Goldstein Subaru

1754 Central Ave, Albany, NY 12205

Used 518-690-2241

Best Subaru Dealer in Capital Region!

by from Wilton, NY |

Let's just say as a type A personality, I've researched Subaru for a couple of months before getting the car that suited me best (Outback). I visited every Subaru dealer within a 40 miles radius and ended up buying from Patrick Comas at Goldstein, He was exceptional and it was the best car buying experience I've had to date. Honestly, there's no way to compare a lifetime powertrain warranty and being that it's across the street from a Hoffman car wash makes the free unlimited exterior car washes at Goldstein seem so much more valuable. Awesome experience and will be doing business with Patrick Comas again.

Great service and wonderful experience

by from Colonie, NY |

My husband and I walked into Goldstein Subaru at 9 am with my 21 month old child. We were met by Larry Dudley who was super nice, easy to work with and a no pressure salesman. We knew exactly what we wanted and he ensured that we got everything we were looking for and more! They moved the process along as quickly as they could and everyone was totally apathetic to the difficulties of have a toddler with us! Everyone was super kind and my son enjoyed their brand new, beautiful facilities. We also lucked out because they had the humane society visiting and my son loves dogs! Either way we walked out and drove off the lot with our brand new 2015 Forester! It was a seamless procedure and we were so happy we didn't have to wait too long to get our brand new car! I would highly recommend this dealership!

March 26, 2015

Thank you for the review, Jamie! Congratulation on your recent purchase and don't forget to stop back once per week for your cost free car wash!

Sales Experience

by from Niskayuna, NY |

Purchased 2015 Outback and experience has been a roller-coaster. Initial negotiations went smoothly, but first issue was very long delay after ordering car in first week of November 2014. Car never arrived until mid-March 2015, but in fairness much of delay seemed to be rail shipping via Boston which experienced highest recorded snowfalls ever. So vehicle arrives after five months and is missing 3 required options. Now more delay as dealer gets parts (or most of them) and installs. I had put in a special requirement on tires and factory tires did not quite meet these. Tried to negotiate a fair at cost upgrade to better tires, but that did not happen. Agreed to take care once missing options were installed. As it turns out one set of optional components were not available, but dealer did agree on custom response to order and install, while I withheld payment until parts are actually installed (which took way too much haggling in my opinion). I also did not like this deal shifting between 3 different Goldstein representatives (two Sales and one finance). There obviously was little coordination and communication with me was haphazard. I wish management would empower the Sales people to negotiate the complete deal. After some contentious discussions, senior salesman did make some customer recognition gestures/compensation which were very much appreciated and ultimately led to culmination of deal. I'm still awaiting the missing parts and installation, so we'll see how that goes, but I definitely have some suggestions for the GM of this dealership to improve the overall customer experience.

subaru

by from 17Wiltwyck Lane |

Had to order car.they didn't call me. I had to call but gave me great deal.we worked with a Dave Wood I can't tell you what a great job he did. He made the sale. They try hard to please me.very happy with Goldstein Subaru. My first new car

March 23, 2015

Thank you for the review, Donna! We are very happy to hear that you had a great experience working with Dave. Congratulations on your first new car and don't forget to stop back in once per week for your cost free car wash!

My first Subaru, so far so good!

by from Schenectady, NY |

I was searching around the internet for a Subaru to lease and decided on Goldstein because of the availability of cars to choose from and the close proximity to my house and work. Also, communications from the staff was consistent without making me feel pressured. I pretty much knew what I wanted and when I test drove the Impreza Sport the deal was sealed! The facility is clean and sharp looking, and the staff is friendly and helpful. While the cars sell themselves, the sale is made sweeter by the loyalty programs and the Discount Maintenance Packages made available and free car washes once a week! The Business Manager, Michael Bryan and Leasing Consultant, Eric Nielson were both very knowledgable and easy to work with. I look forward to having a more positive experience!

March 16, 2015

Thank you for the 5 star review, Margaret! We are extremely happy to hear that you had a great experience working with Eric as well as the rest of our staff. Congratulations on your new 2015 Subaru Impreza Sport and don't forget to stop back in once per week for your cost free car wash!

My 3rd Subaru from Goldstein Subaru

by from Niskayuna, NY |

Purchased my 3rd Subaru yesterday, 2015 XV Crosstrek, from Sales Consultant, Doug Dedraff at Goldstein Subaru and couldn't be happier. From the initial looking, test drive, negotiation, ordering and delivery process with Doug to the final financing, extended warranty and maintenance agreements with Business Manager, Michael Bryan was fast, friendly and professional. This is my 4th Subaru, the last 3 have been purchased and serviced exclusively by Goldstein Subaru and would not consider going anywhere else. Being a "show me" and "prove it" kind of person, Goldstein Subaru has shown and proved their professionalism in all aspects which is a rare commodity in todays world. Goldstein Subaru has won my loyalty ... keep up the good work!

March 16, 2015

Thank you for the great review, Michaele and congratulations on your 3rd Subaru through us! We are very happy to hear that you had a great experience working with Doug and congratulations on your new 2015 Subaru XV Crosstrek! Don't forget to stop back in once per week for your cost free car wash!

MandyW

by from Schodack NY |

All interaction with GM and individual saleman was excellent! Always very friendly when I go for my FREE carwashes!

March 5, 2015

Thank you for the excellent customer review, Mandy W.! We are very happy to hear that you had a good experience working with us and enjoy those weekly cost free car washes!

Great buying experience with knowledgeable people

by from Albany,NY |

My recent buy of a Forester turned out to be probably the best of all previous car purchases. Not only was the salesman a likeable, polite and respectful young man, but also organized and knowledgeable in his job. The entire transaction went very smoothly. I left the dealership completely satisfied with what I got for my trade-in and the net cost So far, I am please with my new Subaru and I would have no problem recommending the dealership or the salesman to my family or friends.

March 5, 2015

Thank you for the five star review, DaveEF! Congratulations on your new Subaru Forester and don't forget to stop back in once per week for your cost free car wash!

Great!

by from Niskayuna, NY |

Salesperson Doug was very thorough- he gave me so much information! And the salesroom was so comfortable, including their chairs and refreshments- they are truly interested in the customer's well-being. Goldstein Subaru is just great!!

March 5, 2015

Thank you for the review, EdnaG! We are very happy to hear that you had a great experience working with Doug as well as the rest of our staff. Congratulations on your recent purchase and don't forget to stop back in once per week for your cost free car wash!

Well taken care of at Goldstein Subaru

by from albany,n.y. |

This was our first time venturing into a Subaru. The entire process was smooth sailing. To be honest I was the only hiccup, but our associate Erik Neilson was very patient and knowledgeable about the Subaru we purchased. He let us know about the quality that we were investing in and absolutely we would recommend this dealership to anyone not just for the vehicle but for the service as well. Dave Wood ,finance manager was also helpful in explaining the protection packages that are available to keep our 2012 outback running according to manufacturer standards.

March 3, 2015

Thank you for the 5 star review, Formerly97Honda! We are happy to hear that you had a good experience working with Erik, Dave and the rest of our staff! Congratulations on your new 2012 Subaru Outback and don't forget to stop back in once per week for your cost free car wash!