Portland Volvo

Used 877-890-7078
Service 866-414-2581

Where Maine Comes to Buy a Volvo

by from Gardiner, Maine |

Our family had been shopping for a new vehicle for sometime. We were overwhelmed with tremendous professionalism at a number of Maine dealerships. However, we found Portland Volvo's staff willing to go that extra mile for us. Understanding we have busy professional lives and two young children, Ralph D'Angelo drove the vehicle 50 miles to our home on a weekend. We test drove the vehicle and asked him myriad questions. Portland Volvo and Ralph offered to deliver the vehicle for future maintenance leaving us with a company loaner and additional time for family instead of traveling 100 miles round trip in addition to the service wait time. After deciding on the vehicle, Jason Shaw (Finance Manger) was organized, prompt, and had us out the door in no time. As I was receiving the orientation on our new vehicle, Joel Hall (Service Writer) introduced himself and provided us with contact information should we have any future questions about the vehicle. Ralph, and the rest of the team were fantastic. I will highly recommend them to family, colleagues, and friends.

best car buying experience, hands down

by from Portland ME |

Joe and the rest of the staff made finding a new car very easy. I've been a customer since 2002 and can't think of a better place to buy and service cars.

Portland Volvo responded to this review

February 6, 2013

Glad to hear you have had such favorable experiences with our business. We'll look forward to seeing you when you service your XC70 here!

XC60 Volvo

by from Rumford, Me |

Very Nice group of people at Portland Volvo will never hesitate to call or go back!!

Volkwagen passat

by from Limington , maine |

Very help and pleasant to deal with and no pressure

Great Experience at Portland Volvo

by from Portland, Maine |

The search for a pre-owned car can be a time-consuing, frustrating, and risky business. I never thought I'd say it, but I could not be more happy with my experience at Portland Volvo and the XC70 I am now driving. From the first interaction to the last, the sales associate I worked with, Joe Costa, could not have been more informative and helpful. I had already turned down a few offerings, but Joe let me know right away when he found the car that fit my needs. The car I purchased was in pristine condition, with much credit to the service folks at Volvo (and of course the prior owner). I was relieved that this dealer has a 'set-price' policy--so I could forego the endless haggling of most dealerships--and I thought the price was quite fair. The paperwork process with Jason Shaw was a breeze, and then Joe took as much time as needed to orient me to the car and its high-tech gizmos. One more thing: the old car I drove in with needed a headlight bulb changed, and when I mentioned this to Joe he offered to do it himself (at no charge) right then and there. Kudos to Portland Volvo.

Excellence in Service Department Generated New Car

by from Maine |

Because the service department has been excellent, we decided to look at Volvo's. Because I was the person purchasing the car Joe spoke to me directly not my husband. He provided us with two options within our price range. Gave us a long test drive. And worked with us from 11 am to 4:30 pm answering questions, making suggestions and accepting our decisions without pressure. "No deal of the Century" claims, just excellent customer service and salesmanship. Today we picked our vehicle Joe was there to answer questions and walk me through the bells and whistles while Jason and my husband sorted the paper work. I came in and finished the signing and financials of the transactions. Excellent team work! I look forward to seeing them both everytime I bring my new S60 in for service.

A pleasure!!!!

by from Alton Bay NH |

How I got my new (but gently used) Saab convertible....I had just made a telephone request in the beginning of the summer to Joe Costa about availability of a convertible-he didn't have one then. Two months later Joe called me- he had our dream car. Because he called so promptly my husband and I also acted quickly and we were able to buy it within the first day. Joe is a pleasure to deal with-so professional and non "pushy". When we walked into the dealership (after coming from a state away (NH)we were so impressed- the most polished cars displayed so well. So we thank Joe for his quick action, and are so happy with our Saab. We are sold on Saabs and will always go to Joe in the future. Thank you Joe!!!

Wonderful Experience

by from Poland Spring, ME |

I recently purchased a 2008 Volvo XC 90 from Portland Volvo and I just love it. Joe Costa and the finance staff were top notch. I will recommend this dealership to all my friends. Thanks for assisting me in crossing off purchasing a Volvo from my bucket list.

Portland Volvo responded to this review

August 26, 2011

Hello Terry. We're all glad we were able to assist you in crossing owning a Volvo off of your Bucket List. We appreciate any and all recommendations you can make, and look forward to seeing you when you arrive for your next service. Thanks again Terry, and best of luck with your XC90!

Excellent service at Portland Volvo

by from Windham, ME |

My wife and I were in on Friday to look at a new XC70. I wanted to share with you that we were very pleased by the customer service and attention Joe Costa showed us. He was very nice, patient, courteous, explained the features of the car and the dealership well, and seemed genuinely interested in our needs. While we are considering several different vehicles, Joe's professionalism made it much easier for us to want to do business with Portland Volvo.

Great purchase experience

by from Dover, NH |

We recently worked with Joe Costa at Portland Volvo to purchase a new Volvo. Joe was very professional and helpful. He was honest and gave us the information we were seeking without the pressure to buy. Highly recommend working with Joe!