Russ Darrow Appleton Kia

4400 W College Ave, Appleton, WI 54913

Eye Opening Experience Follow-up

by from Wisconsin |

So yesterday they started to install the Bluetooth, did the rust proofing we paid for and we thought they were going to also have the front and rear floor mats that were missing wen we purchased the vehicle. Well we went to pick the traverse up today. What a joke that was. To be told that the vehicle had Bluetooth, when it didn't, and then to find out what they were putting on our vehicle to make up for their error, what an insult to say the least. There was no way we were going to have that cheap piece of equipment in our vehicle. So we told them to remove it. Rust proofing was done but no floor mats as listed in the "feature " section of the vehicle. Did not know that items listed in this section are only required to be in a "new" vehicle not a "used" one, as we were told by one of the managers.There is also some "very fine" print, so they said, that lets the dealer off the hook in cases like this. So no Bluetooth and no floor mats. I guess "buyer beware" is good advice for this dealership. I finally resigned myself to the opinion that these people are not worth the stress.

Eye opening experience

by from Wisconsin |

We went to this dealership to purchase a Traverse 1LT. We were assisted by a young salesperson. Our main reason to purchase a Traverse was for better ride, more room, easier access to the passenger side of the vehicle since my husband has some limitations and also Bluetooth was a requirement. So when the salesperson said Bluetooth was included we were part way there. We test drove the vehicle and were very happy with the ride and the room it gave my husband. After discussing other options like towing package, which was included but salesperson said it was not, and complimentary OnStar for 3 months, heated seats and so on we decided to for purchase price. The price they gave us less our trade in was good. So we proceeded to purchase. Extended warranty and package for undercoating and paint and interior protection. When all was completed we asked our salesperson to activate the Bluetooth for us. To our surprise he could not and said if we went to GMC dealer they would be able to do it. After looking on the internet I discovered that this model,1LT, does not come with Bluetooth. My option would have been to cancel the sale but since the contract was signed we had to accept their offer of a service install Bluetooth. Hoping that the Bluetooth install will work.

Completely Shocked!

by from Appleton, WI |

I went into Russ Darrow today with an open mind and a very firm budget. I was greeted by a sales rep that offered me an over-priced car that had "unknown" damage and mechanical issues. The listed mileage was also very off from the actual mileage when I test drove the vehicle. The list of issues were incorrect on the sheet the dealer had printed out. He even tried to talk me out of buying this vehicle and purchasing something cheaper and under my budget! After not being able to discuss a reasonable price - after looking at several "car value" websites and having the sales rep say that "Perhaps the manager has hit his head in the last 10 minutes and will make a deal" or that his manager has gone delusional, I was prompted to leave. I later went to the dealership and spoke with another sales rep, who approached me with a negative attitude - claiming I was incompetent for trying to get a reasonable price or at least a clearer definition of what was mechanically wrong with the car. She also repeatedly called her manager delusional and disrespectfully stormed away from her desk when I asked her a simple question about the car's price. It would seem that the sales reps at Russ Darrow not only are disrespectful to their managers and potential customers, but also would rather sit under a tent playing cards and sitting on their phones than make a sale with a cash paying customer. I will happily take my business elsewhere and will never recommend this dealer to anyone I speak with.

nice experience

by from Bayfield wi |

Just wanted to say thank you for a nice experience in purchasing the jeep compass from you,we drove 3 hours to see the jeep and ended up driving it home,so we would like to say thank you to mark for all the help and the honesty put forward.Great job mark.

Horrible service

by from appleton, wi |

I actually have now had not 1 but 2 negative experiences with this dealer ship. 1st time when I was looking at buying a new KIA as this is what I already owned and loved it I was treated like an idiot by a couple of the salesmen. I was having an issue with my current KIA and asked if while I was looking at purchasing a new KIA if someone could look at it for me. I was told when you trade it in we will look at it. I had no intentions of trading in the old KIA as this went to my teenager. Then I bout a Jeep from the used car dealership in Appleton (WHICH TREATED ME WITH RESPECT AND HAD A GREAT EXPERIENCE), but unfortunately I have to have my maintenance work done at the KIA dealership. I went in for an oil change and asked them to vacuum the interior. The receiptionist was VERY disrespectful. I was there for almost 2 hours. Then when I got home and started looking at the interior of the auto it was still dirty and this is an additional service that I had to pay for. So, now I have to go and take it back in because I have nothing better to do in life than sit at the KIA dealership. I would not recommend this dealership to anyone. I would tell them to take their money and go to either Green Bay or drive the distance and go to Milwaukee or out of state before dealing with the people at the Appleton KIA dealership.

Russ Darrow Appleton Kia responded to this review

April 26, 2014

My name is Mike Meacham and I am the General Manager for Russ Darrow KIA in Appleton. I apologize for your less than perfect experience with us. This situation does not sound like a normal occurrence. Please contact me directly so that I may resolve this issue for you personally. My number is 888.679.0753. Thank you and here at Russ Darrow we're constantly striving to ensure excellent customer service and satisfaction.

Excellent experience

by from Oshkosh, WI |

I recently purchased a 2014 Kia Soul for my wife and was very pleased with the buying experience. My wife was very particular about the vehicle she wanted in terms of color, model, and option packages. Since Russ Darrow did not have what she wanted in inventory, our salesman, Wesley Ray, worked very hard to find and acquire the car she wanted from a dealer in Illinois. Wes is a dedicated professional who worked closely with us every step of the way. He also followed up with us to make sure we were satisfied with our purchase. In addition, he responded promptly by phone or email to any questions we had prior to, during and following the sale.

very satisfied with our experience.

by from Fond Du Lac wi |

very engaging and outgoing. very eager to assist us and help us with the completing the buying process. We will definitely use this dealeship again and refer others. We were very satisfied with our experience.

very good experience

by from Doylestown wi |

I had a very good experience. They halped me find a vehicle that I like and fit with the kind of payment a month I needed. Thanks!

great experience.

by from Neshkoro wi |

Thank you so much Mark,had an exciting time buying a kia forte from mark huth at russ darrow kia in appleton,made the car purchase exciting for us and did a wonderful job working for us and getting us a great deal.Go see mark if ya want a great experience.

Rude is the one word for it

by from marion wi |

Bought a car and three days later engine light came, after a call to On star, they asked me to start the vehicle 7 times and let it sit overnight which i did. ( they found something not right with the emissions.? ) Maintaince supervisior was so rude and made fun of me and laughed when i simply asked if it would be covered. Even more rude was Michael Meachall who is supposed to be a supervisior. After buying 4 cars there i have learned my lesson.