Barton Chrysler Dodge Jeep RAM

10701 N Newport Hwy, Spokane, WA 99218

New 855-519-3784
Used 855-497-2424
Service 855-509-1694

Expect Excellence, it's what we do

Great experience

by from Ione, wa |

We just bought a dodge from Tony Norris, the experience was great. I felt like Tony was working for us, to help us, he wasn't pushy or trying overly hard to make a sale. I would definitely purchase from him again.

March 15, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to write this review. Tony is one great sales specialist. He truly values the relationships with his customers and takes the time to get to know what their wants and needs are. I will pass along your kind words to him. Everyone has different motives for buying a vehicle, but it should always be easy. Thanks again for the review.

New 2015 RAM 2500

by from Spokane, WA |

BEST truck buying experience I have ever had. Would recommend to family and friends. Shopped all three Ram dealers and they bet they others price; staff was friendly and knowledgeable.

Honest Dealership! Good Customer Service!

by from Northern, Arizona |

I was in the market for a used X3 in excellent condition. I found one at Barton for a great price with all the options I wanted. The Internet Sales staff was a pleasure to deal with and provided me with tons of information and pictures on the X3 I was interested in. Buying a car when you are in another state is hard enough as it is but the Internet Sales Staff at Barton's made it easier. Unfortunately, the price listed for the X3 was $10k off the actual sale price of the vehicle. I wondered if they were just trying to give a good deal but when I asked them to double check the sale price it was dicoverved that there was an error in the online listing price. No harm, no foul, and the Staff was very apologetic about the mix up. On to the next one... hopefully I end up finding it back at Barton's.

Do not use Barton's service department

by from Spokane, Wa |

I thought a Chrysler dealer should be able to fix a Chrysler. They had my car for 4 months. Not only could they not figure out what was wrong, they kept putting me off when I called the service department. They told me I could not ask the mechanic what was going on, and the service desk people had no idea. Even the service manager never returned my call about my concerns - meanwhile my car was sitting patiently in the hot sun waiting for them to fix it. They charged me for new parts that were not necessary and had nothing to do with the problem. More than anything, I think it was the derogatory, demeaning way in which the service people spoke to me - and yet, I was pleasant - and more important, a paying customer. By the way, the problem WAS found and solved at another repair shop in Spokane.

March 18, 2015

Hello and thank you for your feedback with Barton. We sincerely apologize about your experience here in the Service department as that is not how we do business. The Service Manager Rob Johnson would like the opportunity to fix this issue and do whatever we can to earn your business once again. Again, our apologies, please give Rob a call at 509-321-7300 and let us know how we can correct this issue for you.

Done with Barton

by from Medical Lake WA |

Let me first say we used to Love Barton over on Sprague and serviced my wives Jeep there without a problem. They earned our trust with good and honest service. Unfortunately, they have permanently lost our future business with the 8/13/14 purchase of my daughter's used 2001 VW Beetle. I should have followed my instincts and taken it to our mechanic. The salesman told us that they care about their reputation therefore they are not going to let anything with problems out the door and all cars get an extensive multi-point inspection before going out on the main used car lot where we bought ours. I paid bluebook for it as it was clean and drove well. Since it was for my daughter I took in to the mechanic to get it checked out. I was very surprised to here that the timing belt was worn and likely the original. It needed to be changed immediately as if it should break I was looking at a $6000 engine (scrap metal). I called Barton and talked to Rob, the used car sales manager. I was dumbfounded when he admitted that they 1. Do not check those in their inspection. 2. Don't have the margin to fix them as they pay too much for the trade-ins (albeit - pass that cost off to the customer who does?) 3. Will not fix it for a discount OR go in halves (Which was my original proposition) After the phone call (and followup from salesman) I now believe they sold me the car knowing it needed a timing belt. ($1200) We are done with Barton. I am grateful I checked it and found it as my daughter could be on the side of the road somewhere between home and college. Consequence comes from lack of responsibility and Barton will learn that in the electronic age you cannot escape it. Nor will we be buying our next Jeep from them in two years. Good business is more than margins.

September 23, 2014

Hi there, I want to apologize for your recent experience here at Barton. We appreciate your repeat business and again my apologies for your latest experience. We strive for top customer service, and yes all of our pre-owned vehicles do go through service and inspection, and unfortunately sometimes things can wear down or need repair after you purchase. It is still a pre-owned vehicle. We do offer extended warranties for these types of things that do eventually need replaced on pre-owned vehicles. If there is anything else we can do for you in the future please let us know and we'll do everything we can to earn your business again.

