H & R Auto

H & R Auto

2825 Washington Blvd, Arlington, VA 22201

Used 866-906-6491

Vehicle not what they say it is

by from Arlington, VA |

Called H&R Auto to see about buying a Chevrolet Astro Cargo van spoke with the salesperson arthur about coming to test drive van I asked if the van had any problems he told me no it was READY to go i told him I will be there to test drive the van. When we got to the place my lady asked him if the car came From an auction he told us NO it did not when we asked to see the car fax he went and bought it out to us to look at and sure enough they the van had been bought at a auction by H&R Auto when asked Arthur about the it he OH IT DID then asked him about the warranty he told us about over the phone he said that the van was being sold AS-IS and after test driving the van I notice that the Van Had A LOT OF PROBLEMS WIth the transmission, Engine, Muffler & AC I bought it back and told arthur what was going on and all he said was oh ok and kept playing on his computer at his desk. If you are looking for a car is not the place to buy from AT ALL IT WILL BE A WASTE OF TIME, GAS & BS

June 12, 2013

The Carfax's to our cars are online ALL of them. You wanted more discount which we could not give you, That is why I have this Review. Its sad.

Selling my BMW

by from Arlington VA |

I found H&R online and decided to take my BMW to be sold. I had a great experience...all of the sales people were experience and very personable. I was able to sell my car in 15 mins...and walk out with my check. No haggling...no stress...

June 29, 2013

Thank you! We do buy cars and most of the Time we pay more the CarMax. CarMax has to make $2000 to $3000 per car. In our case we just need to make few hundred dollars and we are Happy.

Let the Buyer Beware!

by from Charles Town, WV |

I wrote an earlier review where I gave H&R a wonderful review, however I've discovered a few things about the car since the purchase that makes me change my mind. We'd been looking at cars all day before we got to H&R. We were looking for a good used Subaru Legacy Outback and H&R had several. The first one we drove seemed fine until I had to back up, then there was a shudder and clunking sound. Upon our return from the test drive, we mentioned it and Carlos said it must be the CV joints. They had another Subaru, which I looked over and could find nothing obvious. We drove it and it seemed fine. It was getting late on a Saturday night, so we made the purchase and drove the car 70 miles to home. On Tuesday I discovered the engine was almost three quarts low on oil, uh-oh. We took it to a local Subaru dealership on Wednesday for a timing belt replacement and later we were informed of all the engine seals that were leaking oil, about $800 worth of repairs in addition to the $700 for the timing belt. Of course we called H&R, complained and were told they could give us a discount on repairs, but all sales were final. H&R has some nice looking cars at decent prices, but if you're interested in one of their cars, don't make our mistake, take it to a reliable mechanic before you buy it.

April 19, 2013

We do feel bad about what happen to you and your 1999 outback that you bought from us. How ever when you called us we told you that we can change the timing belt, water pump part and labor for $395. But you wanted to get it done at the Subaru Dealer who chargers $135 per hour WE can not pay that Sorry. I can do the work for $50 an hour I WILL not pay $135. You drive from WV over 4 hours because of our price. This was a 14 years old car one owner and the timing belt is part of maintenance NOT a Safety thing.

Not a Happy Buyer

by from Deale, MD |

I purchased a vehicle from Vladimir last week, got it home and noticed water coming up out of the carpet in the rear passenger floorboard. I immediately called to notify him of it. I was told that a window could have been left open or a sale flag could have been in the window causing it not to close all the way. I took it to my mechanic who upon further inspection noticed that the front passenger floorboard carpet was damp, the edge of the rug along the front door was slightly pulled up, she pulled it up further to find a pool of water in the front as well. The mechanic believes it may be from a windshield replacement that is leaking. I took the car back to the dealer and spoke to Hamed Rod, the manager, explained the problem and asked to return the car and get my money back. He refused. I called the police to have a report of my being there. Hamed Rod told me "had I approached him differently he would have worked with me". I did not yell or use profanity, I remained calm the entire time. When the police arrived, Hamed had the police ban me from the property for three years claiming I was "disorderly", in which I wasn't. I think this is a very poor way to do business. I'm sure they knew about the water since the rug was slightly pulled up in one area. Now I am stuck with a vehicle that will leak and smell with every rain unless I pay someone to fix the problem.

April 19, 2013

This is a Free country you can say what ever you like. You know And I know what happen. This was a 2003 Grand Prix. When you come in we told you come to the office and we will check and see what we can do for you. But you were yelling and telling me you know the law over and over again and you were the one who called the police NOT us. Once they got there and saw you the police asked me if we would like to stop you coming to the lot and for the safety of our employees we had to do what we did. STAY AWAY FROM US PLEASE.

Would never buy another car there again.

by from Maryland |

I purchased a vehicle last week from Vladimir, I didn't have any problem working with him, he was very pleasant, however, when I got home, I realized that there was a pool of water under the rug on the passenger back floor board that came up through the rug when stepped on. I called to let Vladamir know. He told me it could be from a window left down or a sale flag that caused the window to not go up all the way. I had my mechanic look at it and they think the windshield was replaced improperly and the water was running down the front floor board, which upon further inspection, we realized the front passenger rug was damp also. I went back to the dealer and asked for the manager. Hamed Rod came into the office and I explained that there was a pool of water under the rugs and that I wanted to return the car and get my money back. He was not interested in even seeing the problem, probably because he already knew it existed. He told me he would not take the car back. I called the police to have a report of my being there, Mr. Rod told me "had I approached him differently, he would have worked with me", I did not yell, scream or swear and was totally calm the entire time. I went out to wait for the police and when they arrived they tried to get him to work with me, to no avail, instead, he had me banned from his property for three years for being "disorderly". Terrible way to do business. I would have accepted another car on the lot in place of the one with a hidden problem. I would never buy another car from there again.

A very good experience

by from Charles Town, WV |

Found H&R while searching for a car on the internet. Yes, a teeny, tiny used car lot with very big service. I'd had some ugly experiences prior to finding H&R. They provide CarFax on all their cars. The salesman, Oskar, was a joy to deal with, very conscientious, not at all pushy. Not really a selling point, but we had a great conversation with Oskar and, as he was staying late to finish the sale, we even got to meet his lovely wife and little girl. All the cars were clean and in great shape. I recommend H&R to anyone looking for a good used car. Check them out.

by from "Washington, D.C." |

My salesperson, Vladimir, was very personable, knowledgeable, and professional. He picked me up at the Metro train station so that I would not have to walk a few blocks to his dealership; the car I chose drove well on the test drive. Vladimir answered all of my questions, gave me a carfax copy, and agreed to repair two small tears in the leather carseats. I did not buy a car because of changes in my personal circumstances; however, in the future, I would have no problem returning to shop for a vehicle with Vladimir.

April 1, 2013

Thank you very much for the nice reveiwsss. I don't know how we got 3 reviews from you but Thank you!