Sugar Loaf Ford

1222 West Service Dr., Winona, MN 55987

New 888-229-7961
Used 888-380-8845
Service 888-247-9146

"On the Sunny Side of Hwy 61!"

Very poor salesman, sketchy handling of vehicle

by from Winona, MN |

The saleman could not keep eye contact the entire time. Salesmen wasn't able to provide any details about the car was trying to sell. When asked about history he kept looking around the room and sounds unsure about the story he was telling. The car i was looking at had many issues that the salesman "claimed" would be fixed, but wasn't able to put that in writing. Also even though they had the car on the lot for an extended period(over a month), there were still plates on the car as if being used as a daily driver and the "Mechanic's" didn't know what the CEL was on for. I was able to determine partial issue with engine based on test drive, and I have no mechanical background. When "negotiating" price they threw the "fixes" that the car needed into the price as if it was something special and not just part of selling the car at a good quality dealership. A flat tire while sitting in your lot shouldn't be a bargaining chip to keep your profit higher. This should be fixed no question. They were trying to push me to take delivery of vehicle and drive off the lot before any of these repairs were performed. Overall, dealership is terrible. Dishonest, and would avoid at all cost.

Steven

by from Lacrosse, Wi. |

I stopped in to look at used trucks, They were very easy to deal with. Steven

:( forgot to tell me a lot of important things

by from winona mn |

They are not honest! They will let you leave the lot with a car that doesnt have a working heater (and it's -13 degrees out right now), transmition going out, head gasket going out, and they will over charge you for the vehicle too.

Very disappointing

by from Apple valley Mn |

They would not give me my plates until I called them to ask for them. After I called I learned that they had my plates but specifically waited to give them to me until I called. They withheld the plates from me like I was a child and said they were not going to send them until I called. They treated me like a child I am a 25 years old girl who paid for my car with cash. They would never of held my plates if I was a older male. It felt like blackmail they weren't going to give me what I PAID for until I called to ask for them 2 months after buying my car ( well past the 21 days our contract say) they would send them by. So upsetting.