Robert DeNooyer Chevrolet

600 E. 8th, Holland, MI 49423

New 877-266-0848
Used 888-309-5829
Service 866-513-3769

Your family Chevy dealer since 1953!

Miracle on 8th Street in Holland

by from Coopersville, MI |

If you have ever gone car shopping at a dealership, then you know the odds of having a complete satisfactory experience are, well, a miracle. You usually get pressured into buying something you're not really sure you want and in a manner that puts you on the defensive to buy impulsively without having time to consider all your options. The sales person is more concerned with selling you a car BEFORE YOU LEAVE than in taking the time to help you meet your needs, whether it is doing business with them or with some other resource that may be better equipped to assist you. My wife and I knew we were in the market to replace our older car, but we were looking for assistance to help decide which options (car, price, budget, service, etc.) would be best for our particular situation. Unlike most car sales persons, Dominique DeNooyer shared his expertise with us in a way that made us feel like he was actually buying the car for himself. He patiently informed us about our different 3rd row seating options as he brought us through the different vehicle possibilities. He never questioned our decision to work at a certain price point within our budget by up-selling us on a vehicle we couldn't afford. He negotiated our trade-in fairly and even offered to help sell it whether we bought a car from him or not! There was no undue pressure on us to close a deal before we walked out the door, and in fact, he encouraged us to consider all options such as private party and internet research to secure the best deal possible for us. We really felt like he was putting our interests ahead of his own; thus, the ultimate compliment for any salesman in any sales business. It reminded me of one of my all-time favorite Christmas classics Miracle on 34th Street, where Kris Kringle sends the little boy on his lap over to Gimbels to buy something that Macy's didn't have. I would have loved to buy a car from DeNooyer's, but we decided another car brand fit our needs a bit better. But if I am ever looking for a GM car in the future, I will certainly see Dominique DeNooyer and give him the first opportunity for our business.

February 20, 2015

David, David, Thank you very much for taking the time to write your very kind review! We hope that our entire staff tries to put themselves in the shoes of the customers and give the best advice possible...sometimes that results in a sale and other times it does not...but in the long run we hope to get our fair share! Thank you again for the opportunity and we hope you enjoy your new vehicle! Thank you, Dominique DeNooyer

Friendly service

by from Holland, MI |

We recently bought a used vehicle from DeNooyer and had a great experience. Working with Steve, we had no complaints as he made the process very easy.

June 10, 2015

Ryan, Thank you very much for taking the time to write a review! We really appreciate your kind response. Steve has been a great asset to our team and we are glad you had a good experience with him! If you ever have any questions or concerns don't hesitate to contact myself or our team at 616.396.2333. Thank you, Dominique DeNooyer

Once they have your money the don't care about you

by from Wyoming MI |

Bought a used truck a 3 weeks ago, found the CV axle is torn and is giving out. The dealer won't fix it, it's a major problem that should have been fixed before they sold it. it's like they are laughing at me saying "haha its your problem now sucker!!" Once they had my money they stopped caring about me and the truck. They say they care about getting us a reliable car, then they do this to me. Slimy place who just wanted to pass the problem onto someone else. I do not recommended to anyone looking for a used car.

June 10, 2015

Matt, Thank you for taking the time to write a review! I really apologize that you had trouble with the CV joint on your Ford F150. I apologize for the delay in responding...but I know we have talked between your review and now. As we discussed we have paid to fix the CV axle repair so you have no out of pocket expense. Our goal is to provide a safe and reliable vehicle even if it is over 100,000 miles. If you ever have any other questions or future concerns don't hesitate to call me at 616.396.2333 x247 or email me at ddenooyer@denooyerchevy.com. Thank you again for your time and have a safe trip out west! Dominique DeNooyer

Worked to find the right car for me, and a friend

by from West Michigan |

Sales team worked to find exactly the vehicle I wanted, then did the same for a friend I referred. Professional and personal, definitely a great experience. I'll be sending more friends their way!

December 20, 2014

LoriJo, Thank you for taking the extra time to write a review! We appreciated you giving us the opportunity to find the exact used vehicle for you! If you ever have any questions of concerns with your vehicle don't hesitate to call me. We really want to be a store that takes care of you after the sale! And thank you for your referrals as well...it means a lot in the sales industry! Thank you again for your business! Dominique DeNooyer 616.396.2333 x247

Poor service all the way around!

by from Holland MI |

Poor customer service skills. Phone rang 24 times before being answered. Offered to take a message and call me back. Was told to bring the car in at 7:30 and all they did was replace a keyfile up. Didn't even start looking at the vehicle until after 330. Still charged $55for taking the car for a drive to listen for a clunking sound which they never could figure out the problem. I will never take a vehicle there again for any reason.

