Jim Burke Automotive

1301 5th Ave N, Birmingham, AL 35203

New 877-841-6247
Used 888-659-4024
Service 888-240-5165

Where the Sale Never Ends!

High Standard For Customer Satisfaction

by from Birmingham,Al |

Jerry Armstrong was the Jim Burke Automotive Used Car Center representative that worked diligently to find the used T100 that I was looking for. His high standards for vehicle condition are much appreciated. He was pleasant at all times and always had a good answer for all my questions. In the future, I will certainly return to Jim Burke Automotive for my used vehicle needs.

Never again!!!!

by from Birmingham, al |

What a joke! They gave me a price online and then raised it once I got there! Don't fall for it!!!!

April 19, 2014

Sorry that you were not able to come to an agreement on "price", we do not raise the price of a vehicle once a customer is in the dealership, this would not allow us to be in business for 65+ years!

Possible Used Car Purchase

by from Birmingham, AL |

went in looking for a used car (used VW Beetle) that I had seen advertised in the inventory; was greeted graciously, the gentleman took my description of the car; came back and discussed the car's location with another rep; I was then told that the car was in a body shop because a window had a defect. They took my name and number for contact when the car was ready to be seen. Very friendly.

April 17, 2014

Thank you so much for giving us the opportunity to earn your business. For you automotive service needs we invite you to use our award winning service departments.

Poorly run business

by from B'ham |

I did not rate the quality of repairs, because no repair was done this time. Service rep Craig told me to bring the car at 12:30 for simple oil change, said it would be about an hour. Well, at 2:30 was told my car would be next on rack. Just another poor showing. When I called the service manager to complain and told them I had problems with the service before, I swear his response was, "so why did you come back?". This was the second car I bought new from them. When the car had about 20K miles on it one Friday, they called and told me they were not going to be selling that brand of car any longer, and that if I wanted any warranty work done I had to bring it the following Monday. Said beyond that date, I would have to take it to Atlanta for warranty work. They should spend as much money on their service department and making people happy as they do on running those stupid commercials non-stop. The sale never ends, and the service never starts. Would never, ever, under any circumstance purchase another car from Jim Burke. We would all be better off if they went out of business. Go elsewhere!

February 27, 2014

It is always our intent to meet and exceed our customer's expectation, however, this involves both parties doing what they say they will do. When someone misses an appointment and others make theirs, it moves a customer behind those customers. In this case, the appointment time was 12:15 and the customer did not show up until 12:50. This is documented on our repair order as 12:52. It was explained it could be up to 90 minutes to complete the service and when the customer showed up approximately 60 - 70 minutes later, the service was not completed, for this, we apologize. We have also offered to complete the service at no charge to the customer. We regret that automobile manufacturers go out of business, this is something beyond our control. However, we are a certified Saab Service Center with hundreds of satisfied Saab owners. Jim Burke Automotive has been in business over 60 years with tens of thousands of satisfied customers who not only buy and service their vehicles with us, but, happily do so again and again!

Bad experience do not buy anything at this company

by from Birmingham, AL |

This company advertise free oil changes for life of the car. Please read the fine print. If you do not complete all the maintenance the oil change is voided. They also increase the amount due at the maintenance for example for the 15,000 miles service the require a fuel injector cleaning but the handbook recommend this to be done at the 30,000 mile inspection. They have increase the amount of maintenance require to make more money. PLEASE READ YOUR HAND BOOK DO NOT TRUST THEIR SERVICE TECHS.

October 11, 2013

Mrs. Stallings, We are sorry to hear that you feel as though you have had a bad experience with your service. We pride ourselves on total customer satisfaction. We have one of the highest customer satisfaction indexes in the country for an automotive dealer. Every customer that participates in this program knowingly signs a contract that states they'll maintain and perform their maintenance with Jim Burke Automotive in order to receive the Free Oil Changes For Life. The customer only has to maintain their vehicles according to the manufacturer's maintenance owners manual; this is also stated in our contract to the customer. Nissan's manufacturer maintenance book does not suggest or require any dealer to perform a fuel injection cleaning at 15,000 or 30,000; therefore it is not required by Jim Burke Automotive in order to keep you eligible for your Free Oil Changes For Life. We do have two maintenance schedules, a factory recommended and a dealer recommended, it's only required that a customer who is on the Free Oil Change For Life program maintain their vehicles according to factory recommended maintenance NOT DEALER RECOMMENDED MAINTENANCE. We do recommend to every customer what we believe to be in the best interest of the customer and their vehicle(s) to have a longer and better life in to keeping their vehicle in the best running condition as possible. We at Jim Burke Automotive sincerely apologize for any misunderstanding and we truly hope to see you in the future.

