Destination Nissan

770 Central Ave, Albany, NY 12206

New 866-968-7970
Used 877-828-8949
Service 877-882-2264

Very happy with experience !!

by from Troy N Y |

I have been looking for a new or used car for quite sometime,I drove a lot of them, I either did not like the car or the sales person... Just by chance I went to Destination Nissan and met Derek Owens.He was a new sales person. He was very helpful and if he did not know he found out right away, He was not forceful or just trying to make a deal, He was the best sales men I ever had to deal with... Thank You Derek!!!!

AWESOME, must read this review before going!!!

by from Scotia |

After reading some horrible reviews, thought I should write a review with some facts, its lengthly, but read as it will help you in the buying process and hopefully help Jim Morrell with some challenges on cust service. We arrived and was greeted by a receptionist who said she would have someone with us shortly. We explained, we were purchasing a vehicle today, but had a tight schedule with several appointments. Yes, it was busy, but after 22 minutes waiting we approached her again. She apologized and said she would immediately get someone. During this time we watched the Sales Mgr sit in his office (no one ever came in to his office) and saw the sales staff in the lot changing over license plates. Really? Jim, suggestion hire a "lot boy" on the weekend at $10 per hour instead of tying up your revenue producers and get your Sales Mgr off his butt to help customers. We were ready to walk out then we met Lisa Gerow! We explained to Lisa our time restraints, but wanted to test drive the high end Rouge. After the test drive we told her all we wanted is a one time bottom line price, we weren't going to haggle, but buying today.She said she had a protocol to follow, but would speak to Sales Mgr and she did come right back to us with a terrific price! We took her card and told her we would call her either way by end of the day. She asked questions then it seemed we really wanted the middle model Rouge with upgraded package, heated seats, but no moonroof. Again she immediately gave us a terrific price with our trade in. She listened and figured out what we needed, we were definately impressed! Every salesperson should follow her lead! Not only did we look at the Honda, Subaru, Mitsubihi equivalants, but at another Rouge (the model Lisa suggested). That "BIG" dealership quoted us a PRICE $3000 more than what Lisa quoted! Needless to say, we called Lisa on the phone, told her the car we wanted, gave her a deposit on the phone and set appt for next day to finalize. And yes, we did tell each location and salesperson the same story-purchasing today and didn't want haggling, but Lisa was the ONLY ONE who listened to us and did what we asked. Especially at month end, YOU WILL NOT GET A BETTER PRICE ANYWHERE but here! Guaranteed, we did all the leg work and believe me after experiencing the good, bad and ugly, this is the salesperson and the place to buy any new vehicle! Now, for the bad cust svc reviews and to help Jim/Destination improve. Arrived next day, Lisa in middle of sale acknowledged us, explained the delay and suggested we come back after coffee. Upon returning we waited an additional 30 minutes, but it was understandable. What wasn't acceptable was the Sale Mgr never approached us. You would think he'd at least say, congrats on the new car! Guess that was too much to ask as he sat on his butt. Meantime Lisa is in parking lot changing plates (again hire a lot person for weekend) and the receptionist gave us a white garbage bag to clean out our trade in. Come on, get some of those disposable bags with handles and your logo to hand out, much more professional then everyone leaving that day with white garbage bags! Lisa took us quickly through the process, now Eric (yep, agree with other reviews, they need a new F&I Mgr!) left us waiting 3 hours. Lisa tried several times explaining we had to leave. He made no attempt to assist us then when we finally reached him (we arrived at 11 am and departed at 4:05) he completed the paperwork wrong and was totally unprofessional acting like we were the issue for not being patient! He was told twice we had a party at our home at 4 pm and until my husband stood in his doorway at 3:45 saying we were leaving. We were going to buy options, but didn't bother at that point. Should be a 5 star review, but Eric and the Sales Mgr pulled the score down on cust service. Even with cust service issues, Lisa Gerow and Destination is THE ONLY PLACE TO GET THE BEST PRICE ON A NEW CAR!

Frustrating and no one returns phone calls

by from Albany ny |

To start, I ended up here because I received a pre approval offer from Capital One Auto Finance and was called by Eric the finance manager to come in. I made an appointment and upon arrival I was told that he was with another customer, but George was going to help me pick a car. I stated that I had some budget concerns but it was brushed aside. I picked a car and waited 2 hours while insurance was finalized among other things I guess. Eric was finally able to see me and to my surprise there was a sticker price well above the MSRP and a payment over $140 more than I could afford. When I decline the offer he acted shocked and said "I just can't believe this". He proceeded to offer me free car washes and oil changes and acted as though I was an idiot for not accepting. I left when he started pounding his fists and shouting that I couldn't get a brand new car for what I could afford. Ok no problem. I walked out. George followed me as he was very eager to make his sale considering her needed to sell one more car this month to make his bonus. (Or so I was told). He urged me to wait for John, his manager who wanted to speak to me. While I was waiting, Eric bursts out and starts shouting offers. In. The. Parking lot. I was mortified. Here were people shopping for cars and such and this guy is screaming offers at me. I have never been so embarrassed. Once again I tried to leave and George urged me to stay. I met with John and we agreed on a price within my budget. As I was getting inspecting my purchase, I noticed a scratch in the front bumper. My real complaint comes with the fact that the car I bought was damaged. It was agreed before the purchase that this would be repaired. I made an appointment to get my car fixed and was informed the dealership would need it for a few days. I inquired about a rental as I live about 1/2 an hour away and would need to drive to work. I was told this needed to be set up with sales, as there was no indication for a rental on the fix it ticket. I left numerous voicemails, emails and text messages for my sales guy, George, none of which were returned. I missed my service appointment because I had no gaurentee I would be able to get to work. I am floored. I saw him while dropping my car off and he acted as though he hadn't received anything. I asked him to please try and arrange a rental for me. He still hasn't called. I ended up seeing him in the parking lot later that day and asked about my numerous messages and he pretended he had been so busy that day that he hadn't look at his phone. He told me he would call the next day and try to get me in with hertz. He never called. The real kicker? Because my credit isn't great, I was thrilled to get an approval for Capital One. But I wasn't financed through them, but through Nissan itself. After my credit was run. Eleven times. 11 hard inquiries to get me "the best offer" when then only one I was really approved for was through Nissan. So John you can keep your free car washes (I was offered free car washes in exchange for a good review) because this has been one of the worst experiences in my life. I have never felt less valued as a customer. Maybe if I had brought a man with me or was able to purchase a fancier car I would have had the courtesy of at least a call back from one of the three people I had left messages for.

