Subaru of Sioux Falls

(3.0) 4 Reviews

1011 S Minnesota Ave, Sioux Falls, SD 57105

Surprised

by from South Dakota |

I was very surprised to read the previous reviews from others in this post. I've been a loyal customer for about ten years and not once had a bad experience with my car, which I still have from the purchase back then, or from staff, some of whom are still employed. Car issues have been handled professionally and always in the best interest of the customer (they don't recommend anything I don't need), and the owner has been courteous and friendly each time I see him. I recommend this particular dealership to people looking to purchase, and feel confident that they're in good hands, otherwise I wouldn't say anything as my word would be on the line. In response to the first post where the writer mentioned the hesitation to purchase the car, then purchased it anyway and had "problems", my question is, why did you purchase it then? Sounds to me like you felt the need to back out of the deal you made and there's no one to blame but yourself. Maybe I'm wrong, but if that's the case, leaving negative feedback was unnecessary. Overall, in my opinion, this is a great place to do business!

BEWARE! Horrible place to do business!

by from Sioux Falls, SD |

BEWARE! The short version of the story: worst service, sales, and managers even possible. HORRIBLE OWNER (Mike). Brand new car they couldn't fix and wouldn't help me. AND I got called incompetent!? Alright, here's the long version of the story. I purchased a brand new 2013 Impreza from the salesman John, although I was not comfortable with the deal that they made, I went with it anyways. I was not told until I was signing the papers that the only way the got me approved was to add on an extended warranty to the deal. Very unprofessional. After having the car for around 3 weeks, it began not starting at times. I brought it into service and Chris and Travis were great! The salesman John however, acted as if he didn't know who I was when he noticed I was not happy. They supposedly figured out what was wrong and had to order parts. I was told the parts would be in the next day. Three days later I called to find out the parts were there, they just didn't call me. So I brought my car in again and they 'fixed' it. Two weeks later it was doing the same thing again! I brought it in again and they kept it for MULTIPLE days without calling me and letting me know what was going on. Then they 'fixed' it again. A few days later... it was still doing it. Finally I brought it in again and they had a 'subaru engineer' look at it. And again they 'fixed' it. A week later, it was back at it, not starting again. Frustrated I went into the dealership to talk to Mike, the OWNER, (who was helping in the sale of the car as well). Mike didn't have time for me. So I talked to Jeremy. I asked them what they were going to do about the fact my car was not starting and they could not fix it. I expressed my concerns and Jeremy claimed that they did not even once duplicate my concern, of the vehicle not starting. I argued and finally he grabbed Chris, the Service Advisor, who suddenly seemed as though he was my natural born enemy! He also agreed with Jeremy (the manager) and stated he never duplicated my concern and there was nothing wrong with my vehicle. I made them print copies of the invoices and low and behold it said on EVERY SINGLE one of them that they duplicated my concerns. I asked Jeremy if they were going to get me a new vehicle or take it back as a lemon when he argued that SD does not have a lemon law stating how many times it has to be fixed. I disagreed with him, telling him it was 4 times and that my car will be back in for service the next day for the fourth time. (I am very aware of the laws of SD.) He got angry and starting calling me incompetant and escorted me outside. The whole time, Mike refused to talk to me. I called Subaru of America, which they are taking the car back as a lemon now, and they are finally taking care of the situation.. bottom line, NO ONE at Schulte Subaru belongs in the car business. EXPECIALLY, Mike Schulte. I am also getting ahold of the dealer inspector of South Dakota, Ron Resve, as I suggest anyone that has had a problem with Schulte Subaru does as well. I may be young (18) and a women, but do NOT call me incompetent when it comes to the SD law or cars. (I work at a car dealership, I am not stupid by any means.)

Lied to by service department

by from Sioux Falls, SD |

After buying four new cars from this dealer, having all my service work done here ($70 a pop for oil changes and all) They have lost my business over a $13 tire rotation. That's right a $13 tire rotation. I brought in my own tires to have mounted, I was told there would be life time rotation and flat repair. I had my tires rotated, for free, with every oil change until the very last time. When I mentioned the free tire rotation I was told "I must have gotten luck" on the previous rotations and they would "go broke" if they just gave away free tire rotations. I won't do business with someone who lies right to my face.

Serious Repair

by from Vermillion, SD |

My car has had issues in the past, but when I brought my car here, it stayed for a week, making me rent a car because the service department was so busy they didn't have any loaners. The whole deal cost over $3,000 and a week later the check engine light came on. Not a satisfied customer.