Chelmsford Street Auto Sales

Chelmsford Street Auto Sales

202 Chelmsford Street, Lowell, MA 01851

Used 888-782-7650

Car Sales WIth Confidence From Our Family to Yours!

OUTSTANDING customer service!!

by from Lowell, MA |

Chelmsford Street Auto Sales is exceptional, and has changed my perception of car dealerships. My wife and I were looking for a Subaru Outback and saw one listed locally in Lowell. It was close to home and priced competitively, so I stopped by to check it out. I arrived expecting to have to deal with a pushy salesperson, but after 10 minutes of looking at the car on my own in the lot nobody came rushing out to try to sell me a car. It was a great start, and only got better from there. I went inside to ask some questions and met Steve, who was everything I never expected a car salesperson to be - honest, genuine, thoughtful, non-pressuring, patient, and both professional and personable at the same time. I asked lots of questions and he was patient with providing thoughtful answers. After an hour of talking, I realized that I really liked the car, but loved the customer service. The next day I returned with family for a test drive and further discussion - my wife was equally impressed with Steve's attention, personality, and uncommon approach to car sales. Steve answered more questions, talked through financing and warranty options, and made everything incredibly clear and straightforward. Everything about our shopping experience made it so easy to say YES to purchasing a car - which we gladly did. We had planned to visit several dealerships and test drive a number of cars, but after visiting Chelmsford St Auto and meeting Steve, we realized there was no need to keep shopping. I kept thinking it seemed to good to be true and waiting for the catch. There was no catch - Chelmsford St Auto Sales is the real deal. Steve is a truly exceptional person with a remarkable business ethic and customer service skills. The rest of the staff also professional and engaging. The showroom is small but incredibly tidy and inviting. The service area is comprehensive and well staffed. And from start to finish, our car buying experience with Chelmsford St Auto has been amazing. I have already told my family and many friends about our car purchasing experience, and would highly recommend sales or service at Chelmsford St Auto. As a resident of Lowell, I am also pleased to discover this gem of a company right here in my neighborhood. If you are looking for a car buying experience with honest folks in a family-owned business, check them out. Chelmsford St Auto is truly an exceptional auto sales company! If you go, be sure to ask for Steve.

Chelmsford Street Auto Sales Review

by from Concord, MA |

Delivered quickly and fully on our request for a low mileage preowned Pilot. Sales and service people were exceptional. The entire process was so easy and professionally handled. Would highly recommend to anyone looking to buy preowned.

Great Service - pleasure to do business with

by from Hanover, NH |

I purchased a 2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee from Dennis at Chelmsford Auto Sales in February 2015. Going into the process I knew what I was looking for and how much I was willing to pay. My initial communication with Dennis took place mainly through email. He was pleasant, professional and made sure he was addressing all of my concerns. As I was located over two hours away his prompt responses and attentiveness were both immediately apparent and appreciated. We scheduled a time for me to come test drive the vehicle and upon my arrival it was ready and being polished in the showroom. I was warmly welcomed by the staff and Dennis came and greeted me. We went over the vehicle inside and out and he allowed me to take it to the local Jeep dealership for their review. I was able to speak with the head mechanic and not only was he more than impressed with the condition of the vehicle, he also was aware of Chelmsford Street Auto Sales and only had great things to say about their reputation in the area. I left much more confident in my anticipated purchase and had a great conversation with Dennis when I returned. I did not utilize their in-house financing, although I wish I would have after we went through the details. Dennis explained the pros and cons of going through them and if I hadn't already made an arrangement with a credit union near my home I easily would have gone through the dealership as it was a much better deal. The closing process was straight forward and easy. All of the paperwork was thoroughly and clearly explained and Dennis and his staff made sure all of my questions were answered. I left the dealership with complete confidence that I was making a great purchase and over two months and 7,000 miles later I am still sure that is the case. Although Chelmsford Street Auto Sales is over two hours away, the comfort and personal touch that Dennis brought to the car buying experience was hands down the best I have had. I will certainly monitor their inventory when I am considering my next purchase and wouldn't think twice about buying another vehicle from them in the future. I highly recommend Chelmsford Street Auto Sales and especially Dennis Montbleau.

Customer for life

by from Lowell, MA |

I could almost just copy and paste the review written by Jonathan here on Cars.com. Here's the short story: Great place, exceptional customer service and sales, beautiful cars and unbeatable prices. What people are saying on here is true. After buying my (dream) vehicle, I also referred my sister who bought a car and then she also referred her friend.. and well you get the picture. These guys really are this good! I stopped into the location after driving by and seeing some beautiful SUV's in the lot. Right away if felt like a different type of dealership. People were actually NICE. There wasn't this huge sales pitch of "you have to buy now now now". It was absolutely about me: what I wanted, what I could afford etc. Now, prior to this dealership, I had visited Toyota, Chevrolet and some other places over by Tewksbury. Each experience had been so uneasy. To walk away from some of these places is terribly hard because of the high pressure. And they didn't even have my dream car! Prices were high right along with the pressure and lack of professionalism. The other dealerships felt like they were right out of some sleazy car dealership handbook. I am SO grateful that I did not settle on a car that I did not want. Anyway: so Chelmsford Auto was a HUGE breath of fresh air. I actually felt like they cared about me and what was best for me... not a quality you find in a lot of car dealerships. I had some credit issues in the past so I wasn't too sure about how this was all going to work out for me, but Steve (who is the finance guy/sales guy) worked really hard on getting me financing. Once the financing got approved, I wanted to get right over and pick the car up. I get in later in the day and Steve tells me that he's been working all day with the bank and he got my loan interest rate down from 9.95% to 3.25%. This was a total shocker. I knew my interest rate would be a little higher, I was already sold on the 9.95%. He absolutely did not need to do this, but he did. You know why? Because they DO care about their customers. These people are stand up guy's that know how to treat customers well. You won't find anything or anyone like them anywhere. Oh and one last thing. I have had my dream car now since October. I return to Chelmsford Auto St. Sales for oil changes and maintenance. So far all the required maintenance has been covered by the warranty that I bought. I really and truly could not be happier. I will go back to this dealership for my next car and will continue to refer friends/family to this location. It is THAT good.

