Portland Volvo

New 877-588-7468
Used 877-890-7078
Service 866-414-2581

Where Maine Comes to Buy a Volvo

A blue Saab for my wife.

by from Portland, OR |

A blue Saab for my wife. I had been looking for the Electric Blue with blue top Saab convertible for some time. I saw the car on Auto Trader and went to the Portland Volvo web site. Had an online chat with CoDy Sequin, very easy to work with. After the online chat I called CoDy and we talked price, told they were a true price store. The price was fair so I gave him a credit card to hold the car. The next day I received on overnight pack from Jason Shaw, business manager, with all of the needed paper work with clear instructions on all I needed to do. Sent it back with the included overnight pack. In a few days I received it back with all I needed to collect the car. They held the car for a month so my wife and I could fly back from the other Portland, Portland Oregon. We were picked up at the airport and met by Ralph D'Angleo with everything ready to go, car was spotless, full of fuel. We left the next day for our cross country road trip. It seems that Portland Volvo and CoDy are geared up toward internet sales. Everything went off like clockwork. My son also picked up a Saab CV on the east coast from another dealer. His internet experience was not good. If I were closer to Portland Volvo I would be taking our blue Saab as well as our Saab Sportcombi to them for service and repair. Try them you will like them.

First Class Service

by from Hollis, ME |

I was treated very professionally by every person I talked with, whether on the phone or at the dealership. They accomodated a last minute situation and worked me in to their busy schedule. Joel Hall was my service advisor and he was excellent at his job. Very nice experience and I got to wait in a comfortable waiting room with snacks, drinks and cable on the house. A nice touch. As I said, first class.

Enjoyable experience

by from Lancaster, Pa |

Bought a Mercedes Wagon online - perfect experience in all respects

Excellent Service

by from Rockport, ME |

We have owned 14 Volvos. For the past seventeen years, Portland Volvo as been taking care of all of our service needs. Brain Woodworth has also made certain we are properly taken care of both in terms of work on the car as well as providing us with a loaner car while ours is being serviced. The past week we dropped off our 2011 XC 70 for service. The courtesy van then took us to the airport so we could catch a plane. Upon our return, the courtesy van picked us up and our own car was waiting for us in a convenient location for us to load our luggage. All I paid for was tire rotation. This is not something new for Portland Volvo. We count on Portland Volvo for excellent service mechanics, customer relations people, sales manager and sales persons. We always recommend Portland Volvo including to those driving competing bands of cars.

Not responsive

by from Portland, ME |

Test drove a car and was interested. I left and received no follow up. I sent an email with an offer and the response was no deal, but there was no counter offer or attempt to even strike a deal. Next communication was that the car was sold. Never going back there.

Portland Volvo responded to this review

May 1, 2014

Good Morning CD, I am so sorry to hear that you had a non-satisfactory experience here at Portland Volvo. It is our goal to ensure complete satisfaction with every customer, regardless of purchase decision. As far as the follow up to "Strike a Deal" goes, we are a PurePrice store (hopefully explained to you by your Sales Consultant and thoroughly explained on our website)so the sales consultant would not have anything to "counter" with, which is why they may not have followed up with you efficiently. But that doesn't excuse the lack of efficiency in the follow up and for that I am sorry. I would love some more information on the situation so we can help our staff improve, so if you can, email me at CSeguin@PortlandVolvo.com , we welcome all feedback, as it helps us to better serve our customers.

Excellent Service

by from Freeport, ME |

I called last minute to try and get an AWD alignment for my 2004 Volvo S60 R prior to leaving on a long trip and they were great. I spoke with Joel in Service and he went out of his way to fit me in the same day. I had to call him back to see if there was anyway he could fit me in even sooner since my plans changed and he was able to move my last minute appointment up earlier. The alignment took about an hour including their test drive and I must say after leaving the dealership, my car has never driven better. I always get alignments at local shops. This is my first time at Portland Volvo for an alignment. It was a bit more expensive then what I usually pay but for the service and the way the car tracks down the road definitely worth it. Again thanks Joel - Portland Volvo Service.

