Lincoln of Troy

1950 W Maple Rd, Troy, MI 48084

Used 248-283-6347

Upfront, honest and efficient

by from Farmington, Michigan |

I'm a business woman and myself work in sales. I went to 2 horrible dealerships before I finally found a salesman who didn't try and pull a fast one with price changes and irresponsibility. I told this salesman exactly what I was interested in payment wise, what car I wanted (with all the specs) the previous experience I had with Southfield and Novi. He answered all of my questions and was upfront throughout the whole deal. Within 48 hours, I drove away in the car I wanted. My salesman was Jerry. He not only treats others with how he'd want to be treated, but he's efficient. Thanks!! :)

Lincoln of Troy responded to this review

May 30, 2014

Thank you so much for your kind review!

I think the used care dealers are the best

by from Sterling Heights, Michigan |

I was looking for a MKS, my credit was not the best , but the dealership looked for all ways to get me financed. My sales person was Bill, this guy was the most honest, helpful and caring car sales person I have ever met. He really tried to find me the car I wanted t the price I could afford. He followed up with me and gave me different options. The things he did was not just to get a sale, but to help me find the car I wanted. He was not able to do that, but he did send me to the right place for financing. I purchased a car from another dealership only because they had the car I wanted. But I will always remember Bill and when I buy another car if I know of someone who is he is the guy I will recommend. Thanks for people who really car.

Lincoln of Troy responded to this review

March 19, 2014

Thank you Andrea. I really appreciate your review.

Steer Clear, Hustlers!

by from Sterling Heights, MI |

Well, the dust has settled, and the honey moon is over. Yes, I had a good experience buying the vehicle, but the aftermath has been a headache. 3 weeks to the day, I started to receive junk mail about extra coverage on my new purchase. It's been 8 days now, and already 15 offers in the mail have come. I emailed my salesman about it, and got the following response: "Carey, I have had a chance to speak with our General Sales Manager and she tells me that we don't have any information regarding "opting out" of any advertising. She also mentioned that on the back of the purchase order under "additional terms and conditions", line 17 (privacy notice) explains why." You see, I asked my salesman, as well as, the financier if they sell my info, because if they do, I want to opt out now. They both told me no. The financier did tell me that if I did receive any unwanted mail to call Lincoln Financial and they would remove me. Well, I did, and Lincoln Financial told me that nowhere in my contract that they had on file did it say anything about sharing my info, or opting out, and that the Purchase Order they spoke of is not a legal document, but used for in house purposes. So essentially what that means is: Yes, they sold me info, and no they won't give me the option to be removed. I believe this shows a lack of respect for the customer's privacy and it's simply a bad business practice. I will certainly not recommend this dealership if you want any of your personal information to remain personal, or if you would like to be treated like a decent customer AFTER your purchase is final. Two thumbs down with a frown. Whatever happened to customer service?

This dealership has the worst customer service!

by from West Bloomfield, MI |

I took my Navigator in for repair under warranty for a leaking exhaust manifold. While in service, I was notified that the technician while fixing my right hand side exhaust manifold had used the driver side window and heard a "pop" which caused my window to not function anymore. I was informed that it was the motor which had failed and that the cost of the part was $300+ dollars and not covered under warranty. At that time, there was no negotiation that the dealership would cover any repairs since it was a failed motor out of their control. I was informed that the fix will not be covered under warranty and that the cost would be $300+ just for the part. So I had asked to have the technician confirm what failed and tape the window shut so I could drive home with my infant safely. My husband pulled apart the door panel and e discovered that the motor had actually not failed and that it was just a broken cable. His interpretation was that the part looked to be misused, or forced to cause the failure. The window was still working while in my possession before I dropped my vehicle off. Since the window failed while in service, and during the actual use of a technician at Lincoln Brothers I feel that the dealership should take responsibility on the replacement/cost of this part. Unfortunately, they did not feel this way and left me as a very unsatisfied customer. Additionally, I fear having their service department continuing any work on my vehicle and do not have confidence in the technicians they have working for them. The customer service manager avoids my calls and e-mails, and does not follow up with me! Very poor experience and will never purchase from this dealership in the future and strongly discourage friends, family and co-workers to do so as well!!

Last minute dealer breakers

by from Grosse Pointe Park, MI |

This dealership wasted my time. They agreed to a price on my trade in and on a new car lease. We had all of the paperwork signed and they took my down payment via credit card. Before handing me the keys, they tried to change the terms of the deal. It was not a matter of a mistake or anything like that. They just tried to change the deal post facto and squeeze and extra few hundred out of me. When you are leasing a $54,000 car, this should not be an issue. I refused to be worked in this manner. The salesman was fine, but the sales manager just hid in his office and would not even come out to discuss his position in person. This is exactly why people hate walking into a car dealership. I would avoid this place like the plague.