Jim Burke Automotive

1301 5th Ave N, Birmingham, AL 35203

New 877-841-6247
Used 888-659-4024
Service 888-240-5165

Where the Sale Never Ends!

High Standard For Customer Satisfaction

by from Birmingham,Al |

Jerry Armstrong was the Jim Burke Automotive Used Car Center representative that worked diligently to find the used T100 that I was looking for. His high standards for vehicle condition are much appreciated. He was pleasant at all times and always had a good answer for all my questions. In the future, I will certainly return to Jim Burke Automotive for my used vehicle needs.

Everything a car salesman is rumored to be

by from Birmingham AL |

I just left the dealership and then received a call asking how my experience was. They have now reassured how low car salesmen rank in the world of trust. My son came down yesterday around 2 and drove a Nissan Altima they had and salesman Mike Ganey was helping him. My son told him we were going to buy the car and he said he would clean it up and put a sold sign on it and we told him we would be there as soon as he got there this morning. We called and he was not there and once he got there we told him we were on the way. He let us drive all the way down there without telling us that the car was already sold and while he was explaining his sorry excuse he had the professionalism to take another call - we walked out. This guy Mike is everything a car salesman is rumored to be.

July 20, 2014

We would like to apologize to the customer for the inconvenience, however the automotive business is very fast-paced and competitive, which requires our salesmen to sell based on a first-come, first-serve basis. Sometimes, our customers must be able to make quick decisions to secure the vehicle they want, which is doubly imperative considering that we sell over six hundred vehicles per month. We have six separate lots, all with access to the inventory. Our dealership policy states that we cannot place a hold on a vehicle without a monetary deposit, which was explained to the son on the day he visited our dealership. Without the deposit to hold the car, our manager was unaware that there would be any conflict over the specific car. The car was priced at an amount attractive to many buyers, and these do not typically last very long in our inventory. So, not surprisingly, another salesperson was able to sell it late the night before the customer returned, and we didn't realize it until just before the customer arrived the following morning. When the salesperson got to work the next day, he was also unaware that the car had already been sold. Unfortunately, the problem here is due to a lack of communication on both sides, but it is unreasonable to expect us to stop doing business.

Will nickel and dime you, then send in lawyers

by from Birmingham, Alabama |

AVOID THIS SHOP. I took my wife's car to Jim Burke back in March. We got an estimate that was about 30% less than the competition because they said some work would not need to be done to get the car back in shape. Because the insurance company priced the work on needing everything, if we could cut corners, we could cut down on our deductible. Jim Burke did the additional work anyway, without running it by us. When we got the final bill, which was 50% higher than we were originally quoted, we complained because we had no knowledge that the additional work would be performed. We reached a compromise. I even remember saying, "I want to make sure this is it. I don't want to get a phone call in a few weeks saying that there's something we missed." It didn't take them a few weeks, it took more than 3 months for them to realize that the insurance company had not paid them enough, so they call me and tell me I owe them $900. When I tell them that I can't pay the full amount, they told me that they were sending the account to collections for processing. Avoid this shop. They don't hold to their estimates, they do unauthorized work, and they then come after you months later because of an error on their end and bully you for something you tried to resolve in the first place.

June 27, 2014

Jim Burke body shop would like to apologize for our accounting mistake. We have two different customers with names spelled almost identically, and the insurance payment was applied to the wrong customer's account. For the inconvenience, the deductible charged to the customer was discounted an additional $200. After several months, we realized the mistake. All we tried to do was collect the amount owed from the insurance company that was never received by Jim Burke body shop. Again we would like to offer our apologies in hopes that we can continue to do business in the future.

AVOID THIS SHOP

June 27, 2014

Never again!!!!

by from Birmingham, al |

What a joke! They gave me a price online and then raised it once I got there! Don't fall for it!!!!

April 19, 2014

Sorry that you were not able to come to an agreement on "price", we do not raise the price of a vehicle once a customer is in the dealership, this would not allow us to be in business for 65+ years!

Possible Used Car Purchase

by from Birmingham, AL |

went in looking for a used car (used VW Beetle) that I had seen advertised in the inventory; was greeted graciously, the gentleman took my description of the car; came back and discussed the car's location with another rep; I was then told that the car was in a body shop because a window had a defect. They took my name and number for contact when the car was ready to be seen. Very friendly.

April 17, 2014

Thank you so much for giving us the opportunity to earn your business. For you automotive service needs we invite you to use our award winning service departments.

Poorly run business

by from B'ham |

I did not rate the quality of repairs, because no repair was done this time. Service rep Craig told me to bring the car at 12:30 for simple oil change, said it would be about an hour. Well, at 2:30 was told my car would be next on rack. Just another poor showing. When I called the service manager to complain and told them I had problems with the service before, I swear his response was, "so why did you come back?". This was the second car I bought new from them. When the car had about 20K miles on it one Friday, they called and told me they were not going to be selling that brand of car any longer, and that if I wanted any warranty work done I had to bring it the following Monday. Said beyond that date, I would have to take it to Atlanta for warranty work. They should spend as much money on their service department and making people happy as they do on running those stupid commercials non-stop. The sale never ends, and the service never starts. Would never, ever, under any circumstance purchase another car from Jim Burke. We would all be better off if they went out of business. Go elsewhere!

