Mike Barnard Chevrolet Cadillac Buick GMC

(3.8) 5 Reviews

808 W Union St, Newark, NY 14513

Never going back

by from North Rose, NY |

I will never go back to Mike Barnard Chevrolet to have them work on my car. I brought my wife's GMC Terrain there to have the brakes looked at for a vibration. I was there for over 3 hours when they told me it would not take more than 2 hours. Instead of putting new brakes on all around, they told me the issue would be resolved for much cheaper by using a brake lathe the shave the discs and put on new pads. I agreed and was disappointed to find that their "cheaper" alternative to new brakes was still over 400 dollars and though the initial vibration the car had when I brought it in was gone, it was replaced with a new vibration sound less that 2 weeks later. I had brought the car back to them (being that it was less than 2 weeks since that costly brake job) and they gladly took it in to see what was the matter. After taking ride with the mechanic to have him listen to the sound, he was convinced he could fix it really quick. I waited for another hour until they came back and said it was perfect and I was all set, even though they did not test drive it. I was very pleased that they had fixed the issue without charging me to come back in for the same issue.. that is until I pulled up to the 3rd stoplight I came to and the brakes were making the exact same noise I had brought it in for. At this point they either don't listen or don't care because when I called them back, the service writer (or whoever I talked to) said "Well, what do you want me to do? Do you want to bring it back or something? I mean we tried our best." Lucky for you, sir, I will not bring it back. I am very upset that I brought my wife's vehicle to them and I never will again. They dont listen to your needs and they dont give you the time of day. They are rude, unprofessional and incompetent. I bought this vehicle at Piehler GMC in Webster and will be going there from now on, even though the drive is longer. Don't waste your time and money here on repairs that don't work, with people who don't care about your car or your time.

Good People

by from 14609 |

Just bought a 2009 HHR. They were good to me from the start. Definitely will think about going back when it comes time to buy my fiancee's car in the very near future.

Treated like family!

by from Newark, NY |

Visited Barnard's in the fall of 2011 to preview car options and the staff was very supportive, with no pressure to buy. Very helpful with sharing information about the different car models and options. Went near the end of Feb. 2012 and purchased 2 cars! The salesperson and manager worked with me to get the most out of our trade-ins. We have been customers of Mike Barnard's for 15 years. They provide friendly service and professional care. Thank you!

Great customer service

by from Newark, NY |

Bought a 2008 Jeep wrangler unlined from them. Excellent customer service! Entire staff was very friendly and willing to work with you. Would highly recommend and would go back for next vehicle!

very helpful

by from Buffalo, NY |

The internet department is good to deal with. They responded to me in a timely fashion. This is my first time using the internet for a truck purchase I am very pleased with them.