low ballers

by from Lowell |

Offer a low ball for my trade and when I laughed and walked out the door jumped up $1500 and expected me to pay sticker.. What a joke

Chelmsford Street Auto Sales responded to this review

April 18, 2015

Ron brought a 2003 or 2004 Rear Wheel Drive Cadillac for evaluation. Rear wheel drive vehicles perform poorly in New England during the winter months. Older Cadillacs tend to have expensive repair issues which we've observed in our repair shop, and we do not sell older Cadis from our dealership. We bring them directly to auction. Ron didn't understand what happens when you take a RWD old Cadillac to auction. Professional buyers require a substantial discount for the added risk. Ron's vehicle would be worth more in a warmer climate such as the Southeast, Texas or Southwest. Ron had unrealistic expectations of what his trade was worth.

Used 2009 Honda Pilot

by from Chelmsford, Ma |

My wife and I started our search for a second car and decided to look for a used one because we are expecting our second child soon. We were aiming for a small to midsize SUV and came across a Honda Pilot. A few of my relatives also owned the car and they had nothing but positive feedback on it. As I started my search, I came across the Honda Pilot and decided to check out the dealership since it's not too far from where I live. I called and set up the appointment on that same day very quickly. Upon arrival I was greeted by a representative by the name of Token. Very friendly guy and professional. He showed me the car I requested and answered a lot of my questions. After a few minutes we took it for a test drive and the car felt great considering it's an 09 model which is a step up from my 2005 Honda Accord. After the test drive, I was sure that this is the car that will fit our family's needs. Token worked out a great deal for me and finance did a wonderful job getting me approved for the loan and contacting my insurance company. I didn't have to do anything besides signing the papers and they were able to get the car ready for me the next day! -Leo

Chelmsford St.Auto

by from Acushnet Ma |

Saw a truck i liked on Chelsmford St. Auto website.I had been looking for a Ford F150 Lariat for almost a year.I was being very picky with the details....color, interior , undercarige etc.Although the dealership was 70 miles from my house I took a chance and went.Steve was the salesman i dealt with and he was excellent, not pushy,truthful and best of all competent.He made sure everything was taken care of so the 2ncd time i came to the dealership the truck came home with me.Ive had the F 150 for 2 months use it everyday with 0 problems.Its easy to see by the quality of the cars , suv's , and trucks that they are very paticular about what they sell.I would and have recommend them to friends as a great place to buy.

Chelmsford Street Auto Sales responded to this review

April 17, 2015

Thank you Matt! We appreciate your comments and hope you enjoy the F150 for years to come. :)

Awesome place!

by from Medford, MA |

Bought a 04 Acura TSX there & love it. Sales team were all very helpful. I plan on driving my new car for a long time but when I'm ready to buy again, I'm definitely going back to this place.

I've never had a better car buying experience!

by from North Billerica, MA |

What a pleasure dealing with Dennis, Roger and Steve. I was without a vehicle for almost 6 months before going to Chelmsford Street Auto Sales. The entire team are great listeners and communicators. The vehicle was prepared for my pickup with an oil change and completely detailed. Furthermore, Doug and the rest of the team in the service shop/repair department provided service with a smile. They are wonderful people. The whole team came together to ensure a quick and smooth transition getting me into my Toyota Avalon. I will be coming back and I highly recommend this Dealership to anyone. ~Michele G.

Great experience!

by from Boston |

I recently bought a nice Nissan Murano 2007 here and me and my boyfriend were really happy with the service we received from Dennis! He was really nice and patience in this whole process which was really easy and short, I tested drive the car and since then I fell in love with it!! I'm 100% satisfied with the service and process I received..and I can definitely recommend this great place if you gonna buy a car!!! żżżż

Excellent service

by from Winchester, MA |

We recently were shopping for a used SUV, and spent an hour at Chelmsford Street Auto Sales dealership and test drove couple of vehicles, and had the pleasure of interacting with Steve Frechette. We are not the typical used car shoppers, and were apprehensive about the process. Our comfort level went up substantially when we walked in to Chelmsford Street Auto, seeing the well maintained facility, the way the cars were displayed and the overall ambience. Steve impressed us with his polished manner, his helpful demeanor, and non aggressive approach. As we were test driving cars, Steve was carefully noting any issues, comments or concerns that we had about the vehicle and promptly followed up with a phone call and email with clarifications. We found this to be very impressive. We ended up buying a car from elsewhere that met our budget and needs better. We certainly would go back to Steve and Chelmsford Street Auto Sales when we shop for our next used car. and have already recommended them to couple of our friends who are looking to buy used cars.