Yankee Ford

165 Waterman Dr, South Portland, ME 04106

New 888-260-4853
Used 888-243-3013
Service 866-884-9650

The only deal we can't beat is the deal we can't see.

Great folks, no pressure

by from Portland, ME |

Set me up in a great dependable car and arranged all the financing with no problems and no pressure. They have also been doing a great job keeping my mother's car safe and running well.

Anyone but Yankee Ford!!!

by from Naples, ME |

In all fairness, this incident happened in 1988. However, it was so unprofessional and appalling that I feel that the truth must be told, even now. My girlfriend (now my wife) went to Yankee Ford and traded in her Escort on a used Tempo. The Tempo had some paint chips on the rear quarter panels and she was assured that these would be re-sprayed before she took the vehicle home. When she returned a few days later, the work had not been done. She was asked by the salesman to wait, and he would "take care of it". After 45 minuets, she walked into the shop and saw the salesman applying touch up paint with a brush. Basically, she had been lied to. Somewhat disgusted, she brought the car home anyway. About 3 weeks later, I decided to check the oil. When I pulled the dipstick, IT WAS TOTALLY DRY! I added a quart of oil, and IT WAS STILL DRY! I added a second quart and finally it showed at the end of the dipstick. I had to add a third quart before the oil level was correct. It was a miracle that the engine hadn't seized as it only had a 4 quart capacity. Yankee Ford had sold a car that was 3 QUARTS LOW ON OIL! The car wasn't burning oil and had no oil leaks. They just didn't bother to check oil before they sold the car to a single female customer. Luckily, the Tempo was a rugged car and ran fine until it was traded in 2 years later for an Escort GT. You can bet your bottom dollar that it was traded at a different Southern Maine Ford dealer. We never went back to, and never will go to Yankee Ford again. I don't know if they still conduct business this way but I don't intend to find out. There are plenty of other Ford dealers that you should visit first...

worst car dealership in which I entered so far

by from Manchester, NH |

I found a car on cars.com and called them twice to confirm that they have this car and they told me to come, I drove from New Hampshire to the Portland and when I arrived they tried to sell me something else, as an excuse to this car is in second place and it was sold. I could not believe what they did, but it happened

UNHAPPY CUSTOMER

by from SOUTH PORTLAND, MAINE |

DIDN'T HAVE A GOOD EXPERIENCE WITH THIS DEALERSHIP. I FELT THAT THE SALESMAN WAS NOT DOING A PROPER JOB AND THE FINANCE GENTLEMAN ALSO DIDN'T FOLLOW THROUGH WITH HIS JOB AND WAS NOT BEING TRUTHFUL WITH ME. I FELT AS THOUGH I GOT THE RUN-AROUND ALOT AND WAS GREATLY INCONVENIENCED. I AM SADLY DISAPPOINTED IN THE PROCESS OF THIS SALE, NOT TO MENTION THE PRICE I PAID FOR THIS NEW VEHICLE WAS MORE THAN IT SHOULD OF BEEN.

Ford Focus

by from Denmark, Maine |

We have had Ford vehicles for years but I always dread the purchase process...too much negotiating, too many shifting numbers, and in general an unpleasant high pressure experience. Dale Schaper at Yankee Ford in Portland, Maine responded to my email with an internet price request on a specific Focus Hatchback. It was a new Focus on their lot and we had looked at it on a Sunday when dealerships are closed (no hassle with helpful salespeople). Through Kelley Blue Book I knew the "fair price" range on that vehicle. Also negotiated with another location as comparison in the same way. We have been looking for awhile so we had done a test drive on both the Fiesta and Focus so we had determined exactly what we wanted. Dale got back to me immediately with their price and it was a lot less than all my research had suggested. The email contained all details: final price, dealer prep, sales tax, vehicle sticker invoice and vin number. My response to Dale was: " Done.... :) " Picked up the car about 3 days later. All paperwork was ready, Jimmy (sales) introduced us to new standard features like: track control, blue tooth, and managing the onboard computer set up. Not only was using the internet to purchase the best process ever but Ford makes an extremely high quality product with the latest in design detail and technology. Way to go Ford and Dale Schaper.......love the new Focus Hatchback !! Now just get that T6 Ranger into the US market soon.

Outstand buying experience

by from Augusta, ME |

We were shopping for a used BMW X series. I had just had a bad experience at another dealer in Scarborough when I stopped at Yankee Luxury Auto. Tony Esposito greeted us warmly and showed us the car we had seen on the internet. We took it for a drive and decided it was the one for us. After our experience with the previous dealer we were prepared to pay a little more than we had planned for the trade. When Tony told us what he could do I was shocked. His deal was so much better I could hardly believe it. Of course we drove home in a new (to us) BMW. We left feeling more like friends than customers. I highly recommend this a the place to buy a high end used vehicle, they are tops all the way.

Friendly salesmen

by from Westbrook, Me. |

My wife and I shopped for vehicles from Quincy, Ma to Augusta, Me. We checked on line for the kinds of vehicles we were interested in and tried out several of them. On our visit to Yankee Ford, we were greeted by a young man who answered our questions, and provided us with assistance including a test drive. During our discussion of a purchase, the manager came over and talked with us about our trade-in and a possible "deal". He offered us a very good value for our trade-in, and we completed our purchase. The gentleman who handled the paperwork was thorough and pleasant. We were both very happy with the process, the deal, and the vehicle we purchased.

BMW Z4 Purchase

by from Mechanic Falls, ME |

Looked for BMW Z4 and located one locally. Went in to look at it and take a test drive. Purchased the vehicle. When I went in to pay for it, I brought my sister whom had just mentioned she liked the looks of the Audi's. They had just brought one in, but needed detailing. When I brought her with me to pick up my vehicle, they had the Audi all detailed in the showroom right next to mine. She test drove and took it home. I also have someone else looking for a luxury auto, and will hook them up as well. I am taking mine in for an oil leak that I noticed on the garage floor, but hope something minor, but they are taking it in right away and I am certain they will take care of whatever it is. Hopefully just a minor seal as the car was sitting in the showroom.