Portland Volvo

New 877-588-7468
Used 877-890-7078
Service 866-414-2581

Where Maine Comes to Buy a Volvo

Best service I've ever had! No one compares!!

by from Morgantown, WV |

I honestly am absolutely floored with how well I was treated at Portland Volvo. This was, by far, the absolute best car buying experience you could ever ask for. They took car of everything and made it so easy to come and pick up the car. I drove 11 hours to pick up my vehicle and they made me feel right at home the second I got there. I am definitely going to be purchasing my next car when I decide I need a new one. They are worth every second of that long 11 hour drive. They make you feel like they actually care about you and not about just getting you to buy a car. Most dealerships, you feel like you're a fish surrounded by sharks. But not here. Here they treat you like family, and help you in every way imaginable. So I highly highly highly recommend purchasing your next car from Portland Volvo! You will NOT be disappointed!

Great customer service!

by from South Berwick,Me. |

Dave Davenport and staff were very friendly and laid back. I had a situation where my wife couldn't come in to test drive the car. So the let me take the car home for the night. My wife loved the car! Great condition! Also because I was paying cash for the car they let me keep the car for a few days until my funds were attainable. I enjoyed buying a car from Portland Volvo and definitely will be the first place I look when buying another car.

Courteous, helpful and informative.

by from Brownfield Maine |

We bought our New Volvo just last year and haven't had any problems with it. We brought it in for its 15,000 mile service a little early and in the process were informed we would need new tires soon as they just inched past inspection. We asked for quotes and were given a reasonable range of prices and honest answers on the differences. We set up an appointment to get the tires put on. When we came down to have the tires mounted they noticed an up date in the BLIS system and called and asked us if we wanted that taken care of. My husband was so impressed with the service and information he asked for a quote on winter tires for our much loved SAAB wagon. They prepared the quote with the same professionalism that we received for our new car. We strongly recommend Portland Volvo if you have a SAAB or a Volvo, they are professional, informative and most obviously service oriented..

The best!

by from Wells, ME |

We have two Volvos and will always take them to Portland Volvo for service. The first one, the 2008 XC70, was purchased from a Subaru dealer who will remain nameless. They had no clues about Volvos, and when the check engine light came on after a few months, we took it to Portland Volvo where they discovered that mice had made a nest in the battery housing and eaten the wiring harness. An easy fix, but such a good experience that we've never gone elsewhere. Their care has kept this car immaculate, and we bring it Scarborough whenever necessary. Our second car, a 2004 S90, was purchased used from Portland Volvo, and again, the experience, even including a trade-in, was so satisfactory that we've never looked back. We had test driven a Volvo at another dealer, and while we liked it, we realized that there was something subtly wrong with that one. Going to Portland Volvo was an obvious answer, and the car they had was basically the same model, but in much better shape. The purchasing process was so easy, down to a minor paint repair that was hardly even needed, that we'd absolutely recommend it to anyone. We live 45 miles from Portland Volvo, but as non-skilled car consumers, we consider it well worth the drive to get the car to a service department that we know to be reliable. The loaners that are always available make it even an better deal, but the waiting area and the facilities for customers are excellent as well.

Portland Volvo responded to this review

October 18, 2013

Thanks so much for your super kind words !! We really appreciate it, we take pride in our work and it's awesome to get that recognition. I will pass these kind words on to our team so they can feel the love too. Thanks again and we look forward to servicing you again !!

by from Gardiner, Maine |

Our family had been shopping for a new vehicle for sometime. We were overwhelmed with tremendous professionalism at a number of Maine dealerships. However, we found Portland Volvo's staff willing to go that extra mile for us. Understanding we have busy professional lives and two young children, Ralph D'Angelo drove the vehicle 50 miles to our home on a weekend. We test drove the vehicle and asked him myriad questions. Portland Volvo and Ralph offered to deliver the vehicle for future maintenance leaving us with a company loaner and additional time for family instead of traveling 100 miles round trip in addition to the service wait time. After deciding on the vehicle, Jason Shaw (Finance Manger) was organized, prompt, and had us out the door in no time. As I was receiving the orientation on our new vehicle, Joel Hall (Service Writer) introduced himself and provided us with contact information should we have any future questions about the vehicle. Ralph, and the rest of the team were fantastic. I will highly recommend them to family, colleagues, and friends.

best car buying experience, hands down

by from Portland ME |

Joe and the rest of the staff made finding a new car very easy. I've been a customer since 2002 and can't think of a better place to buy and service cars.

Portland Volvo responded to this review

February 6, 2013

Glad to hear you have had such favorable experiences with our business. We'll look forward to seeing you when you service your XC70 here!

XC60 Volvo

by from Rumford, Me |

Very Nice group of people at Portland Volvo will never hesitate to call or go back!!

Volkwagen passat

by from Limington , maine |

Very help and pleasant to deal with and no pressure

Great Experience at Portland Volvo

by from Portland, Maine |

The search for a pre-owned car can be a time-consuing, frustrating, and risky business. I never thought I'd say it, but I could not be more happy with my experience at Portland Volvo and the XC70 I am now driving. From the first interaction to the last, the sales associate I worked with, Joe Costa, could not have been more informative and helpful. I had already turned down a few offerings, but Joe let me know right away when he found the car that fit my needs. The car I purchased was in pristine condition, with much credit to the service folks at Volvo (and of course the prior owner). I was relieved that this dealer has a 'set-price' policy--so I could forego the endless haggling of most dealerships--and I thought the price was quite fair. The paperwork process with Jason Shaw was a breeze, and then Joe took as much time as needed to orient me to the car and its high-tech gizmos. One more thing: the old car I drove in with needed a headlight bulb changed, and when I mentioned this to Joe he offered to do it himself (at no charge) right then and there. Kudos to Portland Volvo.

Excellence in Service Department Generated New Car

by from Maine |

Because the service department has been excellent, we decided to look at Volvo's. Because I was the person purchasing the car Joe spoke to me directly not my husband. He provided us with two options within our price range. Gave us a long test drive. And worked with us from 11 am to 4:30 pm answering questions, making suggestions and accepting our decisions without pressure. "No deal of the Century" claims, just excellent customer service and salesmanship. Today we picked our vehicle Joe was there to answer questions and walk me through the bells and whistles while Jason and my husband sorted the paper work. I came in and finished the signing and financials of the transactions. Excellent team work! I look forward to seeing them both everytime I bring my new S60 in for service.