Prime Motor Cars

137 Us Route 1, Scarborough, ME 04074

New 888-415-5843
Used 877-899-0822
Service 888-660-5994

Prime is on your side... yes it is!

Best selection and team around!

by from Portland, ME |

My mum and I looked all over the state of Maine and neighboring states for the perfect GLK350 or ML500 Mercedes-Benz. Of course we decided to purchase our new ML500 from Prime Motor Cars in Scarborough, ME! (137 US Rt 1) Everyone was extra friendly, and very helpful. My mum does not speak English well, so I was worried about the dealers being 'pushy' as we all know, dealers are known to be. This was not an issue at Prime. They took care of us as if we were their own. A very kind man named Mr. Richard Mariano was the person we bought our car from. He treated us like friends, not like a business deal. It was greatly appreciated. He really went out of his way for us and put up with us for quite a few days. We are now loyal customers of Prime and I highly recommend them. They not only have the best selection of cars, but they have a great team working there. Thank you Mr. Mariano for taking good care of my mum. See you guys again for our next car!

Personalized buying experience

by from Hyannis, MA |

After thorough research, I settled on a specific model of the Mercedes Benz 350ML. I visited the Prime dealership in Hyannis and through the diligent and artful acquisition process of my sales coordinator, Len Giatas, I was able to purchase a car that exceeded my expectations! Len came up with options and ideas that I had not previously considered and patiently provided feedback in the decision-making process. Len and Chad made the purchase/finance process stressless and a last minute transaction with Frank with another vehicle was seamless. The entire process was punctuated with professionalism, thoughtfulness, and insightfulness. I enthusiastically recommend Len and the entire team at Prime Mercedes in Hyannis!

Prime saved the day!

by from Boston Area |

I looked everywhere for a GL350 and after a long search and some inappropriate sales behavior at the other local dealers around Boston, found myself at Prime. The sales staff and management at Prime were professional, honest, and dedicated to helping me find exactly what I wanted. They appropriately set expectations for timing of delivery of my new vehicle and were available any time of the day or evening to answer questions. Once the car arrived (ahead of schedule) they bent over backwards to meet my time constraints (many) and were flexible and understanding when I had to change our planned meetings. I would not go anywhere else for my auto purchases... from now on, I'm a prime loyal customer!

Great group

by from Portland, ME |

I recently purchased a used 2011 Nissan Xterra Pro-4x with 21,000 miles from Prime Mercedes in Scarborough, ME. Just before posting my review, I figured I would check through the reviews that were already here, and was very happy to see so many people raving about Art Starr. Like most of the reviewers here, Art also helped me with my purchase, and I have only great things to say about him and Jesse Fritas, the sales manager on that night. They had little selling to do on the car as I knew exactly what I wanted, but the personalities are what made the sale. I had previously visted to two other dealerships before ending up at Prime, and I had unpleasant experiences. The typical sales tricks and techniques were in full force at the two other dealerships, but was surprised as soon as discussions began at Prime. They were upfront and honest, with a very fairly priced car. There were no tricks, no pressure, plenty of jokes, and just two groups trying to get a deal done. The atmosphere was great, and all the employees I dealt with seemed like genuinely good people. In a world where the consumer can do a significant amount of research on their own, I think the group at Prime Mercedes has made a conscious decision to buck the poor stereotype of car salesmen, and sell cars in a completely honest and personable way. I commend their efforts, and would gladly recommend the dealership and staff to any of my friends or family. Not only are the cars priced right, but the relaxed atmosphere and great personalities make the purchase an enjoyable experience (as it should be) instead of feeling as if the dealership 'got on over on you'. Thank you for a great experience, and a great car.

A unique car buying experience

by from Scarborough,ME |

Recently I had a unique car buying experience. Over the years, I have negotiated/bought dozens of vehicles for friends, family and companies. I look forward to the challenge and ?the art of the deal?. Difficult , grinding negotiations can be the usual process most car dealers employee. I embrace these situations and revel in my victories. While driving by the Prime Motor Cars Mercedes -Benz dealership in Scarborough ,Maine, a very nice used Lexus LS 460 caught my eye. I pulled into the dealership to just to look at the car, mileage, price and be on my way. If I liked the car, I would begin a thorough evaluation and prepare to return to the dealership. Before leaving the lot, I was approached by Art Starr. My first impression was this is an experienced salesman serving more as a consultant and advisor than someone just pushing and selling steel. After doing my homework and speaking with my wife, I decided to revisit the dealership. We had a brief chat with Art so he would understand my interest and no nonsense approach to these types of transactions. We took the Lexus for a drive, we loved it , and returned to the dealership to see if we could do business, my way. Upon our return , Art had prepared a best and final offer for the Lexus. It was very competitive . There was no pressure, haggling, or deception. Based on a lifetime of difficult negotiations, I was almost disappointed to conduct a friendly, professional, efficient purchase. The vehicle, and the experience with Art Starr can be summarized in one word? OUTSTANDING !

