George White Chevrolet

1719 S. High Ave / PO Box 845, Ames, IA 50010

New 888-228-1905
Used 888-231-4885
Service 888-716-6460

Dedicated to serving all your automotive needs

Nice trade

by from Kanwha, Ia |

Thanks to Bryan I had a great experience trading in my 07 Impala for a Chrysler Town and Country. Contacted them through Cars.com and they responded quickly. Told them details about my trade and I knew from the first offer that they wanted my business. I did much of the process over the phone and email and only stopped in twice. They wanted my trade, knew what I wanted and delivered. Very happy with the process.

Great Experience

by from Oskaloosa, IA |

Finally found the truck we were looking for on Cars.com. Exchanged several emails with Kolton, who did a great job replying quickly. Went to the dealership to finalize the deal, good offer for our trade and a great price for the truck we wanted. It was all very smooth and no pressure, very nice buying experience.

I do not recommend George White

by from Saint Charles IL |

I would NOT recommend George White to anyone who is taking their car there for service. My 2010 Chevy Equinox (not purchased at George White) Stopped working on my way back to Ames. I got it towed to George White since It was still under warranty. After waiting two weeks to get my car fixed and my entire transmission rebuilt (which I was originally told would only take one week) I went to go on a three hour car ride to find that my transmission was Still not working properly. I immediately took my car back to George White and left it there while I went out of town. I got a call from them telling me that everything was fine on my car, it was driving perfectly for them and I must not know how to drive my AUTOMATIC car. Thankfully, My car made it back to Illinois where I could take it to the dealer I bought it from to find out there was for sure something VERY wrong with the car. After getting it diagnosed again there they found that the transmission that George White Cheverolet "rebuilt" had shards of metal in it. After getting it fixed at the Cheverolet in Illinois( and having the transmission rebuilt, again) it is in perfect working order. I would not waste your time at George White!!!!

Great Experience!

by from West Des Mones, IA |

Found the car I wanted on Cars.com and drove up to Ames. Very easy to get to the dealership right off Interstate 35/Hwy. 30. Their sales person, Kolton, was awesome. Made the buying process super easy. Great experience. I would highly recommend this dealership!

Poor Service

by from Ames, IA |

I feel disappointed and betrayed in my recent experience with the sales staff at George White. I contacted Bryan Denekas on Tuesday evening concerning a truck I was looking to purchase. At the time he told me he did have someone else interested in it, but that potential buyer was still working to come up with the down payment and Bryan did not think that he would be able to get it. Bryan and I discussed the truck because I was very interested in it, and he told me that if the other party had not come up with the payment by 9:00 the next morning, then the truck would be mine. So at 9:00 the next morning I gave Bryan a call. He told me the other interested party had not come in with the down payment, so we proceeded to discuss how I could purchase the truck. I wanted to get the ball rolling as I live in Des Moines and could only come to Ames after work, around 5:30. I have a vehicle I purchased from a Charity Auction that I wanted to trade as well. I discussed all of this with Bryan, as well as sent him pictures of the vehicle I wanted to trade. He told me that the loan officer would contact me around 3:00 to start discussing the paperwork. I felt at this point, the truck was mine and everything was good to go. I received a call from Bryan around 3:00 with some unbelievable news. He told me that the previous interested party had just walked in with the down payment, and they were going to give the truck to him. I felt he was incredibly rude on the phone, as if my business and what we had discussed didn't matter. I was baffled. I thought I had a verbal agreement with Bryan that if the truck wasn't purchased by that morning, the truck was going to be mine. I feel troubled by this bad business practice, and can not believe they would go behind my back and sell the truck anyway. This seems incredibly dishonest to me. I would have gladly been up there at 9:00 that morning and been able to purchase the vehicle, if I had not had to work. If they were saving the truck for the first interested party, why could they not save it for me? A person's word is everything to me. Considering my experience with George White, it seems as if its sales staff is more interested in money than a person's word. I was placing my trust in Bryan, as I spent my time looking for the vehicle and getting things in order so I would be able to purchase it right after work. I feel my trust was broken as he went ahead and sold the vehicle right out from under me. I feel the agreement I had with him was fair and he turned on me as soon as money walked in the door. If this company is all about money, it's not a company I want to do business with. I believe in old fashioned values and putting trust in what someone says they are going to do. Bryan had told me the truck was mine after 9:00 and he obviously did not hold to that agreement.

Great first time car buying experience

by from Ames, IA |

The sales person was friendly, knowledgeable, Very upfront and honest, and very helpful in the process of finding the right car. The overall buying experience was very quick and easy; also got a good finance.

Tony's the Man!

by from Ames, IA |

We had been searching for a while for the right tow vehicle for our new travel trailer. After locating the car we needed, we met with Tony during a snow storm. He prepped the car for our test drive, checked our car over for trade-in value, and not only gave us a very fair deal, but got the car to our mechanic for checking over. When we learned that expensive shock absorbers were in the offing, Tony worked out a split arrangement. We left George White with cash still in our pockets, a clean vehicle ready to haul over mountains, and big smiles on our faces. Thanks, Tony!

Great Service

by from Ames, IA |

Always get great service there, even without appointment. Nice facilities and waiting area. Like their shuttle service and their email service letting me know my car is ready (along with phone call). Have purchased several cars from Tony and always had good experiences buying a car their

buying with niki- fun and personable person

by from ames |

we had a wonderful time dealing with nikki and steve great people and they even dealt with r two crazy toddlers during the whole process. 2 thumbs up from the kinman family thank u guys

New Suburban

by from Ames |

I shopped all over for a new Suburban. I was treated wonderful at George White and also got the best price. I was actually suprised how much better they were than Karl's.

1st Corvette

by from Kansas City, Missouri. |

I went from Kansas City, Mo., to Ames, Iowa, for a 1985 Corvette. First red car for me, and I love it. John Twedt's smile sealed the deal. Great atmosphere. I felt like a kid but will be 70 in December 2012. 1st Vette and I waited 30 years. Bill