Skalnek Ford

Service 888-300-5819

A Family Tradition Since 1964 *New car prices based off A-Plan

Great Service-Great vehicle

by from Grand Rapids, MI |

I found our vehicle on this website; researched the fee Carfax, then looked at it on their website as well. Sent an email inquiry. It was a pre-owned, certified Ford vehicle, and I'd already test driven others of the same model, and after researching others of the same mileage and styles, realized haggling over the price wouldn't be worth it because it was already the best deal within 200 miles of my home. our salesman called me the morning after I sent the inquiry; I asked my questions and decided we wanted it. Rather than drive the 178 miles from my house to Lake Orion (I live in the Grand Rapids area), the salesman met us in Lansing, which is much closer for us than him, and we literally did the sale in a parking lot. I wouldn't recommend this for most, but because of the pre-owned, Ford-certified status of this vehicle, I was not worried at all. We've taken care of everything, and we LOVE the Ford that we bought from Skalnek. I would recommend them to anyone interested in a used (or new, even though ours wasn't) Ford vehicle, or anything else that they put their stamp on.

April 25, 2014

We are glad we were able to get the car you wanted to you, we do our best to make the process as easy as possible. Enjoy the new car and GO LIONS!

Questionable Buying Experience

by from Lake Orion Michigan |

Follow up to my last reply after I wrote my reply, Skelnak Ford called and within one day had the car I wanted and I took delivery. It seemed the entire dealership worked to make it happen and Ryan Marshall did a great job and so did Rick. They turned a bad feeling to a great experience I will be back next time I need a car. Thanks guys

Questionable buying experience

by from Lake Orion |

Went to buy a Focus Titanium had the exact car but the battery was dead the insides trashed and it had 230 miles they call this a new car said they could dealer trade for a car but I would need to put up 200.00 dollars Lost some of the new car buying experience

Used car conundrum update

by from lake orion |

After my initial rant, and it was done purely out of frustration, I've decided to post an update. Lance and his team stepped up to the plate and delivered a home run! Lance was in direct contact with me, honored his word and made sure that my satisfaction was at the top of his list. I will be buying from Skalnek Ford again and especially from Lance!

Used car conundrum

by from Lake Orion |

Easter Sunday my wife and I pulled into the Used Car lot. There were only two Van's on the lot, one of which my wife loved immediately. The following day I did the online quick approval. Lance called me back and we set up a time to meet that night once I was off work. The van was everything we hoped for. The price was right what we wanted. We finalized the deal after closing time. Drove home in the new van, and suddenly the passenger rear sliding door won't close (it's electronic). I called Lance that night, he said to bring it in the next day. My wife drives it in to get looked at. Jake the service representative lubricated the mechanisms of the door, but didn't fix anything. Now day two of owning this van, the same door won't close! I call Lance who says to bring it up again tomorrow. At this point I'm ready to return it for my old van. Very disgruntled. I was sold something that doesn't work.

April 25, 2014

Brian we apologize for what you went through, I heard Lance figured out a plan to get the door working properly. We don't want you driving a broken vehicle, please don't hesitate to call Lance if you have any other issues.

Unprofessional Salesman

by from Lake Orion, MI |

I was met by Ted Coons. Shopping for a Ford Escape, he quickly pulled the vehicle I wanted and allowed me to take a test drive. After driving it, I loved the vehicle! Upon returning I made a cash offer, no trade in, just a straight cash offer. He said my offer was way too low. I said ,"Ok, no hard feelings."I got up to leave. He said he could try and present it to his manager and began writing it up. While writing, he began lecturing me on how my offer would probably not work and was pushing hard for me to increase it. He wanted to know how I arrived at my offer. "My wife and I are committed to living debt free," I calmly explained, " and that's all I have saved for a car." After finishing the write up, he asked me to follow him across the parking lot to the main building so he could present the offer. While walking across, he continued lecturing about how little money he makes on each car he sells, and that he makes money by selling extended warranties. I listened calmly. Upon entering the building, I sat in the waiting room. There was another customer seated. Ted returned a few minutes later with some print outs. Raising his voice (the other customer looked up), he almost shouted, "You expect me to take that much less for this car?". Again I said that was all I had to offer and if it doesn't work, no hard feelings. He then loudly said, "I guess you don't want to buy this car!" I said, " I guess you don't want to sell it." I told him I didn't want to argue with him, that if my offer wouldn't work, it was ok, no harm no foul. He walked away. And I left. It's disappointing to be treated so unprofessionally. Rudeness does not sell cars. I hope Ted Coons receives needed sales training to avoid alienating future potential customers.

Problems to be solved after miscommunication.

by from Auburn Hills, MI |

I would like to retract my bad review and change it to a good review. I was contacted by Ryan at Skalnek Ford and the problems will be fixed. There was a breakdown in communication but all has been resolved.

DO NOT BUY A USED VEHICLE FROM SKALNEK FORD

by from Auburn Hills, Michigan |

This certified used car we bought in September 2013 , two months ago, went in for an oil change and were we in for a surprise. There's an interior cabin filter that was plugged. Cost to Us $31.00. The front end was pulling to the side but we thought it was air pressure. Then we were told that the front end was out of alignment. Cost to us $69.00, We declined. They said we hit a pot hole. We never hit anything. Then we were told that the fuel injectors needed cleaning for $ 99.99. We declined. Ryan our salesperson lied to me 3 times when I asked if the vehicle was detailed. There was receipts, dog hair, sales slips, and candy wrappers from the previous owners. There was oil dripped all over the top of the engine. We took it back to be cleaned and the employees did it since it was slow, But as I already mentioned the internal filter was plugged . Never checked. Ryan said the 30,000 mile check up was completed. Another lie. Is a internal filter and making sure the wheels go straight important? Not to Skalnek Ford. Ryan was supposed to check into this and call back but never did.

December 7, 2013

We do our best to make our customers happy, this is not how we conduct business. I believe there must have been some miscommunication. We sell a lot CPOs and other vehicles and Ryan as you can tell from other reviews does a great job and he really tries his best for his customers.

Great Deal, Great People

by from Rochester Hills MI |

Easy access, great selection easy to work with and I got a great car. All the people were very friendly, knowledgable and helpful

December 7, 2013

We are glad you had a good experience at our dealership! we hope you love your new purchase.

Traded in Camaro to buy CPO Ford Escape

by from Rochester Hills, MI |

Things which went well:- Worked with Ryan Marshall. Was a pleasant experience, and Ryan calls spade a spade. I can say that if not for Ryan I would have walked out without buying anything from there. I was given various options to get out of my leased Camaro and to buy a vehicle which my wife could also drive. Pleasant dealership environment. Less gimmicks, more doing things which matters for customers. Things which could have been better:- I would have liked a better Trade in offer but I am happy that I bought this vehicle. Also there was a huge delay in closing the transaction.

December 7, 2013

Ryan is one of our best salespeople we are very happy to hear he treated you well. we are sorry it took some time but there is almost as much paper work in buying a car as there is buying a house! It can take sometime and we do get backed up at times. We are trying to get better though with our new E-contracting system. Thanks for the feedback, Enjoy your new car!

New Car Purchase

by from Grand Blanc, Mi |

This week I purchased a new Focus. My interaction started with a web inquiry which was rapidly addressed. My goal was to rule out the Focus as I had already more or less chosen a Chevy Cruze. Ryan Marshall provided me the information I asked for and went the extra mile to win the deal. Highly recommend this dealer and Ryan.

December 7, 2013

Chuck we are glad that you choose to come to us for your new purchase, we can't take all the credit because the new Focus basically sells itself. Enjoy your new ride!