Freedom Chevrolet

13483 W IH 10, San Antonio, TX 78249

Horrible experience

by from San Antonio |

Lets get to the facts, they sold me a "GM Certified" vehicle that never had a 172 point inspection. I can claim this because I have proof and its in the service record. I bought the car with a small crack, i asked if it had been repaired under the certification before i ever agreed to pay for the car and was told yes only for it to splinter out from one end of the windshield to the other. When I brought my car in the service tech verified that it was never repaired prior. The only reason I was even able to get this fixed is because the used car manager remembered me asking the question. It also took 1 week to get a call back from the service manager letting me know that the dealership would indeed cover the replacement. Now to show further proof that there is nothing but liars working at this dealership. I took my car to Gunn Chevrolet and they did a inspection on my car as well as checked out a whomping noise that I kept hearing. They found the culprit, it was a tire that had the tread completely separating from the tire. When asked if this is possible that it just happened in the short 4500 miles I put on the car, they said it is highly unlikely that it happened during the time I owned it and was more than likely a pre existing condition that went unnoticed. This would make 2 instances where something went unnoticed leading me to believe 100% that this car had a GM Certified label put on it and was never inspected. What makes this even better is that after Gunn Chevrolet did their inspection this is all they found wrong with the car but when I went to Freedom Chevrolet to have them replace the faulty tire that was due to their negligence and that could've caused harm to my daughter or myself had I had a blow out, they stated it was my fault that the tire was like that and they wouldn't replace the tire. They also said the brakes needed immediate attention, the wind shield wipers needed to be replaced "which I just replaced 2 weeks ago and it hasn't rained in south Texas since I put them on", it needed not 1 but 2 new tires and the air filter needed to be replaced immediately. After arguing and telling them that I was going to file a complaint with GM they agreed to replace the tire. I was at the dealership from 9 am to 2:30 pm all over a tire and the fact that they claimed to have done an inspection they didn't do. To further back my claim that this dealership is full of liars. I brought my car to Bacon Chevrolet and had them take a look at my car today to see if they could find the same issues Freedom found and they did not. So 2 out of 3 dealerships didn't find any of the listed issues with my car other than its coming due for an oil change. I gave them a chance when I bought the car after I originally came in for a VW Jetta that was marked online as only having 30k miles just to find out after I allowed my credit to be ran prior to showing up that the car had 89K miles. Whats even more frustrating with that is that I have text messages from your salesman Randy verifying it only had that amount of miles prior to allowing my credit to be ran. That was the first lie, to compound matters their used car manager told me that it wasn't a big deal that my credit report was ran and it would only lower it by 1-3 points. It was a big deal because I didn't want to have to run it elsewhere to buy another car therefore I was stuck so to speak looking at their cars due to my day being wasted relying on the VW Jetta being the right deal and the fact that my old car was broke down and I didn't have time to look elsewhere. All around, this dealership has been the worst car buying experience I've ever had and if I didn't know any better and didn't have such a enjoyable time purchasing my other vehicles from Gunn Chevrolet then I would've just bought Fords from now on.

Dealership Experience

by from San Antonio, TX |

I usually do not enjoy shopping for a new vehicle. But this was the best auto shopping experience EVER. I will be back and will recommend this dealership to others.

Freedom Chevrolet responded to this review

April 15, 2014

Hello and thank you very much for your positive feedback! If there is anything that we can do for you in the future please let us know by calling us at (210) 697-6000.

Great Service

by from San Antonio, TX |

It was a great experience. I was in my camaro in no time. Hollis gave me a great experience buying my first car, and let me know that he will always be there to help me in the future with any needs for my vehicle. I will do business here again. -John

Great facilities and services to the customer.

by from San Antonio, TX |

Mr. Luis Castilleja was very helpful and took care of my vehicle. He made sure that all was taken care of to my satisfaction. My brakes are back to their OEM standards. Their courtesy shuttle driver was very courteous and friendly, always a pleasure to be dropped off by him while my vehicle is in service.

Great service and knowledgeable employees

by from San Antonio, TX |

I went to the dealership thinking of the expense of replacing a tire that had a nail that wasn't repairable. As I waited for my vehicle to get repaired. The kind gentleman that assisted me approached me and said,"Mr. Ortiz your vehicle is ready." I was surprised it was done so fast. The service sales rep said that the nail didn't went thru that the tire was not damaged or in need of replacement. That was a relief to my wallet as I was on vacations with my family. Thanks once again Freedom Chevrolet from the Ortiz Family.

Great services!!!!

by from San Antonio,Tx. |

Our sales man "Nate" did a great job!!!!! He helped me and my wife and answered any questions that we had. keep up the good work!!!!

Facilities and Service

by from San Antonio, TX |

Would have given 5 Stars but mechanic forgot to put my wheel lock key back in vehicle. I had to return to dealer to get it. Other than that dealer did great job on repairs.

Thanks!

by from San Antonio, TX |

I brought my car to Freedom for an oil change, and miscellaneous mechanical inspection at the suggestion of a current Freedom customer. While the experience was fairly smooth-please communicate with customers when their vehicle will be completed especially if completion is expected near closing time-which coincides with rush hour and increased traffic. Coordinating transportation back to the dealership was highly complicated as a result of the variables.

Freedom Chevrolet Service Department is a winner

by from San Antonio, TX |

Luis Castilleja squared me away. I had a small hole in the passenger seat of my new 2013 Traverse I purchased in Nov. He ordered the part, kept me informed and was very professional and pleasant during the process. I was very pleased as Freedom Chevrolet should also be. He is a great representative to your organization. Barry Napp

State Vehicle Inspection--Fast In--Fast Out

by from San Antonio, TX |

Fast in, fast out, and ALWAYS a pleasure to speak with people who treat you as both friend and family. I bring my Volt back to Freedom Chevrolet for state inspections because they know the car better than the state inspection station personnel ever will, and because I know I can count on problems (if they ever occur) being identified and corrected on the spot. Having the best car I've ever owned matched by the best sales and best service I've ever received is a hard combination to beat! PLEASE tell me when Chevrolet plans to produce a Volt-like SUV. We will look first to Freedom Chevrolet to purchase such a vehicle from when the time comes, precisely because we know how it will be taken care of after the sale.