Formula Ford

(3.7) 9 Reviews

265 River St, Montpelier, VT 05602

Terrible service, caused further damage.

by from Montpelier, VT |

I brought my vehicle to Formula Ford's Collision Center, at the advice of my insurance company, for back end repairs after an accident that had occurred the week before (I drove the vehicle for a week before they could get me in). There was damage to my passenger side bumper, quarter panel and tail light. The repairs took 3 weeks in which time no one updated me on the progress. When I did finally get a call, from the rental car company not the Collision Center, that my car was ready I then received a second call from the insurance adjuster saying he didn't like how it was done and was making them re-do it. A few days later I still hadn't heard anything so I called to check in they said the car was ready. When I arrived to get my vehicle the front passenger side tire was almost completely flat, the car had difficulty starting which was due to a low battery because the back window hatch had been left open. I also had an alert telling me to get my SRS Air bags check immediately, my air conditioning was blowing hot air (it blows hot air whether anything is on or not), the speaker in the back of the car (driver side) on the hatch door wasn't working and neither is the break light on the same side. I was told the tire was just low on air and mice had chewed wiring related to the air bags. The other problems were picked up on on my way home after the Collision Center was closed. When I called the next day to discuss the multiple issues with the manager Gerard, he was rude, condescending and unwilling to help in any way. I argued that wasn't it more likely mice had nested in there while it sat stagnate in their lot and garage getting repaired than it was getting driven by me multiple times a day, and the alert wasn't on while I was still driving it. He would only say, repeatedly, "I don't have mice in my garage". The insurance adjuster even reported that he was rude and condescending to me on the phone. I haven't had the money to get the other matters diagnosed but none of these things were an issue before my car was in their care. I drove it for more than a week after my accident and all of these things were in perfect working order.

Great car buying experience

by from Waterbury, VT |

This is a great place to not only buy a car, but to get great customer service. The entire staff was friendly, knowledgeable and most of all straight forward. My husband and I just purchased a new F250 and we had a lot of questions. The staff took the time to answer every one with out making us feel pressured. If you want a great experience, try Formula Ford.

Horrible experience

by from Vermont |

This was the worse buying experience I've ever had. They sold me a dirty unsafe vehicle which wasn't properly serviced or checked out before being sold. The car has been in the shop several times since I've owned it and they havet helped one bit. And the owner is just as bad. All they want is your money once car is sold your relationship ends. Won't ever go back or recommend this dealer to anyone.

Excellent

by from Colchester, vt |

Best owner, management staff and best support staff around...

Traveler helped

by from Saratoga Springs, NY |

I noticed a small fuel leak in my diesel truck. Took it to Freedom to be checked. Even though they were very busy they took my truck in and had me on the road very quickly. While the truck was there they noticed another problem and fixed it too. Truck running perfectly again. Was able to rent a car from them while my truck was being fixed.

90 Year Old Woman charged $46 unjustly

by from Montpelier, VT |

My mother was charged $46 to be told that the car she bought from Formula Ford 11 years ago, and that was serviced by them every oil change and maintenance interval, and that was INSPECTED by them last fall, was suddenly undrivable and worthless because of a rusted sub-frame. There were 40 K miles on the car. Upon complaining to the General Manager, she was told archly that she didn't know what she was talking about and then threatened with a libel suit when she promised tell all her friends of the shoddy treatment. She asked me to post this review online for her.

Formula Ford responded to this review

May 25, 2013

Formula Ford did everything right in this case, the owner of the 02 Ford Taurus with 40k on the clock had her son drop the vehicle off for a noise in the front while turning, Formula Ford road tested and put vehicle up on lift to inspect and found a broken sub frame do to rust, when we advised the son of his options he elected to sell the vehicle to a technician for $200 dollars stating that the family wanted to take the car at some point due to his mothers age. The customer was charged a half hour of labor for Formula Ford diagnosing the vehicles concern.

Cheaper then the local garages

by from Barre, VT |

My boyfriend and I recently moved up to the area. We purchased a used 2005 Ford Taurus wagon about a month ago before we moved up here. We had to get our vehicle inspected, and went to a local garage. They told us it needed it's right front lower ball joint replaced, so we asked how much the part would cost and they told us that we should just go get one at an auto parts store. So we went to Bonds and picked one up for $20.00 and gave that same garage a call for the quote of what it would cost to install. They estimated $180.00 for the work, we asked how soon the work could be done, they told us a date a week away, which was just too long of a wait for us (we needed it inspected soon). So we called a couple other local garages and we got the same story from all of them and about the same quotes. So we figured we would give formula ford a call (after all, were we did live, we always went to the dealerships. They got us in quickly and were always very nice). When we called them up they were VERY nice, they even offered a shuttle service (if we needed it). They got us an appointment that was only 2 days away (very nice), and when we went in they were VERY courteous, even asking us if we wanted coffee, tea or water while we waited. They got the job done quickly, and even inspected it on the same day! and all the work and the inspection came out costing under $190.00! If I ever need work done on our car again, I will definitely be going back there!

Service Rating

by from Waterbury, VT |

I have been having ongoing issues with my sync system in my Ford Edge. Formula Ford has gone above and beyond the level of service. They have helped me along the way to resolve the issues I have and always willing to do whatever it takes and go the extra mile to help me get my synch system upgraded and running properly.

Brake Repair

by from Barre Vt. |

My 2006 Mercury Milan has 37,000 miles on it and felt it was time to have the brakes inspected as I have virtually no repairs (outside of maintenance)performed on this vehicle. Service Advisor Sheila scheduled the appointment and recommended technician Rick for the repair.The brakes were inspected and Rick offered several repair options ranging from most economical to total replacement.I opted for the replacement due to the fact I am planning to keep the car. The total repair was a bit on the pricey side but because of the professionalism by the technician and the service writer it was worth it.