Harvey Automotive

2600 28th St Se, Grand Rapids, MI 49512

New 888-482-0346
Used 888-430-6102
Service 888-297-6489

Luxury. Performance. Utility. By Harvey. Since 1966.

Easy to deal with. No pressure.

by from Grand Rapids, MI |

I hate car shopping. This was by far the easiest vehicle buying process I've ever had. Nice people. No pressure.

Not Enough Characters Allowed-See Edmond's Review

by from grand rapids mi |

Hi. It seems lately I just can't seem to find a dealership that is Superior in Customer Service. I will keep this short. The easiest and quickest way to tell you about MY experience is simply that there was no communication from my service advisor and the service manager was very rude and condescending. I had just purchased a 2007 Hummer H3 with about 82,000 miles from an eBay supposedly top tier seller(that is another story). It had a radiator that had been JB Welded. I made my appointment. The day I was to take it do dealership, it wouldn't start to I had to call OnStar to tow it to Harvey's Cadillac. Well, they had it from Monday to Monday. And, it was $1670.00 worth of charges. This is why I have to rate it poorly. 1) My advisor was not very good at communicating. I usually had to initiate the phone call or email. 2) I had been Googling the problems I wanted the dealer to look at. When I mentioned them, I was told that I needed to stay off the Internet and let them do their jobs. 3) A couple of the items listed were never fixed. 4) When I talked to the service manager, he asked for the last for digits of my social security number. I still don't know why. When I asked about checking into the tire pressure monitoring system not working with OnStar's vehicle diagnostics. The service manager started saying, "Yes or No?' "Do you want to spend all this time trying to diagnose the problem and take your whole dash apart? Yes or No!". He was, to say the least, very rude. 5) When I would remember something else that I wanted them to look at since it was there, I was told that they had enough to do already. 6)I was supposed to get an account number to use with Harvey's Preferred Accounts. That never happened. 7)I tried to email my advisor as I need some new key fobs programmed and a couple of keys made and now almost three weeks later, they have never responded. 8)I had to subsequently go to another dealership as Harvey never called or emailed me back. 9) The other dealership has me hummer another $270 and has ordered in parts that Harvey's should have found wrong or fixed. And then another $10. 10) Again, I am a first time customer who just found out that I needed nearly $1700.00 to get it running properly and yet I get the disrespect of never hearing from them again? 11) The fact that after paying that amount, the window noise was not fixed and the driver's side speaker in the door is not working. I was told that the wiring on the driver's side had corrosion on some pins. And, no, the extended warranty that I purchased for almost $3000.00 wouldn't cover anything as this was all considered maintenance. 12) I guess I can say goodbye to the 5% or $80.00 that was to be applied to my Preferred Harvey's Account. 13) What irritates me the most is that I was very kind and nice and non-angry/aggressive person. That is why I don't understand the breakdown or lack there of, of communication. I haven't mentioned anyone by name as I am not sure if that is kosher to do so. Being a dealership with "Cadillac" in it's title, I expected much more in seeing Superior Customer Service. I think that my problem is, after talking it over with my friends, co-workers and family members is that because Superior Customer Service is what is mandated at my company and is monitored weekly by mystery shoppers who degrades our score if someone doesn't greet you with a smile and ask if there is anything they may help you with type of thing, I just expect or I guess I had hoped to enjoy that same type of treatment when I go some place. However, I guess that wish is going to be only in my dreams, sad to say. 14) I was also sent an online survey and even that response has not been addressed. No call. No email. Nothing. I don't know if the general manager knows about this. However, like the old saying, the apple doesn't fall far from the tree. I can't imagine that he/she doesn't know about this and must either have the same attitude or condone it for wha

