Burritt Motors

340 Route 104 East, Oswego, NY 13126

New 877-280-2102
Used 877-468-5734
Service 877-227-5785

We're only a click away! It's that easy!

Great Experience..........

by from Phoenix NY |

My experience with the dealership was excellent and Andrew Halsey was more than helpful. I purchased a 2004 Chevy and he treated me like I was buying a 2014. He made sure all my questions were answered about the vehicle and when I showed up on crutches because of a recent injury he didn't hesitate to take me for a good ride and explain the vehicle to me. Also in the prep work and getting it ready for delivery, YES I told him that I would not be able to make it back down too soon to get it and he assured it would be to me by the end of the year...... And he did December 31st at 1 pm it was at my door steps..... Thank you Burritt Motors for having dedicated salesmen in serving their customers whether buying new or used vehicles. It was a GREAT experience for me and I surely will tell my friends and family of my experience. And when it come times to retire my 2004 I WILL be back.... Thank YOU LHD

2 cars

by from Camillus, NY |

We bought 2 used vehicles and so far are very happy. Everyone at the dealership treated us well, and did everything they said they would. The entire process was rather painless.

Disreputable

by from Syracuse, NY |

May I rate Burritt at less than 1 star? Less than O. LOL That is what I got. I spent 4 hours on the road and the gas that it took to make those trips, not to mention the time I spent researching vehicles offered by this less than reputable dealership. Several months ago, I saw a vehicle at Burritt that interested. I made the hour long one way trip to Oswego to take a look. I entered the showroom and stood there. I did not see any other customers lingering around but did see many Burritt employees milling about. I asked to speak with someone about a car and it seemed difficult to find a salesperson interested in making a sale. When a salesperson was identified, he seemed rather disinterested but would do me the favor of talking with me. He had the personality of a dead fish but managed to converse me on a basic level. When he found the car online that I wanted to see, I asked the rhetorical question, "This car is pre-owned certified, right?". I knew it was because the ad claimed so and the vehicle in the lot had a sign in the window stating "This vehicle is GM pre-owned certified". I wanted to be sure, just the same. The salesperson responded. "No, it is certifiable". I asked him what that means. He said that, if I paid and extra two thousand plus dollars, it could be "certified". I told him that is deemed certified in their ad. He reiterated that it is "certifiable". At that point, I left the dealership. Sometime later, I received a call from the Burritt internet specialist. I told him that I was not interested in doing business with Burritt and recounted my story. He said the vehicle is GM certified and it is not necessary to pay any additional monies for the certification. About a week later, the specialist called me back and said that the salesperson was wrong and his mistake had been covered at a sales meeting. He asked me if I was still interested in doing business with them and I thanked him and told him that I was not interested currently but might change my mind in the future. Recently, I saw another vehicle offered by Burritt that peaked my interest. I expressed my interest in an on line inquiry form. The same specialist contacted me. I reminded him of my previous challenge with Burritt but said that I would be willing to give them another chance. We made an appointment and he told me he'd call me should the car be sold before that time. I showed up about ten minutes before the appointment and waited until the internet specialist was located. We sat in his office as he looked up the vehicle. He stood up and told me that he would bring the vehicle around. He returned with the keys but told me that his paperwork indicated that the vehicle had been sold but he needed to verify that it truly was no longer available. After finding and speaking with the person who allegedly sold the car, he came back and advised me that yes, it had been sold. He said it was still listed on the web and he did not see an inspection sticker on the vehicle so he assumed it was still for sale. He turned to his computer monitor and said. "We do have this vehicle for sale...". I told him that his dealership was now 0 for 2. He said that it wasn't his fault. I told him that it certainly was not my fault and that it did not matter to me who was at fault among the Burritt, they are all one entity to me. I stood up and thanked him as I walked out. He continued to chatter as I left. I strongly caution anyone thinking about doing business with Burritt, especially if you have to travel to get there. I can't imagine what kind of service is received by those who actually make a purchase at Burritt.

January 21, 2014

After our correspondence on the other review site, I am surprised that you have chosen to continue to peruse this without at least trying to contact me. Once again the salesman has been reprimanded and I have apologized. As I stated before, please reach out to me and I will be more than willing to work with you or just listen if you chose not to do business with Burritt Motors. You can reach me at 3165-312-0510.

sales person did not keep his word

by from syracuse ny |

My experience with Burritt was decent until after the deal had been closed. The sales person Rich Gillen promised to have the dealership purchase an extra programmable key for me, and also to find an owner's manual for the 2013 Ford escape I purchased. That was on December 9th, 2013....it's the 31st and all I have gotten from Rich is one excuse after another. He seemed sincere but turned out to be another sales person who will tell you anything to get you out the door. Other wise known as a "liar". I would recommend you shop elsewhere, or make sure you get everything in writing from these people, because they will not deliver anything once you have signed the papers.

January 3, 2014

Hello Mike, My name is Jim Congdon the sales manager here at Burritt Motors. I received a review on cars.com website and am very sorry to hear of your disappointment after the sale. Another sometimes people have different expectations than the experience that is often provided. We here at Burritt Motors try to exceed our customers expectations as often as possible. It appears that in this case poor communication has led to disappointment, I have been in touch with the salesperson and the owners and I do believe I have the situation resolved. Please contact your sales persons was possible so that he can coordinate with the Ford dealership and your schedule so that you can have that second he promised you. I've also asked the salesperson to try and locate in owners manual for you. I hope the near arise this will bring us back into a very satisfied position as it was before and during the sale. If so could you please post another review allowing me and our customers to know that you are satisfied.