Terrible customer service

by from Albany, NY |

My family and I have been dedicated, loyal customers of Destination Nissan for the past 7 years. We have purchased our last 5 cars from Destination Nissan. The issue doesn't fall on the quality of the cars but on the quality of our service. Last year, I purchased my car from Destination Nissan. We received a voucher that stated if we recommended the place to a friend, and they purchased a car, we would receive a $100 voucher. I was able to recommend two other people to the company, two other people that actually purchased cars, and I have yet to see the money. Even after bringing up the complaint to the car salesman, I was ignored, and the issue was never solved. This error, however, lies at the fault of the car salesman, not the company as a whole. Also, when purchasing my car from Destination Nissan, I was given a free oil change in the mail. I sent my car in for the oil change (even though i was advised against it from an employee--I guess they rush the jobs they don't get paid for). I thought, hey, its a free oil change, i'm not going to pass that up. Unfortunately, the employee was correct, they spilled oil on the car and it smelled like it was burning when i started it for about two months after the change...must have been a big spill!! Not only would i recommend people to take their business elsewhere, I would also advise against applying for a job there. They treat their employees like garbage. But hey, I guess that's just business for you! If you are looking for a place with grade A customer service, Destination Nissan is not the place for you.

Gary VanDerzee

by from Ravena, NY |

I/We are not fans of the car buying process and our salesman (George Bliven) made the process simple and a great experience.

Great service with great discount

by from Rensselaer, NY |

I received a coupon for a trade-in bonus on my 2003 Sentra from Destination Nissan. The car was about to go for inspection and had a couple of issues that were going to cost some money. I had just spent $800 for a muffler addition and began to think about the possibilities of a good used car that might last for the next ten years. I dropped by the day before Christmas to take a look at the used cars and met Adnan Khan who became our salesperson. He showed me the hatchback Versa and I couldn't take time to drive it then, but came back on Saturday and he had brought forward another car for my consideration. He was an excellent salesperson because he didn't push me into a decision, giving me real options. I was able to take possession of the new Versa that afternoon and everything went smoothly as far as I could see. I am amazed at the car and the deal and sales person and am very happy with the dealership.

Unbelievable!!

by from Bergen county, NJ |

On November 22nd, 2014, my sister and I traveled from new jersey, a little nervous about going to a dealership so far away and worrying about the deal i had discussed via text with my salesman George Bliven. I had a very bad experience the first time I bought my kia van from a dealership in New Jersey. From the salesman to the finance department no one was straight with me in regards to my purchase. i had my van over 10 years and really never thought I'd by another Kia because of my horrendous experience. My experience here at destination Nissan was nothing short of amazing. My salesman George lived up to his word and the whole process was enjoyable. i would gladly recommend him and this dealership to anyone and everyone!!

Great Job!!

by from Colonie NY |

My salesman Jason Stewart was excellent and the buying process enjoyable.

Nissan Rogue

by from albany ny |

Destination Nissan came very highly recommended to us. We had attended the car show recently and were impressed with the design and features of the Rogue. We test drove it and feel it is a very well built vehicle. We could even figure out all the features and buttons. I'm sure we'll enjoy many years with this vehicle.

2014 Nissan Rogue S

by from TROY,NY |

FROM THE TIME I GOT THERE AND MET ALAN DIAMOND , IT WAS GREAT...TOP NOTCH SALESMAN ,HE DIDN'T PUSH ME OR RUSH ME INTO ANYTHING I DIDN'T WANT,WE WORKED OUT A GREAT DEAL AND DROVE A 2014 NISSAN ROGUE S HOME. SHOOK AL'S HAND AND SAID SEE YOU IN THREE YEARS..... IF YOU HAVE A SURVEY, SEND IT TO ME ,I LOVE FILLING THEM OUT.. WILLIAM T. GIRARD

Leased a new Nissan Altima

by from Latham |

On Thursday, Aug. 28 I went to Destination to inquire about the key to key exchange promotion that they were running. I really had no intention of leasing a car that day but things went so smoothly and quickly that's exactly what occurred. Lenox asked me what I was looking for , I told him, and he provided it. The test drive was very good, the last 5 months of my then current lease was taken back with no problems and by filling out a form which took 2 minutes I was done. Timely, professional and friendly actions made this transaction very pleasant. Thanks again Destination!