April 29, 2014

Dear ruh-roh, We're sorry you feel this way. We strive to give each of our customers the best service experience possible whether they purchase their vehicle from us or not. It's unfortunate your 2007 H3 had existing issues. Please note we are not responsible for expectations regarding its service since it was not purchased from us but a private party, and is not covered under warranty. Once a vehicle's GM warranty has expired, no repairs or services on it are covered by GM. At that point, all repairs on that vehicle are the responsibility of the owner. An aftermarket warranty (which was not purchased from us) does not cover normal maintenance. We believe this was communicated in a professional and clear manner. The amount of time we have a vehicle in service is directly related to the number of requests to check additional items. We also had an incorrect part that had to be re-ordered and we apologize for that delay. In order to verify customer information, we may ask for the last four of a social security number or other information. We're sorry if this caused you concern. Our staff and management attempted to resolve your vehicle concerns in a timely manner and we appreciate your business. Sincerely, Harvey Cadillac

by from Elkhart, IN. |

I'm very thankful for Jennifer and Gerry who took extra time out of their day to stay the long hours it took my family and I to drive up from Indiana. Although, I'm slightly disappointed that the truck was not listed as being owned by a smoker, the truck is very beautiful, and handles like a dream. It is solid, and has all the power I'd expect from a Dodge. Thank you for being willing to stay the extra hours, and work out the financing, so that I could own my dream truck. This is a tremendous blessing to me, and will be for time to come. Thanks again!

February 26, 2014

Hello Paul - Thank you for your feedback! We will share this with Jennifer and Gerry. So glad you are enjoying your "dream truck" and that we could assist you in making it a reality. Happy motoring!

Outstanding service team - Great Experience!

by from Canton, Michigan |

My 2009 CTS threw a rod on the highway about 40 miles outside of Grand Rapids. I hobbled the car into Harvey Cadillac (had never been there before) and they treated me to one of the best automotive service experiences I have ever had. They quickly checked me in and provided me with a great loaner. Special thanks to Jena Smith and Warren Fuller for such great service.

February 1, 2014

Hello Frank - We're very pleased we could help! Thank you for your kind comments. We will pass this along to Jena and Warren also. Safe travels!

Very professional, easy to deal with

by from Grand Rapids, Mi |

Looking for a CPO Lexus? Look no farther than Mark O'neil at Harvey Lexus. Mark makes buying a used car a pleasure. Very professional, no pressure and easy to deal with. Almost feels like he's working for you rather than Harvey. My wife and I highly recommend him.

January 22, 2014

Thank you for your review - Mark is an important part of our team at Harvey and we'll pass along your comments to him. Enjoy your CPO Lexus!

buying good codition vehicle

by from CANTON,MICHIGAN |

very good review with dealings, good features of this van & interior & exterior were so nice . This place was easily to fine out then me & my relative live in that city Grand Rapid but i am living in Detroit area so drove my car with my confidence to buy this vehicle I initially i gave them offer was little low then i gave them full price what they want so we did road test check all kind of of Chick points. Condition is very good & i was so impressed & than let see how it run for my future.

January 22, 2014

Amarjit, thank you for your review and your business! We will pass along that you had a good experience to our staff. Enjoy your van!