February 27, 2014

It is always our intent to meet and exceed our customer's expectation, however, this involves both parties doing what they say they will do. When someone misses an appointment and others make theirs, it moves a customer behind those customers. In this case, the appointment time was 12:15 and the customer did not show up until 12:50. This is documented on our repair order as 12:52. It was explained it could be up to 90 minutes to complete the service and when the customer showed up approximately 60 - 70 minutes later, the service was not completed, for this, we apologize. We have also offered to complete the service at no charge to the customer. We regret that automobile manufacturers go out of business, this is something beyond our control. However, we are a certified Saab Service Center with hundreds of satisfied Saab owners. Jim Burke Automotive has been in business over 60 years with tens of thousands of satisfied customers who not only buy and service their vehicles with us, but, happily do so again and again!

Bad experience do not buy anything at this company

by from Birmingham, AL |

This company advertise free oil changes for life of the car. Please read the fine print. If you do not complete all the maintenance the oil change is voided. They also increase the amount due at the maintenance for example for the 15,000 miles service the require a fuel injector cleaning but the handbook recommend this to be done at the 30,000 mile inspection. They have increase the amount of maintenance require to make more money. PLEASE READ YOUR HAND BOOK DO NOT TRUST THEIR SERVICE TECHS.

October 11, 2013

Mrs. Stallings, We are sorry to hear that you feel as though you have had a bad experience with your service. We pride ourselves on total customer satisfaction. We have one of the highest customer satisfaction indexes in the country for an automotive dealer. Every customer that participates in this program knowingly signs a contract that states they'll maintain and perform their maintenance with Jim Burke Automotive in order to receive the Free Oil Changes For Life. The customer only has to maintain their vehicles according to the manufacturer's maintenance owners manual; this is also stated in our contract to the customer. Nissan's manufacturer maintenance book does not suggest or require any dealer to perform a fuel injection cleaning at 15,000 or 30,000; therefore it is not required by Jim Burke Automotive in order to keep you eligible for your Free Oil Changes For Life. We do have two maintenance schedules, a factory recommended and a dealer recommended, it's only required that a customer who is on the Free Oil Change For Life program maintain their vehicles according to factory recommended maintenance NOT DEALER RECOMMENDED MAINTENANCE. We do recommend to every customer what we believe to be in the best interest of the customer and their vehicle(s) to have a longer and better life in to keeping their vehicle in the best running condition as possible. We at Jim Burke Automotive sincerely apologize for any misunderstanding and we truly hope to see you in the future.

They lie from beginning to end

by from Cullman, AL |

We have been having financial issues due to a move, and exes. I explained this to the first sales person I spoke to at Jim Burke. He said it is not a problem at Jim Burke, and told me to fill out a credit app and he would get back to me. I received a call the next day telling me I was approved for a $28,000 loan with zero down as I had put on the application. I could not believe it, so I called back and spoke to a finance rep. He told me the same thing. I asked him how this could be, and he said Jim Burke does so much business with banks, "they have extra leverage in these situations". He told me all I had to do was talk to my sales person, and schedule a time to come in, and drive my car home. When I called back, my sales person, Aubrey Witt was down right rude. He told me I shouldn't be looking at used cars, because there's no such thing as depreciation, it's all made up by financial people to make news. He claimed he's been in this business for decades, and I should listen to him, not news people. After arguing the point for 15 minutes, and knowing I was right, I called back and spoke to Charlie Wood the sales manager there. He and I spoke for about 10 minutes, he verified that my credit was accepted at the terms mentioned, and gave me another sales person, Jimmy Key. I spoke to Jimmy, who told me he didn't know what Aubrey was talking about, since they don't run credit until you come in for a particular car, but they would have no problem getting us credit with 0 down. I told him my credit score number. We went in about a week later, and he asked for our driver's licenses so we could drive the cars we were interested in. He asked how much we were putting down, and I told him zero, like I had told him several times before on the phone, and in email. He walked away to make copies of our ID's, and was gone for about 15 minutes. He came back and said we could get credit, however we needed to put down a minimum of $3000, and it would be "in house financing". I told him it would be zero down, and he said they couldn't do it. I wasted a trip to Birmingham, and Jimmy laughed as we left the dealership. It's not only the sales people that lie, but their managers, and their finance reps. Be careful, and shop elsewhere to save yourself!!!

Be very careful before signing!

by from Birmingham Alabama |

The salesman that I worked with was very courteous and helpful, but when it was time to give me concrete numbers thats when the trickery started. The salesman would go talk to the sales manager, who would scribble some numbers but would not give me a final price. In the end the starting price was more than I was quoted, but it was late when I signed and I just rushed through the process.

Smoke and mirrors

by from Birmingham, Al |

I went to look for a used car and trade in my current car. One dealer was very nice but couldn't be forward with any numbers... I tried a different sales person within the dealership and he proceeded to tell me I need a newer vehicle to carry the negative equity. I told him to run some numbers and call me ASAP.. It has now been 3 weeks and many phone calls with voice mails to him and nobody has returned any back. Would not suggest them at all!