Midway Buick GMC Inc.

(4.0) 3 Reviews

120 Route 108, Somersworth, NH 03878

Hopefully they get it right the fourth time

by from Barrington |

When I purchased my truck from Midway I purchased the R-2000 Recon promotion they had which I was told was good for as long as I owned the vehicle. Something the salesman said would be a great value since I keep my vehicles for several years. It all sounded like a good deal at the time. The first time I brought the truck in they did a very nice job. However during year's 2 and 3 the service has deteriorated to a deplorable level. When I picked up the truck after the second cleaning I was told by the service manager that he had the employee redo a few spots because it was not to his satisfaction. I was glad to hear their was some supervision. I'm not sure what his level of standard is for "clean" but there was still dog hair throughout the vehicle and they were unable to completely clean the driver seat. Something I could live with but since the seats were treated with a product to reduce stains when I purchased the truck I was surprised they could not get it clean. So this was the second year of the service and I expected my third year to be better, given the previous problems. So here we on on their third year of the annual Reconditioning. I picked up the truck and thought to myself "you've got to be kidding me". I could tell once I opened the door it was a horrible job. Loose dirt was in the drivers seat, the stain was no better, the floor had enough dirt on it I could brush it out with my hand, they did not clean under the center console (or in any compartments as they did my first visit), and there were still several areas with patches of dog hair that I could brush off with my hand. The outside was shiny but clearly not washed as there were still bugs on the grill and hood and a patch of pine pitch which I could scrape off with my finger nail. When I brought the service manager out and see the condition all he could say was he was sorry and they could do it again. Let me back up to when the vehicle was dropped off. Because of the problems from the previous year I asked the service manager what this recon actually covered. He said I would have to speak with a sales associate. Strange, I thought, since his department was taking care of the work. So I went and spoke to a sales associate who stated they have a new product now but still the recon is supposed to be a full reconditioning of the vehicle. Perhaps someone should tell the employee doing this work what a recon looks like and explain how to clean a vehicle Although the staff was very friendly and apologetic and offered to do the work again, it should have been done right the first time. (Both last year and this year and next year.) It is not convenient for me to bring the truck back and have it spend another day there. This year I decided to clean their mistakes myself and had it done in less time than it would have taken to drive over there. I am told that I am the only one this has ever happened to so I suppose the rest of you reading this review are all very lucky. Ironic how it has happened two years in a row. Let's see what next year brings. Perhaps I should clean it first and see if it comes back any dirtier.

Midway Buick

by from Milton, NH |

I recently had my 2002 Kia Sportage repaired at Midway and I must say it was the best experience I have ever had at a dealership. I've been having issues with my vehicle from the moment I bought it and have not had much luck with other dealerships finding the real problem with my vehicle. From the moment I walked in the dealership I felt a sense of comfort and welcoming. The staff was very helping and ensured me that my vehicle was in good hands. They know what they are talking about and at no time do they force you to make a decision that you dont want to do. They were very corteous, extemely helpful and very respectful! If I could give them more stars I would! I walked out with my vehicle in no time, running like it was brand new. I highly recommend checking Midway Buick in Somersworth, NH out.

The Best Around

by from Newton NH |

This is the third new car I have bought from Midway. They are always professional, courteous, and a pleasure to work with. They always make me feel welcome and part of the family. I will buy every car I buy from Midway.

Midway Buick GMC Inc. responded to this review

August 4, 2011

We thank you for the pleasant review, we strive to make sure each and every customer can feel the way they do, before, during, and after their new or pre-owned vehicle purchase, as well as our service, parts, and collision center customers too.