certified pre-owned purchase

by from Saco, ME |

We recently purchased a 2012 certified pre-owned C300 from this dealership and Art Starr. I have purchased many cars from various dealerships, and was extremely happy with the knowledge and no-pressure demeanor that Art demonstrated. After he explained and showed us all of the features of the car, he left us alone to make our decision. After deciding to purchase the car, the speed and efficiency of the remainder of the process was wonderful. The manager Bruce took the time to explain every step of the process. All in all, it was a wonderful experience, and I highly recommend Art and this dealership.

My best car leasing experience ever.

by from Falmouth, Maine |

I cannot possible write enough good things about Prime Motor Cars of Scarborough. I have leased/bought several cars before but this was as smoothest. This is my first MB and I cannot believe how well built and precise a car can be. I simply love the engineering on this one. I will be buying one more pretty soon from Prime Motor Cars. I had an excellent experience working with Art Starr. He is extremely friendly, and very knowledgeable about the brand and its products. He walked me through every step of the process and was never hesitant to answer any of my questions. Lets put it this way - If you are shopping for a new MB in the area or outside, try Prime Motor Cars, you won't regret.

The New Normal?????

by from Lake Worth, FL |

We were in the market for a nice luxury vehicle to use for recreation and our special "date nights". After eliminating other makes and models, we decided on purchasing a CPO CLS 550. We had our list of must haves and color and were not willing to budge or compromise. After searching locally, I took to the internet and saw "our" car; The only problem, its over 1500 miles away. Now I'm very comfortable shopping over the internet for electronics or other small items, but a car, this is something different. I had to be able to "kick the tires" to be sure of my purchase. Yes we test drove other 550's but not all 550's are made the same. I called up the dealership and spoke to Art. Art gave me some information about the vehicle and asked when I wanted to set up an appointment to test drive the car. I explained my circumstance and that's when Art began to convince me about the integrity the dealership and the condition of the car. I asked plenty of questions and requested copies all documents pertaining to the repairs and inspections performed on the vehicle to obtain the CPO certification. Art even provided a short film on the vehicle, in which he choreographed, directed and narrated. We joked that it would be submitted for an Oscar this year. Bottom line is that I felt comfortable dealing with Art; and that he assured me that he had my best interest at hand. With that feeling of comfort, we sealed the deal and the car is now in my garage; exactly how it was illustrated on the website and how Art described it. Art has contacted me several times since the sale to make sure that the vehicle was delivered and to find out if I was satisfied with my purchase. So far no problems, and Art wanted me to know that if I do have some problems, I can always give him a call for assistance. Is this type of transaction for everyone? Probably not. But it makes it a lot easier when you have someone that is honest and trustworthy to deal with. So if you are thinking about buying a car, make sure you ask for Art.

The personal touch in car buying!

by from Rollinsford, NH |

We recently purchased a C300 from Prime Motors. Our salesman, Art Starr, did a wonderful job taking care of us. We found a car we liked on the internet and being an hour away we did a lot of work over the phone and email. Everything was done quickly and professionally and due to our schedule he stayed late the night we purchased the car. I love my new car and feel confident that dealership will take good care of my needs in the future.

Outstanding service at Prime Motor Cars

by from Waterville, Maine |

I recently purchased a Mercedes at Prime with the help of Art Starr, who worked with me before, during, and after the purchasing process. The used car came out beautifully like new and the whole process exceeded my expectations, including a very reasonable price and time spent at the dealer. A different experience from the normal car buying process. Thank you, Art. Steve C.

Excellent to deal with in all aspects

by from Biddeford, ME |

Karen has put a countless amount of effort into her job. Throughout the buying process she did whatever it took to provide me with price comparisons, contacting through e-mail, text, phone calls, and even coming in when it was her day off! The Vemma 207 crew will be coming in for many many new Mercedes Benz! Looking forward to working with you again in the future.