Stark Automotive Stoughton

1423 Us Highway 51, Stoughton, WI 53589

New 877-255-8149 New 877-255-8149
Used 877-824-8417 Used 877-824-8417
Service 888-416-6791 Service 888-416-6791

Dane County's Number One GM Certified Dealer!

Wonderful Experience at Stark Chevrolet

by from Madison, WI |

I worked with Aj Stark from Stark Chevrolet while buying my last two cars. He is extremely knowledgeable and forthcoming with a lot of the "hidden costs" when buying a new car. He is definitely different than any other car salesman I have ever met. I think we got amazing deals on both of our last two cars thanks to him. To top it all off, they call periodically to check in on us. Great Service all around!

Stark Automotive Stoughton responded to this review

July 23, 2014

Thanks for your feedback! We appreciate your input!

Exceptional Place to buy a car.

by from Janesville, WI |

Stark has always been great to work with. We have purchased several vehicles from them over the years and would not go anywhere else.

Extremely disappointed

by from Stoughton, WI |

We are extremely disappointed with the service we received from this dealership. As a young newly-married couple, we were looking to get the best bang for our buck. To do this, we shopped around online and explored different dealers and prices, and really did our research. I scheduled an appointment via email with Keith. We had a few different vehicles we wanted to check out at Stark, and then we were moving on to another appointment with a different dealer. I was upfront about the fact that we were exploring our options and mentioned multiple times that we had multiple appointments scheduled at other dealers. We were able to narrow it down to a single vehicle at Stark. Keith ran the numbers on the vehicle and the monthly payment was at the very high end of our budget. I commented that we would feel more comfortable with something lower than that, and Keith responded (in a quite rude tone of voice): "I don't understand what the problem is. I'm giving you what you said you wanted. What is keeping you from signing?" After a very awkward pause in which my husband and I stared at each other in shock that he was being so blatantly rude, I repeated that the price was the absolute most we could afford and I would feel more comfortable with something lower, and we still had cars to look at at other dealers. He seemed completely shocked and in disbelief that we weren't going to sign and buy on the spot. After this, he asked us to wait and went into the back for a while. He came back with who I'm assuming was his manager, and surprise- they had another car the same make, model, and year that fit more in our price range. We were excited to hear this, and very excited about the car, but still had scheduled appointments at other dealers that we needed to get to. Keith still had a disbelieving attitude about the fact that we weren't willing to sign and buy on the spot. We finally got out of there and proceeded to our other appointments (where, I might add, the salespeople were polite and treated us with much more respect). The next day we called back and put some money down on the car we were interested in to show we were serious and to hold the vehicle while we finalized our loan approval and brought our trade-in vehicle in to be appraised. We were feeling uncomfortable to be buying a car from someone who was so rude to us, but ultimately decided not to make a stink about it because that could potentially make our future visits to the dealer (appraising our trade-in, coming back to buy the car, etc) awkward if we were with a different salesperson while our previous salesman was there. Anyways, we got our trade-in appraised and they offered lower than we were willing to accept. We attempted to negotiate something higher on the trade-in or get a couple hundred or so knocked off the price of the car we were buying. We were adamantly told that they were not willing to budge on either front. At this point we had a growing and growing sense of unease. Salesman was rude and pushy, then they're not willing to even discuss knocking a couple hundred off of the price? We still proceeded back to our bank to get the check from our loan. While at the bank, we discussed more and ultimately decided that we weren't willing to give our business to a dealership and a salesman who failed to treat us with respect, wasn't offering a fair trade, and wouldn't even negotiate a slightly lower price. My husband called the salesman back to let him know we wouldn't be returning for the vehicle because they wouldn't offer more for our trade or negotiate a bit on the price. Keith paused for a minute and responded, and I quote: "Are you serious? We spent a long time getting this ready." We will be buying a car, and it will not be from Stark. They lost a sale from a customer who had a check in their hands, and gained an upset customer who is not afraid to tell the world of their awful experience.

Always good service

by from Stoughton, WI |

Between the check in, service loaner and pick-up I worked with John Miller and Don Dillman. The car was ready before promised and all warranty issues were checked and resolved before the work was done. Do far everything couldn't be better. I've always had great service here.

Great Customer Service @ Stark

by from Stoughton, WI |

I went to Stark Automotive in Stoughton to get warranty work done on my vehicle and worked with Josh Miller as my service consultant. Josh made the process very easy and painless. He went above and beyond my expectations and I would definitely go back to them again.

Excellent Service/Knowledge/ customer care

by from McFarland,Wi. |

I had the pleasure of dealing with John Miller in the Service Dept.,who is very knowledgable mechanically,very courteous,and takes time to explain everything thoroughly---looks out for the customer,and does his research on re-calls and extended warranties,no matter who the manufacturer. He is very honest and fair,and I respect his judgement.Was recently down in Florida,and had our "check engine light"come on,on our Pontiac G6.Called and talked to John a couple times for his advice,as a local dealer did not totally resolve problem---I had no confidence in them----there final answer would have come to "big bucks",plus they were kind of guessing on everything.. Waited and drove back to Wisconsin and brought it into John & Stark Service,who totally resolved the prob- lem;he,did some on-line research,and got it covered under a GM extended warranty. Got some issues resolved with our Mercury Cougar,and will always take our cars into Stark---you have a valuable employee in John,keep him happy.Will always recommend Stark to others,(a class organization).

Fantastic experience with Bill "Bingo" Seitz

by from Stoughton, WI |

I recently sold my car without having another lined up. For many sales people, they would have seen this as their opportunity to push me into a purchase. When I went to Stark, I was met by Bill Seitz, "but nobody call me that. Call me 'Bingo'." Bingo couldn't have been more accommodating. He was thorough without being pushy and had a great read on how much information I was looking for- not too much, not too little. I chose a 2012 Ford Fusion after driving a couple cars off the Stark lot as well as other on differing lots. The price was great, and the car was clean. In fact, it looked new when I picked it up. My experience in the finance office was great as well. I was informed of available products without being pressured into products I didn't feel I need. In all, I would highly recommend stopping by the Stark in Stoughton. They take the pressure out and allow you to focus on making the right decision for you and your family!

Great service dept

by from Janesville, WI |

I've had to bring my car in for a couple service repairs and received excellent care from John Miller in the service department. He listens very carefully to all of your concerns, then takes the time to explain them in detail that is easily understood. I live 30 miles away, but will definitely return to see John for any future needs!

Fantastic experience with Stark!

by from Stoughton, WI |

I DREAD car shopping. It's usually stressful and awful. But my experience at the Stark dealership in Stoughton, WI was fantastic.There were none of the high pressure sales tactics so common at car places. They answered all of our questions and we got a great deal on exactly the car we wanted. I did a lot of research and Stark really does have the best prices in the area and their staff are friendly and professional. I would absolutely shop with them again.

Salesmen? Eh... Service? Great!

by from Stoughton, WI |

I really like going through John Miller when I go to Stark for service on my car. He explains everything so clearly, he's an honest guy, and just has a great personality. If you go to Stark, ask for your service from John!