Best service I've ever had! No one compares!!

by from Morgantown, WV |

I honestly am absolutely floored with how well I was treated at Portland Volvo. This was, by far, the absolute best car buying experience you could ever ask for. They took car of everything and made it so easy to come and pick up the car. I drove 11 hours to pick up my vehicle and they made me feel right at home the second I got there. I am definitely going to be purchasing my next car when I decide I need a new one. They are worth every second of that long 11 hour drive. They make you feel like they actually care about you and not about just getting you to buy a car. Most dealerships, you feel like you're a fish surrounded by sharks. But not here. Here they treat you like family, and help you in every way imaginable. So I highly highly highly recommend purchasing your next car from Portland Volvo! You will NOT be disappointed!

Great customer service!

by from South Berwick,Me. |

Dave Davenport and staff were very friendly and laid back. I had a situation where my wife couldn't come in to test drive the car. So the let me take the car home for the night. My wife loved the car! Great condition! Also because I was paying cash for the car they let me keep the car for a few days until my funds were attainable. I enjoyed buying a car from Portland Volvo and definitely will be the first place I look when buying another car.

Courteous, helpful and informative.

by from Brownfield Maine |

We bought our New Volvo just last year and haven't had any problems with it. We brought it in for its 15,000 mile service a little early and in the process were informed we would need new tires soon as they just inched past inspection. We asked for quotes and were given a reasonable range of prices and honest answers on the differences. We set up an appointment to get the tires put on. When we came down to have the tires mounted they noticed an up date in the BLIS system and called and asked us if we wanted that taken care of. My husband was so impressed with the service and information he asked for a quote on winter tires for our much loved SAAB wagon. They prepared the quote with the same professionalism that we received for our new car. We strongly recommend Portland Volvo if you have a SAAB or a Volvo, they are professional, informative and most obviously service oriented..

The best!

by from Wells, ME |

We have two Volvos and will always take them to Portland Volvo for service. The first one, the 2008 XC70, was purchased from a Subaru dealer who will remain nameless. They had no clues about Volvos, and when the check engine light came on after a few months, we took it to Portland Volvo where they discovered that mice had made a nest in the battery housing and eaten the wiring harness. An easy fix, but such a good experience that we've never gone elsewhere. Their care has kept this car immaculate, and we bring it Scarborough whenever necessary. Our second car, a 2004 S90, was purchased used from Portland Volvo, and again, the experience, even including a trade-in, was so satisfactory that we've never looked back. We had test driven a Volvo at another dealer, and while we liked it, we realized that there was something subtly wrong with that one. Going to Portland Volvo was an obvious answer, and the car they had was basically the same model, but in much better shape. The purchasing process was so easy, down to a minor paint repair that was hardly even needed, that we'd absolutely recommend it to anyone. We live 45 miles from Portland Volvo, but as non-skilled car consumers, we consider it well worth the drive to get the car to a service department that we know to be reliable. The loaners that are always available make it even an better deal, but the waiting area and the facilities for customers are excellent as well.

Portland Volvo responded to this review

October 18, 2013

Thanks so much for your super kind words !! We really appreciate it, we take pride in our work and it's awesome to get that recognition. I will pass these kind words on to our team so they can feel the love too. Thanks again and we look forward to servicing you again !!

by from Gardiner, Maine |

Our family had been shopping for a new vehicle for sometime. We were overwhelmed with tremendous professionalism at a number of Maine dealerships. However, we found Portland Volvo's staff willing to go that extra mile for us. Understanding we have busy professional lives and two young children, Ralph D'Angelo drove the vehicle 50 miles to our home on a weekend. We test drove the vehicle and asked him myriad questions. Portland Volvo and Ralph offered to deliver the vehicle for future maintenance leaving us with a company loaner and additional time for family instead of traveling 100 miles round trip in addition to the service wait time. After deciding on the vehicle, Jason Shaw (Finance Manger) was organized, prompt, and had us out the door in no time. As I was receiving the orientation on our new vehicle, Joel Hall (Service Writer) introduced himself and provided us with contact information should we have any future questions about the vehicle. Ralph, and the rest of the team were fantastic. I will highly recommend them to family, colleagues, and friends.