Top Notch Service for an Out of Town Buyer

by from Chicago, IL |

If you're looking for a certified pre-owned Lexus, I definitely recommend you talk with Mark O'Neil. I am located in Chicago, IL but found a CPO Lexus, with all the features I wanted, at Harvey Automotive / Harvey Lexus in Grand Rapids, MI. My biggest concern was driving 180 miles to find the car scratched and dinged up. I was put in touch with Mark O'Neil and I asked for an honest assessment of the vehicle's exterior / interior. He was quick to respond with the small handful of wear and tear issues ? he noted my concern about driving all the way out there and assured me that most if not all could be easily buffed out. A few days later Mark greeted me, and the first thing he did was be upfront and point out all the minor body blemishes that he had described earlier - his assessment was honest and spot on, the scuffs are easy to clean up. Mark was helpful in describing the car's features during the test drive, and recognizing that I came a long way to see their car, let me take as much time as I needed to try it out. Back at the dealer, he introduced me to the service manager who took time out to answer my mechanical questions. During negotiations, I didn?t feel stressed, nor was Mark trying to push anything. I feel like we had an honest and fair negotiation and I came out real happy. The business manager, Steve, was honest about financing and was actually able to get me a better finance rate than my local branch. They offered some of the usual add-ons (extra warranties, etc.), but weren?t pushy about it once I made my choices. The bottom line price didn?t include any hidden junk fees, either. Weeks later, I found out that the bank had delayed processing the loan due to the holidays, and Steve was quick to take my call and help me sort it out. Long story short, I was concerned that I was setting myself up to be duped because I was an ?out of towner.? Mark O?Neil at Harvey Lexus was honest and I really feel that he helped an ?out of towner? buy a car ? he didn?t ?sell? me a car. I?ve had my certified pre-owned Lexus for a few weeks now and love it. If you?re driving a distance to see these guys, I think you should feel comfortable giving them a chance. I?m glad I did.

January 22, 2014

Mark, thank you for your business and your review! We've passed this along to Mark, our managers, and Steve. It's great to know you felt comfortable as an "out-of-towner" here at our store. Enjoy your Lexus!

Amazing Experience with Michael Resau at Harvey

by from Kalamazoo, MI |

We just bought a "new" used 350h Lexus. (It's a lovely car BTW). Mike Resau at Harvey Lexus was our salesperson, I called having found exactly what I wanted online at their dealership. We talked a bit, discussed the price, negotiated some and the car was mine. Mike Resau was a delight to work with. I haven't purchased a car for twenty five years - until this year (my husband always took care of the car purchasing). I have to say, Mike Resau couldn't have been nicer, more helpful, patient, not pushy, not a "used car salesman" type at all. Mike Resau was very professional, stayed after hours to show my daughter and I all the car specifics. Mike was very patient with us, so nice, just a really great guy. Mike Resau even had the battery replaced, as when the dealer went to move the car - found that the battery was dead. So instead of just charging it and not saying anything to us, Mike Resau replaced it and it was ready to drive away at no charge to me. Now that is service and it far exceeded my expectations! If you are looking for a certified pre owned vehicle, Harvey Lexus should definitely be on your "must" list. I have talked with and met with A LOT of dealers this year - and Mike Resau at Harvey Lexus was by far the best! Thanks Mike Resau for a great auto purchasing experience. BTW- the financing department was also great, fast, efficient, professional and nice. Yay for Harvey Lexus!

December 24, 2013

Enjoy your Lexus and thank you so much for your kind comments and your business! Mike is an important part of our sales team and we'll pass this along to him and our finance department. Happy motoring!

Great Purchase Experience

by from Kansas City, MO |

This was my first out-of-town purchase. Mark O'Neil was great to work with throughout the process of getting things done in advance and even picked me up at the airport in the car I purchased. Steve Sowa was a big help with evaluating and establishing an extended service program and promptly getting all the paperwork processed. After the purchase Mark continues to be responsive with questions. Highly recommend Harvey Lexus!

December 24, 2013

Thank you, Doug! We appreciate your comments and will pass them along to Mark and Steve. We're very pleased you had a great "out of town" purchase with Harvey Lexus. Thank you for your business!

Awesome Service along w/ great customer care

by from allegan mi |

No matter what i come in for Jena Smith is always so helpful. It is a great pleasure to keep coming back here

December 17, 2013

Thanks, Laurie! We appreciate your repeat business and will be sure to pass along your kind comments to Jena!

Great Service

by from Grand Rapids, MI |

I have brought two of my vehicles in for service, the staff is always friendly. Jena Smith always has a smile on her face and is wiling to help. I would recommend Harvey to anyone, keep up the good work!

December 10, 2013

Thank you for servicing your vehicle with us! We'll pass this along to Jena and appreciate your business and kind words!