Portland Volvo

New 877-588-7468
Used 877-890-7078
Service 866-414-2581

Where Maine Comes to Buy a Volvo

A blue Saab for my wife.

by from Portland, OR |

A blue Saab for my wife. I had been looking for the Electric Blue with blue top Saab convertible for some time. I saw the car on Auto Trader and went to the Portland Volvo web site. Had an online chat with CoDy Sequin, very easy to work with. After the online chat I called CoDy and we talked price, told they were a true price store. The price was fair so I gave him a credit card to hold the car. The next day I received on overnight pack from Jason Shaw, business manager, with all of the needed paper work with clear instructions on all I needed to do. Sent it back with the included overnight pack. In a few days I received it back with all I needed to collect the car. They held the car for a month so my wife and I could fly back from the other Portland, Portland Oregon. We were picked up at the airport and met by Ralph D'Angleo with everything ready to go, car was spotless, full of fuel. We left the next day for our cross country road trip. It seems that Portland Volvo and CoDy are geared up toward internet sales. Everything went off like clockwork. My son also picked up a Saab CV on the east coast from another dealer. His internet experience was not good. If I were closer to Portland Volvo I would be taking our blue Saab as well as our Saab Sportcombi to them for service and repair. Try them you will like them.

Excellence all the way!

by from Portland, Maine |

I have been a Portland Volvo customer for a full decade and have always had very positive experiences with the sales, finance, and especially the service departments. They are courteous and respectful at every point. They go beyond the basics to anticipate, ensure, and accommodate what the customer needs and wants. My car is the XC70 and initially I purchased used back in 2004. I had a brand new one built for me in April 2014 and just had my 10,000 mile service done. Excellence all the way!

My Volvo

by from South Portland, ME |

I had a very pleasant experience at Portland Volvo recently. My salesperson Yelena Smirnova was outstanding. She provided excellent customer service. In fact all staff at Portland Volvo I have encounter that date was very welcoming, knowledgeable and going extra mile to satisfy needs of every person who walked in. I also want to mention General Manager Curt and Finance Manager Jason. Both went above and beyond to help me get a car I really wanted. Overall, this was no hassle, no stress, and no pressure experience. I would strongly recommended Portland Volvo to anyone who is looking to buy /lease new or used cars and surely will be back to Portland Volvo in near future.

Excellent, Knowledgable, and Ethical Auto Sales

by from Portland, ME |

I want to say that i had a terrific experience buying my used 2008 Volvo XC70 at Portland Volvo last week. Frank Davenport, my salesman, was terrific. He was knowledgable, courteous, and ethical. There was no high pressure sales job, just a good salesman trying to get me into a car that fit my needs - which is just what happened. This is the kind of service that generates personal and organizational loyalty! If anyone I know goes looking for a Volvo, I will be sending them to Portland Volvo.

Stellar Customer Service

by from Rome, ME |

I purchased a pre-owned. 2013 Volvo S60 and I am thrilled with the vehicle and the entire buying experience. I highly recommend this dealer and the fantastic people who work there. It was refreshing to witness a sales group working together as a team and supporting each other.

Service for my 2002 Volvo V-40 wagon

by from North Yarmouth, ME |

As always the service department comes through with reliable, accurate and quick service to my Volvo. In the nine years we've had our car serviced here, they've never tried to push repairs on us that weren't necessary. I'm most impressed with the fact that all these years they've never tried to sell me a new car! Sales department, if your reading this, we'll buy another Volvo eventually!

First Class Service

by from Hollis, ME |

I was treated very professionally by every person I talked with, whether on the phone or at the dealership. They accomodated a last minute situation and worked me in to their busy schedule. Joel Hall was my service advisor and he was excellent at his job. Very nice experience and I got to wait in a comfortable waiting room with snacks, drinks and cable on the house. A nice touch. As I said, first class.

Enjoyable experience

by from Lancaster, Pa |

Bought a Mercedes Wagon online - perfect experience in all respects

Excellent Service

by from Rockport, ME |

We have owned 14 Volvos. For the past seventeen years, Portland Volvo as been taking care of all of our service needs. Brain Woodworth has also made certain we are properly taken care of both in terms of work on the car as well as providing us with a loaner car while ours is being serviced. The past week we dropped off our 2011 XC 70 for service. The courtesy van then took us to the airport so we could catch a plane. Upon our return, the courtesy van picked us up and our own car was waiting for us in a convenient location for us to load our luggage. All I paid for was tire rotation. This is not something new for Portland Volvo. We count on Portland Volvo for excellent service mechanics, customer relations people, sales manager and sales persons. We always recommend Portland Volvo including to those driving competing bands of cars.

Not responsive

by from Portland, ME |

Test drove a car and was interested. I left and received no follow up. I sent an email with an offer and the response was no deal, but there was no counter offer or attempt to even strike a deal. Next communication was that the car was sold. Never going back there.

Portland Volvo responded to this review

May 1, 2014

Good Morning CD, I am so sorry to hear that you had a non-satisfactory experience here at Portland Volvo. It is our goal to ensure complete satisfaction with every customer, regardless of purchase decision. As far as the follow up to "Strike a Deal" goes, we are a PurePrice store (hopefully explained to you by your Sales Consultant and thoroughly explained on our website)so the sales consultant would not have anything to "counter" with, which is why they may not have followed up with you efficiently. But that doesn't excuse the lack of efficiency in the follow up and for that I am sorry. I would love some more information on the situation so we can help our staff improve, so if you can, email me at CSeguin@PortlandVolvo.com , we welcome all feedback, as it helps us to better serve our customers.

Excellent Service

by from Freeport, ME |

I called last minute to try and get an AWD alignment for my 2004 Volvo S60 R prior to leaving on a long trip and they were great. I spoke with Joel in Service and he went out of his way to fit me in the same day. I had to call him back to see if there was anyway he could fit me in even sooner since my plans changed and he was able to move my last minute appointment up earlier. The alignment took about an hour including their test drive and I must say after leaving the dealership, my car has never driven better. I always get alignments at local shops. This is my first time at Portland Volvo for an alignment. It was a bit more expensive then what I usually pay but for the service and the way the car tracks down the road definitely worth it. Again thanks Joel - Portland Volvo Service.