November 5, 2014

Thank you very much for taking the time to submit a review! I really apologize that you had a poor experience. As GM has pushed to make the GM fleet one of the safest on the road they have significantly increased the recall volume. We pride ourselves in still maintaining a live operator along with 2 designated people to specifically answer service appointment calls. We recently hired the second person to address the issue that you had with calls ringing too often and calls going to voicemail. I know that can be very frustrating and I apologize your call did not get answered in the manner we would like. I apologize your vehicle was not looked at initially when you dropped it off at 7:30. We have recently made an adjustment to address the amount of appointments scheduled to ensure the vehicles are looked at promptly. We are working through 2 more weeks of high traffic schedules and then we have a slightly lower volume for maximum appointments so we can have the time set aside to service our customers promptly and in the manner in which we pride ourselves. This would also involve more time so you would be able to ride with the technician to point out the clunking noise so we could isolate the specific concern and address it properly. Again I apologize for the experience you had...that is not the experience we strive to provide! I would love to hear if you had any other ideas to help us improve! Thank you for your time and feel free to contact me at 616.396.2333. Thank you Dominique DeNooyer 616.396.2333

Great Service

by from Holland, Michigan |

My car was recalled and the other dealers just brushed me off like it wasn't a big deal or like I didn't know what I was talking about. It was absolutely frustrating. When I made an appointment they called me back within the hour and set me up with a new temporary car and took care of me in a timely manner.

November 7, 2014

Ashley, Thank you for taking the extra time to give us a review! We are very happy that you had a good experience with your vehicle that was recalled! This is the type of experience we strive to have. As you may know the GM is taking a very proactive approach to making the GM fleet one of the safest on the road...this being the case there is a very high volume of recalls out there. We have tried to increase our staff to handle the extra call volume and more loaner vehicles to cover extended service visits. If you ever have any questions down the road don't hesitate to call us! Again thank you for the review! Thank you, Dominique DeNooyer 616.396.2333

Great customer service!

by from Zeeland, MI |

I have always been pleased by the service I received at DeNooyer Chevrolet, but I thought I should mention my most recent service. Driving into work Thursday morning last week, my right front wheel bearings decided that they had had enough and gave out (awful noise!). I had a very busy couple days ahead at work and there was no way it was possible for me to get the truck into service. I called DeNooyer service (Carmen), still not knowing how I was going to get the truck fixed. She told me that they would pick up the truck from my place of employment, and bring it back to DeNooyer to be looked at. The truck was repaired the same day, and returned to my place of employment before I got out of work! That's awesome service! Thanks Carmen and the DeNooyer service team!

May 7, 2014

Thank you Chris for your reply! Thank you for your business with our service team! It is wonderful to hear stories like this. We pride ourselves in trying to make our service department convenient and competitively priced. There are a lot of choices out there! Thank you again for taking the time to write a review! Dominique DeNooyer 616.396.2333 x247

Pushy high pressure sales

by from Holland |

I stopped in with a specific vehicle and maximum payment in mind. It took 2 hours to find out that they were going to sell me a different vehicle than I went there for, at a payment $200 more than I wanted to pay. When I declined they sent in one of the owners who tried to pressure me into the sale. He tried so hard to get me to buy the vehicle I thought it was going to physical. This incident happened several years ago, but I have e purchased 3 trucks from other dealers since then with not an issue one. Most recently their employees lowered their U.S flag and left on the ground. Proving to me that all the owners are interested in is money, and will disrespect any one and anything to get it.

July 2, 2013

Ray, Thank you for taking the time to write your review. We take every review very seriously. I really apologize that you had a poor experience in the past! It is a big deal that you felt pressured to purchase a car...We do always ask if there is anything we could do that would earn your business as we are trying to sell the vehicle...but we tell people the price is always good as long as we have the vehicle...if we can sell it at a certain price today...we can do the same whenever you come back. It sounds like the timing took too long as well...we shoot to wait on our customers in a timely manner...we have greeters who welcome the customers to the store so customers do not have to wait for service. I know it is always frustrating when we could not provide the vehicle you wanted for your desired payment...we never expect anyone to purchase if we can't get the vehicle they want for the budget they can afford. I will make a point to bring this up in our sales meeting so we can make sure that this type experience does not happen again. Here is the response we posted in reference to the flag being lowered. This event happened after hours by a management company that serviced the flag...if the person had not posted on facebook we would never have know about it...so we really appreciate their service bringing it to our attention. Thank you so much for bringing this incident to our attention. We truly apologize as it is never our intention to place the flag on the ground. We have always prided ourselves in taking care of the American flag and flying it proudly. We have a service that comes in to replace the flags after they show signs of wearing out. Unfortunately the flag rips in the wind due to it's size and is difficult to bring down with one person...so last Wednesday we had the flag taken down before the replacement was in because it was calm out. We contacted the company that services and replaces the flag and they sent their employees out after hours to install the new flag the following week. Unfortunately from what you have said they disrespected the flag and the process...again we are so sorry that this occurred! It is our intention to look into this event further and make the necessary adjustments so something like this does not happen in the future. I unfortunately am not able see the post you referenced on Facebook...if you could extend our deepest apologies it would be greatly appreciated. You are welcome to include this email if you think it is appropriate. Thank you again for bringing this to our attention...we are proud of the flag we fly and the country it represents. Thank you, Dominique DeNooyer ddenooyer@denooyerchevy.com We have terminated our relationship with the company as well. Thank you again for your review!...and I apologize for the long response! Feel free to contact me with any questions or concerns at 616.396.2333 or ddenooyer@denooyerchevy.com Thank you, Dominique DeNooyer

