Sun Chevrolet Inc

104 West Genesee St, Chittenango, NY 13037

Love my car, not a great experience though

by from Liverpool, NY |

I bought a used car during their April sale in which they were trying to set a sales record. I went in on Saturday morning after doing extensive research online for a particular vehicle and specifically scheduled my test drive. When I arrived, they were much more interested in creating this crazy environment of having the radio broadcast there. It really made if difficult to park and difficult to get around. All that was fine. I drove the car and loved it, except that the ignition key would stick when you turned the car off. I told him that I was interested if they fixed the ignition. I brought my wife back that day and signed a deal pending the ignition getting fixed. The deal was to pick the car up Tuesday if the repair as made. On Monday, I texted the sales rep to see if the repair would be done by my lunch or if I should plan on Tuesday after work. I was told that they were waiting on a part and it should be done by end of day Tuesday. I get there Tuesday, and the ignition still sticks. The salesman tells me that the part never came in and they would call me that week when it did come in. On Friday, I contact to see if the part is in and he schedules an appointment for Monday AM. I get there Monday AM and the service tech has no idea what I'm there for and no part was ordered. He does some looking around and determines that the ignition was replaced but that didn't fix the problem and that he'd need a few days to get approval from GM to make some repairs. I could not have been more pleased with the service department. However, the salesman flat out lied about the repairs and the status of the repairs. Instead of just fixing the car before I got it, he allowed me to pick it up to only have to turn the car off/on 3 times every time I shut it off to get the key out. I had to drive back to Chittenango to and ride their shuttle to get a rental car for 3 days so they could make the repairs. I called the manager in frustration over the whole situation. He quite frankly could care less and it was clear that once I bought the car, they weren't really concerned about me anymore. Instead of ever returning my call, the manager had the salesperson that I was calling about contact me which he wouldn't even call and only had the nerve to text me and ask me to call. That text went ignored and to this day (2 months later) I never heard anything from any of them. When I picked up my car the service tech was apologetic from the issue and basically said don't ever trust our sales team to tell you about service and ask to be referred to them directly next time. They go through all this trouble with all the PR and ads to get you in the door and once you sign the deal, they could have cared less that the sale was conditioned upon the ignition being fixed. The salesman in order to get the deal through, lied about the repairs that were or weren't done and made up more lies about parts in the mail. Would be very cautious to ever buy from them again.

Awsome visit and with no pressures to buy

by from Fulton , NY |

Best buying experience our sales person ( Kevin ) and with the Help of ( Rusty ) were so great , I would recommend anyone to buy here or to even just check it out ,when you look and test drive they take your car to check it out at least when they are done they give your keys back where other dealers hold them to try and keep you there to buy ,They also did the best trade in value for our vehicle ... Sun does not they are a no pressure weather your looking or buying ,,,great job SUN Auto....LOVED IT SO MUCH......Sun Auto Chittenango

2nd New Vehicle

by from W. Winfield, NY |

Ben is the best! This is my 2nd purchase dealing with him and he makes it a pleasurable experience....does whatever it takes to make the deal happen. I will continue to do my business here.

Great experience

by from Minoa, Ny |

This was our second vehicle purchase in the last six months and we had a great experience at Sun Chevy. We went in with some thoughts on what we were interested in and Josh Palko was friendly, informative, helpful and efficient. Overall wonderful experience.

Ben was great...he was extremely helpful

by from Marietta, NY |

I had a bad experience prior to arriving at the dealership. Ben, my salesperson, seemed to know how to handle it and made me feel as though this sort of thing happens frequently.

Poor service

by from Utica, NY |

Was told that the best that I could get was a 9% interest rate, so I had to get my own loan at 6%. I did the salesman's job for him. Within 100 miles of driving the vehicle, the "Check Engine" light came on, so had to go back to the dealership. The salesman took it in, and within 15 minutes, brought it back and said that the computer couldn't detect anything, so sent us on our way. Within another 50 miles of driving the light came on again, and so we had to cancel a trip and take it back to the dealership which is an hour away from us. Told the salesman again that there was a problem, and that we didn't appreciate having to cancel our trip because they didn't identify the problem the first time. After trying to explain to the salesman that this light doesn't come on for no reason, and even providing him copies of computer scans from elsewhere identifying problems with sensors, he said he "couldn't trust 3rd party" scans. When again pressed for answers, the salesman developed an attitude and raised his voice at my wife. Never again will we do business with this dealership.

New car purchase

by from Rome, NY |

I had previously bought a used manual car from Sun Chevrolet in January of this year. I had a medical issue that made driving a manual car very difficult. I spoke with the salesman (Joel Cummings) who had helped me before. He stated that he thought he could help me out. In the end I bought a brand new car and traded in the manual one. I got the best trade in price I think I could get plus I get back money from the warranties I had bought. Joel drove the new car to my house for me so that I did not have to drive the manual one to trade it in. I live about 30-40 minutes from the Chittenango store. He not only brought the car to me but also explained all the new features in the Sonic (it's radio is unbelievable!). I cannot say enough about the customer service I received. If you are looking for either a new or used car - this is DEFINETLY the place to go.

Great Service, Friendly and Cooperative Salesman

by from Manlius, NY |

The Salesperson was very helpful throughtout the entire process from our first day looking at vehicles to the day we drove the vehicle home.

Easy purchase...

by from CHITTENANGO, NY |

My salesperson was Joe C. He was easy to work with, no high pressure spiel and pressure to purchase. He worked hard to find a vehicle that I could buy brand new within the payment I wanted. Extremely happy, will recommend Joe for sure to family and friends.

Barbara

by from Manlius my |

Just purchased my second car from sun chev in chittenango. My salesperson was Joel and I had a wonderful experience buying from him. He was very helpful in explaining how to use all the new features and was able to help me decide on my car which is a better model than the one I had originally planned on buying. He was also able to secure a better interest rate than i had hoped for. He was patient and even followed up the sale with phone calls to see how everything was going. So thanks again to Joel and sun chev!