They lie from beginning to end

by from Cullman, AL |

We have been having financial issues due to a move, and exes. I explained this to the first sales person I spoke to at Jim Burke. He said it is not a problem at Jim Burke, and told me to fill out a credit app and he would get back to me. I received a call the next day telling me I was approved for a $28,000 loan with zero down as I had put on the application. I could not believe it, so I called back and spoke to a finance rep. He told me the same thing. I asked him how this could be, and he said Jim Burke does so much business with banks, "they have extra leverage in these situations". He told me all I had to do was talk to my sales person, and schedule a time to come in, and drive my car home. When I called back, my sales person, Aubrey Witt was down right rude. He told me I shouldn't be looking at used cars, because there's no such thing as depreciation, it's all made up by financial people to make news. He claimed he's been in this business for decades, and I should listen to him, not news people. After arguing the point for 15 minutes, and knowing I was right, I called back and spoke to Charlie Wood the sales manager there. He and I spoke for about 10 minutes, he verified that my credit was accepted at the terms mentioned, and gave me another sales person, Jimmy Key. I spoke to Jimmy, who told me he didn't know what Aubrey was talking about, since they don't run credit until you come in for a particular car, but they would have no problem getting us credit with 0 down. I told him my credit score number. We went in about a week later, and he asked for our driver's licenses so we could drive the cars we were interested in. He asked how much we were putting down, and I told him zero, like I had told him several times before on the phone, and in email. He walked away to make copies of our ID's, and was gone for about 15 minutes. He came back and said we could get credit, however we needed to put down a minimum of $3000, and it would be "in house financing". I told him it would be zero down, and he said they couldn't do it. I wasted a trip to Birmingham, and Jimmy laughed as we left the dealership. It's not only the sales people that lie, but their managers, and their finance reps. Be careful, and shop elsewhere to save yourself!!!

Be very careful before signing!

by from Birmingham Alabama |

The salesman that I worked with was very courteous and helpful, but when it was time to give me concrete numbers thats when the trickery started. The salesman would go talk to the sales manager, who would scribble some numbers but would not give me a final price. In the end the starting price was more than I was quoted, but it was late when I signed and I just rushed through the process.

Smoke and mirrors

by from Birmingham, Al |

I went to look for a used car and trade in my current car. One dealer was very nice but couldn't be forward with any numbers... I tried a different sales person within the dealership and he proceeded to tell me I need a newer vehicle to carry the negative equity. I told him to run some numbers and call me ASAP.. It has now been 3 weeks and many phone calls with voice mails to him and nobody has returned any back. Would not suggest them at all!

Took a while to find the model that I wanted

by from Birmingham, AL |

I had wanted a simple base model Nissan Versa with a standard manual transmission, but that model seemed to always be unavailable. Jim Burke did ultimately find me a more expensive Versa model. Although the car cost more that I had wanted to pay, I am still pleased with the car, and the staff at Jim Burke has called several times after the sale to see if I was satisfied with the car.

April 22, 2012

Jim Burke Nissan would like to thank you for your recent Nissan Versa purchase. We value each and every customer and try to the best of our ability to insure that they are 100% satisfied with their purchase and also their buying experience with us! Again we thank you.

Be careful

by from birmingham, alabama |

Please be careful about signing papers at the dealership without the car being inspected (like they promise). That's what happen to me but the dealers were great to inform me and not sell me a lemon...thanks Jim Burke. I will be back!!!

April 22, 2012

Jim Burke Automotive would like to thank you for your recent business and values your business in the future. Should you have any questions or problems, please don't hesitate to contact your salesperson for assistance!

feel cheated and lied to

by from BIRMINGHAM ALABAMA |

if u have not so good credit one of the saleman will tell u he can get u approved no problem what a lie that is all it has been is a problem i found the car i wanted was told to go up on my down payment and i did and my payments would fit were i wanted them however when i got to the dealership they wanted more money down than what was agreed upon i could never get the salesman to give me a exact price on vehicle when i did finally get the price it was over a thousand more than what was on the internet when i confronted the general manager about this he told me the bank tells them what to sell it to a person for that he could not sell it to me for the price on the internet unless i went through my own bank i also find the car at another dealership for three thousand less and they would not do the 150% price match as stated on their website so in all JIM BURKE IS A BIG RIP OFF SO BUYERS BEWARE OF THIS DEALERSHIP we all work hard for our money and we should never let someone like this business try and take it from us they way they tried to take it from me

March 17, 2012

Good afternoon and thank you for bringing this to our attention. Jim Burke Automotive Group has been in the automotive business in the Birmingham area for over 66 years and is very involved throughout our community. We Do Not adhere to this type of business practice nor encourage it. We do adjust our prices according to the automotive market, this is done throughout world. We do honor ALL (150% Price Match on a new vehicle) if it?s brought to us in writing from another dealers official letterhead. We do understand that all of us work hard for our money, so with that understanding, each and every deal that we put together you can be assured that our professional sales and management staff will give you the best deal possible according to the circumstances dictated. It?s our goal to save our customers the greatest amount money that we possibly can, along with lowest possible payment, this is tailored to each and every customer?s budget and credit profile. Once the options are given it is the sole option of the customer to accept or decline the deal. If you will call us or give your name well will be more than glad to discuss this with you in further detail.