Great dealership and experience once again.

by from West Michigan |

This is my second lease purchase from DeNooyer Chevrolet. I must say, I am always impressed by this dealerships professionalism and courtesy in providing me a pleasurable experience each time I visit them for a new vehicle. Their staff is very knowledgeable and quick to answer any and all questions whether easy or complicated. They help explore all areas of the purchase and even to suggest alternatives, which has been very appreciated in my own purchase case recently. Of mention are General Manager Nicole DeNooyer and sales and leasing consultant Dave Kemper. Both are very friendly and go that extra mile to make a purchase a quick and easy process. I will continue to use them in the future. Great Job DeNooyer.

June 13, 2013

Dean, Thank you very much for taking the extra time to write a review! We truly strive to have this type of experience happen everyday at our store. We appreciate your business and look forward to working with you in the future! Thank you, Dominique DeNooyer

Unbelievably Good

by from Douglas MI |

We believe in the future of electric cars. We've looked around, and for many reasons, decided on a Chevy Volt. Well, we've lived in Michigan a long time, and felt that GM ought to be rewarded for finally listening to what people want. Frankly, this is the first American-made car we've ever owned. We've seen Denoyer, driven by it forever, but had no idea what we would find inside. After driving Toyotas for a few years, we had come to expect a nice bunch of people in sales and service. Perfectly nice. But Denoyer is so customer-centered, my husband and I found ourselves staring at one another as we went through the buying process. Actually gaping (we're not gapers). Rob, our salesman, was so kind, helpful, patient with our many questions, but when he started talking about the service team, annual detailing, for free, loaner cars for service visits... We felt as if we'd somehow won the lottery. We know the family. We know how much they have contributed to the town. Now we know why they've been here so long--a third or fourth generation family business. It's because they are actually better than their competition in customer centered sales. Amazing.

March 11, 2013

Thank you very much for your review! We know it takes extra effort to write a review. We are glad you had a good experience! The Chevrolet Volt is a very special vehicle and we are proud to sell it. It is wonderful to hear that you are giving an American vehicle an opportunity. Currently the Volt is rated as the highest vehicle in customer satisfaction sold in the US today. As a dealership we will strive to make your Volt ownership a great one! Thank you, Dominique DeNooyer

Unwilling to warrenty

by from Grand Haven,Mi |

Purchased 2006 jeep Grand Cherokee in late Oct 2012, agreement was to purchase if Dealer fixed anything that was wrong due to service light being on. To my benefit to engine needed replacement. In early November things were finally done and I was on my way with the nicest lookin 06 Jeep around. Happy Happy. Well now the transmission has gone out and they say they will not do anything for me and that it's ALL my problem and I should have bought the extended warranty. Not happy with this situation and will never deal with DeNooyer again. Told them i did not expect them to cover full cost, just maybe part of it would have been a nice gesture.

February 1, 2013

Thank you for taking your time to fill out a response. I really apologize that you are having trouble with your 2006 Jeep you bought from us. We pride ourselves in taking care of the customer after the sale! It looks like we initially paid the full cost to replace your motor with a remanufactured engine for $6,535.00. The engine came with a 3 yr or 100,000 mile warranty on it as well. Unfortunately the transmission went on the vehicle a few months later...I checked our safety report when we traded the jeep in and there were no indications that the transmission would have premature failure. We do offer a 20% discount on any repairs done at our service department in the first 12 months or 12,000 miles for vehicles that have over 100,000 miles. In your case the vehicle was fixed at another shop so we mailed you a check for 20% of what the transmission replacement would have been at our shop (total repair would be $2550 for a used transmission with 20,000 miles and a 1 yr warranty, so we sent you a check for $510 to compensate for that even though the repair was done elsewhere). The option was given to purchase an extended warranty to cover items that may break and that was declined at the time of purchase. I know it is not always easy to pay the additional money for an extended service contract. In hindsight I am sure we both wish that would have happened to make the repairs less expensive for both of us. Thank you for your response and if you have any questions or concerns don't hesitate to contact me at 616.396.2333 x247 Thank you, Dominique DeNooyer