hasnt been done to my trade in. Completely unreasonable to deal with. I was completely honest about what was wrong with the vehicle and what needed to be repaired. Yet he persisted to be upset for absolutely no reason. I was also willing to take quite a hit on the car. I would definitely think twice about purchasing a vehicle from this dealer. I think that a mandatory ethics and anger management class should be required for all staff.

February 20, 2013

Dear "Disappointed Customer", we are sorry to hear about your recent experience at our dealership. It is our goal to provide excellent customer service before, during, and after the sale. We do want all of our customers to be satisfied, so I encourage you to call me directly at 800-728-5010 to discuss this situation. Mike Bohnsack Community Motor Co.. I look forward to hearing from you.

Andrzej Lukanus/Wayne Thompson

by from Burbank IL |

My friend and I each purchased 2012 Honda Civic LX. This has been my first vehicle purchase so it was a big deal for me and Wayne Thompson made the experience smooth and spectacular! I am completly satisfied with my experience and couldn't ask for a better salesman!

Horrible vehicles, Terrible Salesman

by from North Central, IA |

The dealership does NOT run their cars thru their 'detailed' inspection like they say. Had nothing but problems since day one and they don't back their warranties they sell either. The salesman are even worse. Will never buy from them and certainly wouldnt recommend them to anyone!

August 12, 2012

Dear "Not Impressed", I am so sorry that you did not have a good experience with our dealership. We do want all of our customers to be satisfied, so I encourage you to call me directly at 800-728-5010 to discuss the situation. I look forward to hearing from you. Julie Mitchell Community Motor Co.

Worth the drive

by from Des Moines |

We drove up from Des Moines after finding the used Silverado we wanted online. They had the best price by far and the truck was exactly as they represented.

June 6, 2012

Iowagator, Thank you very much for taking the time to provide your review. We will strive to provide the very best customer service to you in the future. Please contact us if there is anything we can do for you... Thanks again!

Overall Good Experience!

by from Dyersville, IA |

My husband and I cam to Community Motors as a direct result of an internet ad for a Ford Ranger. I have been shopping for a small truck for several months and they had just what we needed. After a little back and forth we were able to arrive at what I believe to be a fair price and all parties were happy. One of the few times I didn't have buyer's remorse after purchasing a vehicle. We even went back to get a Truxedo cover and rustproofing!

June 6, 2012

Patty, Thank you so much for your comments! We will strive to provide the very best service to you in the future. Don't hesitate to contact us if there is anything we can do for you!

by from Garwin, IA |

This is our third time purchasing a vehicle with Community Motors in Cedar Falls. Each time the staff has been excellent to work with. We feel they paid a fair market trade in value and were competitive with the new vehicle purchase price. Would recommend this dealer to anyone looking for a vehicle!

June 6, 2012

Thank you so much Janine! We look forward to helping you in the future... don't hesitate to contact us if there is anything we can do for you.

by from Garwin, IA |

June 6, 2012

Janine, Thank you so much for your comments! We look forward to providing you with excellent service in the future!