Barrier Volvo

Service 877-246-9060

"A promise to do more"

Awesome Experience

by from Bellevue, WA |

In working with James Cowan, our salesman, we loved the sales experience. We were debating between a Volvo, BMW and Land Rover, and Barrier had the best buying experience by far which helped lean us towards a Volvo. Also, James was new to the dealership and a pleasure to work with. He was helpful, friendly and knew the cars inside & out. Based on our experience, we are planning to get a second Volvo early next year when the new XC90 comes out. Overall, we have bought a lot of cars over the years, and our experience at Barrier was far and away the best...well above BMW, Porsche and Mercedes. Their facilities are due for an update or two on the inside although the personal attention and focus on the customer far exceeds other dealerships.

Empty promises

by from Seattle, WA |

I purchased my Volvo through Barrier a couple of years ago and had a pleasant experience. I was happy to drive twice as far as other Volvo dealerships to give Barrier my business for maintenance. However, during the first standard maintenance at their service center, a hole was punctured in the leather on one of the doors. When I inquired about the damage that happened while in Barrier's shop, the response I received was "don't call us, we'll call you". There was never any follow up from Barrier. In addition, several months ago one pressure gauge crumbled and caused the tire to blow on the same car. It required all four tires be replaced and all of the gauges removed from the other three tires as they were all about to crumble. I called Barrier when this happened to see if they could replace the gauges and was told that it was not under warranty, even though the parts were clearly defective. Several months later, having lost faith in Barrier I took the same car to Ravenna Volvo for standard maintenance. Ravenna Volvo noticed the missing gauges and asked me about them. They inspected the parts, which I had saved, ordered replacement parts and provided all the labor to install new ones, and all of this was done under warranty. They instigated the process and provided the service in a respectful and timely fashion. Barrier's "promise to do more" has not come near to meeting my expectations and they have lost me as a client.

Fantastic Experience!

by from Marysville, WA |

Buying our brand new XC90 could not have been easier - and we had two kids with us! Staff members were incredibly friendly and very helpful. Chris was extremely knowledgeable and was able to answer all of our questions and went above and beyond to help our family. Pricing was very competitive, and they were up front with us from the beginning. We couldn't be happier with our experience and would definitely recommend Barrier Volvo to anyone looking for an easy purchase and superior service!

Barrier Volve

by from Maple Valley, WA |

From the purchase experience a few years ago to our most recent service 2 days ago. Barrier Volvo has continued to provide exceptional customer service. Thank you !!!

Fantastic Service

by from Bellevue, WA |

I am a returning customer to Barrier Volvo, this is the third car I have purchased here. I am so impressed with my salesman Chris. I have been so happy with the treatment I receive when I service my car. I especially love the free car washes! I am a lifetime customer! Couldn't be happier or more grateful.

Was going great until....

by from Redmond Washington |

I wrote a review a few days ago, noting how helpful and attentive our salesman was. While that remains true, our experience pretty much unraveled once we were put in touch with John, who's responsibility consisted helping us sign a few docs, and then also pushing every single type of warranty known to man down our throats. The document signing should have taken all of about 3 minutes, but we were in his office for just under an hour as he with through every wrinkle and nuance of about 7 different types of warranties. I repeatedly declined, and politely explained that it is a decision we would make at another time. He would momentarily oblige, only to then halfway through signing the next document say "you know this is a great time to bring up our interior care package..". I repeatedly explained to John that we were tired, had not eaten since 11am (it was 6:15PM) and were trying to make it to watch a game at 6:30. Despite telling him all of this he kept up his song and dance until I finally said "look I'm really not trying to be rude but we have no interest in any of this." That doesn't even get into that half of what he was telling us was inaccurate (we did a lot of research on warranties beforehand) and it was just a terrible experience. I sat there with my head in my hands as he yammered on and on about this that and the other, and the man was totally oblivious to the fact that we were moments away from cancelling the entire transaction, on sole account of his pushy behavior. Chris Johnston our sales rep was great, but John M. single handedly brought the experience from amazing to subpar in his 45 minutes of sales lingo.

Excellent buying process and great people

by from Bellevue, WA |

I came to Barrier after looking at their website and from thereon in it was a very nice experience. James and Sue were very knowledgeable and very helpful in the whole process and it eventually led me to buy my 2012 Volvo S60. They were very patient and helpful and answered my numerous questions to full satisfaction. I would recommend anyone to them. To add to that the shuttle services provided by Barrier is excellent too and Butch was a shuttle driver who was very nice and his good words regarding Barrier as a company was a positive influence for me.

Our great experience

by from Bellevue, Washington |

We had a great experience at Barrier Volvo. My mom and I went over to look at cars for her, and came away with exactly the car she needed and wanted- without any pressure to get her into something that wasn't a good fit. We explained to Chris the different things she needed, and he went through piece by piece the benefits of each scenario (Car A vs Car B) and was very good at deciphering what her "wants" were vs her "must have's". He drove multiple cars with us, and at the very end recommended the one he felt was the best value for my mom, based off of the time he had spent with us. There were multiple cars we looked at that were more expensive that he probably would have made a higher commission on, but he recommended the car that he knew would be best for her. At the end, we walked out with a brand new 2014 S60 that she absolutely loves. Would come back here again, and when I'm in the market for my next car I will definitely be back.

Very Happy Customer

by from Seattle, WA |

I found the car I wanted on their website and was very pleased when I left with the XC90, it was well represented online best of all the service I received by everyone at the dealership was excellent.

Great service

by from Bellevue, EA |

Facility was nice, salesman was very accommodating and polite. Good experience overall.

Great Experience

by from Snoqaulmie |

We always receive excellent & outstanding service from Erik Bryar when servicing our S40 & S60. Also, we had a pleasant and easy experience buying our latest Volvo XC60 with Don French.