Applegate Chevrolet

3637 S Saginaw St, Flint, MI 48503

New 866-563-6921
Used 888-836-5118
Service 877-278-4326

GMC Sierra - Too Good to be True?

by from Lansing, MI |

I purchased a 2008 Sierra in November of '12 which had high miles and seemed reasonably priced. The ad was newly listed and when I inquired the internet sales rep replied by e-mail within an hour. It was on a Sunday, and as she did not reply to my subsequent inquiries I was OK waiting until Monday morning. I contacted her then, was informed the vehicle was available and made arrangements to travel from Lansing. About half way into my trip, a sales rep from the used car department called and informed me that he had actually wrote a deal for the truck for another customer on Saturday, which, incidentally was the day the truck was listed on cars.com. I wasn't happy but understood that communication doesn't always keep up with events. About two hours later the sales rep called again and informed me the other deal fell through, and invited me to stop in. The test drive, inspection and negotiation process was straightforward and easygoing. Because I was pressed for time, they accommodated my schedule and had the truck ready for delivery as promised. My first indication things might not be all right was when the finance manager pressed me for an extended warranty. They advertised the truck as a "cream puff" but rather than argue the point I politely declined and he didn't press me further. It was a truck, and appeared to have been used like a truck so I expect I will be dealing with some issues down the road. Because I lived so far away I wasn't able to have it inspected by my mechanic. After purchasing it he checked it over and confirmed some of my hunches, but had some pleasant surprises - the original owner did take care if it pretty well. However: The detailing masked a number of flaws which revealed themselves after a first washing by hand. The underside had been given a coat of black paint; this did a great job of disguising the rust which is now bubbling through in many areas. The grille and front bumper had sustained damage that was not reported in the Carfax. While no major issues have occurred after one month of ownership, I don't have confidence that I got the best deal and I would not use this process again. The tools available for buyers, such as Carfax and KBB, are really useless.

2010 Chevy Impala

by from West Bloomfield, MI |

I asked about the car online. They got back to me quickly. I live about 50 miles away, they still held onto the car for me to check out. We actually set up buying it sight unseen. They set up a time to meet on the sales persons day off, and we made the purchase. They also got me a good financing rate. I highly recommend this dealership. They wanted my business, and I found a great price on the car I wanted. I would do business again with this dealership in a heartbeat.

Chevy HHR

by from Howell, Michigan |

I bought my first chevy HHR and was not happy with the service. The person who sold me my car did not go over the car details on which I was buying the car from. Two days later after I took my car home, I had a flat tire and we told him (at the car dealership) that we thought the tire looked low. Also my back up light was not working. We asked for a owners manual but he did not give us that. Now I have to buy one which is over 25.00. I love my car but just was not happy with the salesman. I will not do business with him again.