BEWARE OF BARTON

by from Spokane, WA |

Barton has some of the rudest people working for them. All they from the bottom of the totem pole up to the general manager Chris. I took my truck in for a standard oil change and a windshield replacement. The windshield replacement was going to be sub-contracted out to a Glass Repair shop. I was not happy about this. I brought my truck to the dealer and was willing to pay more to ensure I received mopar replacement and not a third party replacement. The service writer could not understand that concept. Finally, after working with my insurance company, I was contacted by the third party company that was doing the windshield replacement and they assured me it would be Mopar. So I let them do the work. While on the phone with the third party company, they indicated I needed to pay the $100 deductible with them directly so I gave them my CC over the phone to pay for the deductible. When I went to pick up my truck, the cashier was extremely rude, I asked to speak to the general manager, he was equally as bad and had the nerve to tell me I was a liar about paying the deductible to the third party company. They refused to give me my truck back unless I paid them the deductible also. I paid them the deductible (figuring I can always dispute the CC charge if I am double charged). When I dropped the truck off, they had my service record history under the wrong name. They said they would correct it. When I went to pick up the car, they could not find my truck in the system. It was still under the other name. Their cashier asked me to write down all the correct name, address, phone #, and she would change it. I told her that I am already in the computer. She said I was not. I said "Maam, I am in your computer, they even found me in the computer when I dropped the car of." She proceeded to tell me that I was not in the computer. I told her once again, that I am in the computer. Then the cashier was rude to me and said "You are not going to talk to me that way" I asked to speak to the General Manager Chris. He defended the Cashiers actions and again told me I was a liar when I communicate to him what the cashier did. He said "We have cameras" I said, great, lets review them. To which he refused. Obviously because he knows the cashier was rude and he also knows he is rude. I HIGHLY RECOMMEND anyone reading this review to steer away from this dealership. You will be better off driving to any other dealership. If every one bands together and does not use this dealership, then eventually they will either go out of business and make room for a dealership that understands what "Customer service" is, or they will change. Unfortunately for them, once a bad name and reputation is earned its 100 times harder to fix. Incidentally this review is for the Hwy 2 location.

Deceptive Service Department

by from Spokane, Wa |

My 2007 Chrysler Sebring was stuck in park and would not allow me to shift. After further research I realized that this was caused by a malfunction in the shifter on a piece that Chrysler had recalled. I made an appointment with Barton Chrysler to have this fixed for me. I was expecting to leave Chrysler with a working vehicle and a free fix as it was recalled. However, this was not the case. I was informed by my service advisor Scott K. that the recalled part was not my issue. He proceeded to tell me that it had looked like someone had spilled a sticky drink in my shifter and that it must have caused it to short out. He said this happens all the time. Unfortunately, I would need to buy a new shifter and it would run me over $400. Later that evening, I removed the center counsel and took a look for myself. I was shocked when I realized that it wasn?t sticky and that clearly the recalled part had broken and released a tension spring. I fixed my shifter for $0 myself but was told by Scott that the fix would be over $400. I was surprised that someone could speak so kindly and politely but with such utter dishonesty.

No pressure car shopping

by from Spokane WA |

We had a great experience at Barton. We were looking for a used van, talked with John about what we needed and test drove a Grand Caravan. Since we were not in a hurry he and Rob then took their time and found exactly what we needed and they made it fit our budget. To top off what was already our best experience at a car dealership, they filled the gas tank and washed and vacuumed our new vehicle for us before we left the lot, small details that really make a difference. Thanks John, Rob, and Terry

May 12, 2014

SJS- Sometimes it is nice to not be in a rush and allow us to find the perfect vehicle for you and your family. We try and remember that not everyone buys a vehicle that often and so we like to do the little things like wash your vehicle before you take it home. If there is anything we can do for you in the future please do not hesitate to give us a call. Thanks again for the review

NEW CAR PAPERWORK DONE IN 1 HOUR

by from Spokane, WA |

I've bought over 30 cars in my lifetime and the worst part is always sitting around waiting to complete the paperwork. At Barton Auto, I got an extremely fair price on my trade, got the new vehicle my wife wanted, and completed all the paperwork in an hour.

May 12, 2014

Brandonius, Thank you for taking the time to write the referral. We really appreciate the kind words. If there is anything we can help you with in the future please give us a call.

I only go to Barton! And you should too!

by from Spokane, WA |

I always have a Great experience at Barton, and that's why I go back! I like the staff. I never really feel any pressure. It's passion. Robert did a great job of selling the new Jeep Cherokee to me. You could see and tell how passionate he was about the Brand, and, he was able to show me all of the super amazing features that ultimately made me say yes. If he hadn't taken that extra time with me, I'd still be driving my old Jeep. Barton does not disappoint. And, have you seen the latest 2014 models? Go to Barton & check out the new Jeep Grand Cherokee! I got the Summit, but all of the new models are incredible! The Charger! Wow! :) happy car shopping! I say, Reward yourself today. Go to Barton and trade that ride in for Something Amazing!!! - Joey Aga

April 13, 2014

Joey we really appreciate you taking the time to write these kind words. Your Summit is a beautiful vehicle, but, you are right all the new changes on our vehicle line up are awesome. Thank you for the kind words and I will pass them along to Robert

AJ Phelps

by from Florence, MT |

We just recently bought a used vehicle from salesman AJ Phelps. WOW!! What an awesome person to work with. He was not pushy and went above and beyond to help us and to make sure we were completely satisfied with our purchase. We will definitely recommend AJ and hope to work with him again!!!

April 12, 2014

AJ is one of our newer sales people and review like this let us know he is on the right track to be coming a great asset to our dealership. Thank you for taking the time to write this review and I will pass along your positive words.