Warren Ford

3711 Main St, Warrensburg, NY 12885

New 888-825-0566 New 888-825-0566
Used 888-824-1628 Used 888-824-1628
Service 888-825-1737 Service 888-825-1737

You'll like the way we do business!

Wanted more money and was treated like a child

by from Glens Falls, NY |

About three weeks ago I took my 2002 Mercury Grand Marquis to Warren Ford for an alignment. It has 183,000 so I know its not pristine but I am also on a fixed income and can't afford a newer car. When I got there I gave the keys to the service tech and went across the street to look at an older White Mustang. I saw my car being driven from next to the garage to the alignment rack, about 40 feet. Fifteen minutes later I walk back inside and the tech tells me there is a whole bunch of things wrong with the car. Lower control arms, the pitman arm is loose, the idler arm bushing is worn out and the steering shaft is froze. I had to ask five times the price and it was over $1800. I asked about aftermarket parts and was told by Naomi who was the girl running the show that lower control arms would "only" be $50 cheaper for each of them. Only? $100 might not be a lot to her, but to me its grocery money for the family. I told them no and the one tech told me the front end was about to fall out of the car. I took it to a mechanic with over 20 years experience (only reason I took my car to Warren Ford is that they had the only alignment rack in town) and he said yes the control arms were bad and we did the new steering shaft, but the pitman arm was fine as was the idler arm bushing. All told it was $1000 for the work, some $850-$900 less! I wrote a letter to Warren Ford and got a call from Matt Maciariello. He told me that he talked to the tech and was assured that it need all the parts and that he hoped he didn't see my name in the paper when my car fell apart. I told him I took issue with the paperwork I was given because his tech said he test drove my car, remember it went from the side of the building to the alignment rack and then from the rack to the side of the street. It never went more than 100 feet total. Then they said that there was an alignment done, there wasn't because they wouldn't do it until the front end was done. Matt told me he was lucky I didn't get charged for the alignment! Really? It didn't matter what I said I was treated like a fool and when I mentioned what the other mechanics said Matt insulted them saying they didn't know what they were doing. Really Matt? I was then given another "Well I hope I don't see your name in the paper because you got killed driving your car without getting the work done." I explained to him my family rides in that car but he just preferred to insult me. Sorry, won't be buying so much as a bottle of touch up paint from Warren Ford.

Cautionary Tale

by from Chittenden County, VT |

I bought my first car here in 2007. I was not comfortable with the way I was treated from the moment I arrived. The head of sales (who is no longer with the company) made me feel like my questions were silly and that he would tell me anything to get me to buy the car. I did because I really didn't know about the process and they'd been recommended by family. It became clear very quickly that they had not paid as close attention to the many point inspection that allowed them to sell it to me as a certified pre-owned for more money. Left the lot with something broken that was on the checklist and another thing went within a month. When I had to take it in to a different dealer, the information for my car had never been entered into the system, including the extended service, which meant I had to pay money I didn't have out of pocket. Promises to be there if anything should happen were empty and no one would return my calls. In the end I had to bring in the Better Business Bureau to get resolution. I was treated poorly by everyone from the receptionist to the owner of the company over the course of the first four months of ownership, which is how long it took to get my refund. The car was a problem the whole time I owned it and I'm glad to be rid of it now. In 2012, upon seeing my Yelp review, the owner of the dealership emailed me, which I found confusing because he was the rudest of them all in the initial transaction. To his credit, he apologized and agreed not to contact me further. Better late than never, I guess. I'm leaving this review now because I wasn't aware of this review site when I initially wrote review for this company and I feel folks should be aware. There is no statute of limitations on a multi-tiered terrible car experience, it lives forever.