Used Vehicle Purchased found on Cars.com

by from Rochester, NY |

Had a very friendly experience at Burritt Motors while purchasing a used small pickup. Found the vehicle on Cars.com, send in a request, got back a quick reply from A. Halsey and went from there. Andy was easy to work with, easy to contact, and in general a friendly person. For those of you who are more tech savvy Andy is quick to reply via email answering all questions. We met twice, the first time Andy did stay late well past closing on a Saturday to answer all questions and help close the deal, the second time was early Saturday morning and was just as smooth as he had all the paperwork ready to go in a timely fashion. Along working with Andy was Rob, another friendly individual who helped set up the warranty for the vehicle. He was very knowledgeable and also easy to work with. The whole staff at Burritt was very friendly and seemed willing to work with you, I know felt very comfortable. It was a very clean well kept and inviting facility. I would return again for a future purchase without hesitating.

Average dealership, you decide

by from Syracuse, NY |

Just an average review here, nothing too negative, you decide when you get there. I started shopping around for a used truck, saw one they had, I was contacted by Andrew Halsey, very nice gentleman, professional in appearance and attitude. When I arrived he was bringing truck up from the backlot, he greeted me, we proceeded to view the truck and he commented it needed to be cleaned, etc... I end this review with these comments... if your gonna sell something make sure its cleaned up, and whatever else that needs to be fixed, replaced or installed is done. This truck could have been sold before I got there if it had new tires, fuel door replaced, washed waxed & put in front of dealership for more exposure. I decided not buy due to other reasons not worthy of noting here. Yes I recommend this dealer.

Great people, very friendly and easy to get along

by from Oswego, NY |

Great people, very friendly and easy to get along with! Worked with my budget and was not pushy to sell a certain vehicle. I would refer to anyone.

October 1, 2013

Thank you so much for your kind words! We hope to continue to earn your satisfaction in the future. Please don't hesitate to come to us if we can ever help you with anything in the future. We truly appreciate your business!

New Car Experience

by from Wolcott, New York |

We were very please in the customer service and the overall experience at Burritt Motors and the team was very helpful and knowledgeable. We have and will continue to tell our family and friends about our experience at Burritt Motors and encourage them to let you find them a vehicle as well. We were please with Andrews knowledge in what he was selling us and he also told us about all the services the Burritt Motors Team provides. We plan on taking our new vehicle to them for service and are sure we will be nothing more than pleased.

October 1, 2013

Thank you so much for your nice review! We are so glad that you plan to come back in the future, and we hope to continue to earn your satisfaction. Please don't ever hesitate to come to us should you need anything. We truly value your business!

Above and beyond sales service!

by from Moravia, NY |

Andrew handled all of my needs. Burritt was the only dealership that understood that I could not drive there before talking about price. The dealership was over 1.5 hours away and I did not want to waste my time if we could not come to an agreement about price. Andrew went above and beyond answering all of my questions and getting me into a vehicle in the price range I wanted. The car was as described and the deal/paperwork was done very professionally. I would definitely buy a vehicle from this dealership again and recommend them to everybody. I am very happy with my car, the price, and the service I received.

October 1, 2013

Thank you so much for the nice review! We understand that distance makes things even trickier and we make sure to be very attentive to our customers' needs. We hope you found the drive worthwhile, and hope you will continue to do so in the future. Please don't hesitate to come to us if we can help you with anything. We truly appreciate your business!

How to buy a Chevy Traverse in 1 day

by from Sandy Creek, NY |

Upon entering Burritt Motors we were greeted by Mr. Halsey. He answered all of our questions, presented us with several options, and was thoroughly professional throughout our interaction. Once we had selected the vehicle we wished to purchase, Andrew and other members of the staff acted swiftly and efficiently so that we were able to complete the purchase and pick up the car the same afternoon. Andrew assisted with all vehicle setup and got us on our way quickly. He followed up 2 days later to check on our satisfaction with our new Traverse - we love it. We will recommend Burritt and Andrew to our friends.

October 1, 2013

Thank you so much for your nice review!! We hope to continue to earn your satisfaction in the future and hope you will come to us should you ever need anything. We truly value your business!

buying experience

by from Crystal Lake, Ilinois |

Buying a vehicle is always a tough decision... Buying one over 700 miles away is nerve wracking! Never knowing for sure by just pictures, communicating by phone and email, helps the process but until you show up, the uncertainty and extreme uneasiness is still there. What if I drive that far for a bait and switch? Or maybe the vehicle is in terrible mechanical shape, you never know... So, my hat's off to the staff at Burritt Motors. Despite my nagging and being a worry wart, they remained calm, answered my questions, even added more photos to help ease my fears. They got my NY state temp. travel tags for me, sent the paperwork overnight to for inspection before the deal was done and despite my concerns they handled everything efficiently and professionally! John Reynolds my salesman was outstanding in dealing with a very picky customer like myself. The finance and support team did not fall short either. Thank you guys for the hard work, we love the truck!!

October 1, 2013

Thank you so much for your nice review! We are so glad that we were able to help ease your worries and send you on your way feeling like you had made a good decision. We understand that distance makes things tough and we do everything we can to meet your needs, no matter how specific. We hope to continue to earn your satisfaction and hope you will continue to come to us in the future should you need anything. We truly appreciate your business.