Crest Volvo-Hyundai

23405 Hall Road, Macomb, MI 48042

New 888-736-5602
Used 888-660-0761
Service 888-769-4923

Your Red Carpet Delivery Specialist!

Buying experience

by from Chesterfield Twp, MI |

My wife and I were looking for a replacement car for one of our current cars. We had been looking for several months I had gone back to the same dealership where I bought my current car from and it was on the night of the American League Baseball Playoff games. I was in the show room for fifteen minutes before one of the sales people told me can sell you a car right nowin reference that he was watching the game. Well that told me that the game was more important than the customer. It was two weeks later and finally on Saturday, October 22, 2011 we decided to do a couple of test drives. We first test drove another comparable car from another brand and then came to Crest. At Crest Volvo-Hyundai we tested two cars, the GL and the Limited of their mid-size cars, and the experience was just ow!Both cars are smooth driving, quiet, and handled exceptionally well. We decided one and were ready to talk urkey Our sales representative ailwent to work for us to determine what it would take to get us into this car after carefully asking questions about what we could afford. Now, we were a bit nervous as the listed price and the possible payments were not in our omfort zone We were totally blown away when she came back and told us what they could do. Gail and the sales manager were not only able to give us a airprice for our trade in, they also took off money from the price of the new car in order to bring it down to what we could afford to pay! Heck, they even matched the lowest financing we had found! We knew, walking into the dealership, that what we were paying for our current car and what we could pay for a new car would be a big jump in cost, but not at Crest! They were able to help us keep our payments within the same range as what we were currently paying! That sealed the deal! No other dealership had even hinted that they could, or even would do that for us! In the current financial times that makes buying a new car within reach of most, if not all new car shoppers! When the time comes to replace our other car I have a strong feeling that Crest Volvo-Hyundai will be at the top of the list to shop!

Crest Volvo-Hyundai responded to this review

October 25, 2011

Thank you for your positive response!!! We at Crest are so happy that we were able to fulfill your automotive needs. We take pride in our well trained staff, and fully expect the results you experienced... But it's still nice to hear!!!

The hurry and buy trick offer is only good for one

by from Macomb Mi |

Went to ride and buy a Volvo XC60 demo 2014 with4000 miles. Tiffany Pope showed me the vehicle /no test ride and offered me a trade in price for my Honda Crosstour. The weird part of the sales pitch was that their price was only good for one day. I passed on their offer

Price Jumped 1000 dollars overnight

by from Michigan |

I was interested in buying a used car from this dealer and I wanted to go home and crunch the number to see how much my payment would be before I purchased the car... Within 12 hours of the visit, the price of the car jumped over 1,000 dollars and an additional fee was added to the price.. It was a very unprofessional way of doing business considering that we had settled on a price and they just turned around and raised the price. I will not be buying anything from this dealer and I will not recommend it to anyone I know.

Used buyer Beware!!

by from Hesperia, Mi |

My husband and I saw a used vehicle on Auto Traders from this dealership. Crest Hyundai, No pictures were posted, so we called and talked with a salesman Mark. After several days of prompting, and talking with the manager, we finally got 2 pics, and the price also jumped a thousand dollars more than what was originally posted! Very unprofessional way to run a business. Used buyers beware!!

Great service

by from Shelby Twp, MI |

David, the service rep was professional and curteous, the repairs were done timely and a resonable price (I shopped around), and they provided a loaner vehicle in the interim. Good experience.

Wet and Unhappy!

by from Macomb, MI |

My husband and I saw a used vehicle for sale online at Crest Volvo-Hyundai in Macomb back in February. We went and checked it out, test drove it, it was great. We bought the vehicle. Seemed like a great car....until it rained for the first time of the year. If it rains overnight or even go through a carwash, I have to wet vac out gallons of water from the drivers side floor (front and back). There is some leak under the dash that SOAKS the car, not just a little, but a large puddle that is an inch or so deep. Based on carfax, the dealer had this vehicle since fall of last year. You can't tell me that they never noticed or vacuumed out water from this vehicle. This is something even a mechanic checking out a vehicle before purchase would never discover without owning it for some time, so you cannot say it should have been checked before purchase. I guess when they made sure to say a couple times that these are as-is sales, it should have given us warning. Why do dealers have to be so sneaky and cover up MAJOR issues like this? Why is it that you cannot trust someone to sell you a vehicle and tell you if there is a MAJOR issue that you will never notice until you own it and experience having it in the rain?! Crest Volvo-Hyundai claims to meet and exceed high quality standards - not if you're buying used. I would NEVER buy a vehicle from them again, and would tell anyone thinking about buying from them to be wary of the honesty and trust of this company.

Don't Judge a Book By Its Cover

by from Grosse Pointe Shores |

Very sorry to say, but if your wearing shorts, short sleeve t-shirt and sandels, don;t bother visiting them. I walked in the door and saw a couple sale people look over at me and decided to split. While shopping and looking around I heard some knocking on glass and then someone poked there head out and called over a sales person to help me. At this point I decided if a knock on glass is what it takes to get a sales person interested then I'm better of somewhere else.

Jim Bolen and Crest.....5 Star All The Way!!!

by from Grand Rapids, Mi |

Great experience! Bought a car from Jim Bolen treated so well! I live in Grand Rapids and really didnt want to ate off work to go and pick up the color I wanted so he delivered my car to me himself two and a half hours away! The best service!!! Chip who changed my oil and rotated my tires took a lot f time to answer all my questions! Five Star Service all the way!!!

Gayle Muir - Crest Volvo Exceptional Experience

by from Franklin, PA |

I was looking for a very specific vehicle....2013 Volvo S 60 T 5 AWD Caspian Blue Metallic w/ Climate and BLIS option packages. I searched Internet and found Crest had two!!! I called and was fortunate to be connected very quickly to Gayle. She listened intently and we came to a negotiated price quickly....within a matter of minutes. You could tell her management team including the sales manager supported her effectively. I had a BOS within hours sent via e-mail. I drove from my home in PA with my wife to Macomb, MI....324 miles to make this purchase from Crest. Gayle took extra steps to help us find us a hotel and gave us recommendations for a restaurant. We had a signed BOS by both parties the following day. Due to our schedule we could not travel until the following Friday. Gayle kept in touch making sure we did not need anything from Crest. Upon arrival, we were treated warmly, everything was well laid out. A welcome sign for us did not go unnoticed! Gayle explained the features of the car efficiently...we took an hour and a half to complete the purchase including a meeting with Shane Ratliff, Finance Manager, who was efficient a professional in every way as well. Great buying experience....a hearty five stars. We'll be back!

Hidden Charges !!!

by from Grosse Pointe |

Went to purchase a vehicle and when it came down to the numbers I caught something very disturbing. 1). I know that dealerships are regulated by the State of Michigan regarding documentation fees one can charge a customer, but come on you want to charge a customer for doing buisness. 2). I noticed that the numbers weren't adding up correctly and found a hidden charge (not hidden if you look for it) for a backend product. The Finance Manager tells you that the vehicle has a window etch to deter theft (wasn't on the vehicle I looked over). 3). The interest rate they wanted to charge me for near perfect credit is a laugh. I was given a better rate from my own credit union. Not only that but the higher the interest rate the can bump you the more "Reserve" they get paid by that financial institue they used. (So they charge you a doc. fee, they get paid by the financial institute for bumping your rate and they hide fees) Be carefull - look over the numbers carefully and do the math, or they will get you on this. How many people did they take advantage of with this technique - look over your contract and you will se that they got you!!!!!

Crest Volvo-Hyundai responded to this review

March 24, 2012

Sir/Madam, First let me say we apologize for any inconvenience we may have caused you in pursuit of a new or pre-owned vehicle. We would like to address your frustration with your experience at Crest. 1. Yes, we do charge a minimal fully disclosed documentation fee as do most car dealerships. 2. Many of our in-stock vehicles include an addendum stating added features, which add value to your purchase. 3. Interests rates are not only predicated on credit score but also debit to income ratio and other factors. We generally quote a range, until we know all of the particulars of the transaction before we can specify a rate. Again, we sincerely apologize for any inconvenience we may have caused you in your pursuit of a new or pre-owned vehicle. If you have any other concerns you may call Angelo, our GM, who would be happy to sit with you and discuss this matter at your convenience. Thank you.

happy hyundai

by from clinton twp |

Would recommend Crest Hyundai to friends and relatives will be back in the future.