VanAndel & Flikkema Chrysler Jeep

3844 Plainfield Ave NE, Grand Rapids, MI 49525

New 888-631-5003
Used 888-797-0620
Service 877-899-1036

JEEP Giants!!! Chrysler Class...

Great Sales and Service

by from Caledonia, Mi |

Our family has been buying Jeeps from VanAndel & Flikkema for many years. We recently bought a new 2014 Grand Cherokee from Don. As always, Don was awesome to deal with. It is always a pleasure dealing with VanAndel & Flikkema. The Jeep is an awesome vehicle and it is rare to need service, other than oil changes and tire rotations. But, when an oil change and tire rotation is needed, Chad and the entire service team is there to give great customer service.

At least they have cheap oil changes.

by from Grand Rapids, MI |

I'll start with the good. People there are friendly. The shop is very clean and has a nice waiting room. The sales process is smooth as far as getting things signed, the car registered, etc. Now, I'm surprised VanAndel and Flikkema (VF) has so many 5 star ratings. They sell people on the fact that they have a multi-point inspection. Anything at or above 50% of it's life on a newer used car is said to be replaced. I have purchased two cars from VF. The first a Jeep. Upon delivery of the Jeep, the battery was dead. Yes they replaced it, but it should have been a red flag. I did not have this Jeep long as it was worse on gas than I planned on, and I decided to trade it in for something more fuel efficient. The second car I bought, a Chevy, showed more issues with the dealer. Upon buying the Chevy, it was in need of a new control arm (bushings were bad, but only sold with the arm). It also had some sticky residue on the dash. The last thing I can remember at this time is that the speakers sounded as though they were blown, it was traced to the head unit. Upon receiving the car after these were 'fixed' the car was out of alignment from control arm replacement. There was overspray from the spray paint on part of the dash as they had removed paint along with the sticky residue. And, the replacement stereo had a gouge and a small dent in it. They helped to clean up the spray paint, and they did align the car after I voiced the problem. I'm stuck with the stereo, as they would not do anything about the gouge. Well, the speakers sound good at this point, but it's a huge eye sore. A few months down the road, I had to replace the other control arm. Granted, I put miles on the car and it could have been a pothole, but I should have thought of this upon buying the car. Either way, it made me question how well they checked for bad parts. At this point, I figured it was in the past, I would just move on. Recently, I had to replace the battery and a headlight. For the battery, the Chevy dealer wouldn't work with me as I bought it elsewhere. The battery had a 6 month warranty. It was 3 years old when I bought it. To me that is 50% of it's life, I guess I should have checked this when I bought it. When I brought this fact up, VF said it was almost 6 years old so I'd have to replace it anyway. It really annoyed me how VF decided to try to convince me to buy a battery instead of just telling me they wouldn't. They used the argument that the car was a 2009 and would have been built in 2008. Even if it was built in the summer, it is still not 6 years showing that it should have been replaced per their 50% rule. Also, the manufacture date is printed on the door as August of 2008. This was March of 2013 - 4 years, 7 months old. The second part of this was the headlight. On this car, the bumper needs to come off. I planned on doing this myself since quotes at other shops would have been $100+. VF asked if I wanted this changed with while my oil was changed, I declined because of the other quotes. The girl stated it wouldn't be that much, but I insisted it would take time as the bumper needed to come off. She then put out her hand to shake on a deal for $15 for labor, plus cost of the bulbs which were about $19 a piece. Having said the amount of work needed for this a couple of times, I accepted the deal. In the end, I got charged a LOT more. I understand they need to pay the labor on this, however I was upfront with the work needed, they agreed to ~$53, then charged me more without telling me first. Since I had dropped the car off before hours to pick up after hours, and was having a few other things done, I had put a cushion for the maximum amount to charge for service. This was used against me as they used that to charge me the extra amount. Since then, I have found friends with complaints about VF. Things like breaking multiple lug nuts and leaving caps off. So, I know I'm not the only one. VF has lost my trust.

great sales person and efficient finance team

by from grand rapids mi. |

Actual purchasing was extremly efficient,and my sales person was extremly helpful with my situiation.The best experience i have had buying a car.

Service is Great!

by from Rockford, MI |

We bought a used PT Cruiser, and it was a great experience. Since then, we've been back several times for $15 oil changes and other service. The service dept is very friendly, and takes care of their customers!

March 19, 2013

Thanks a million DHula!! From the VF team

Excellent Car Buying Experience

by from Grand Rapids, MI |

Christian Flikkema helped us get the car we wanted in our price range target . He provided information without high pressure and worked to make it work for us. The whole experience was remarkably smooth and efficient for us in comparison to other car buying experiences.

March 14, 2013

Thanks alot we appreciate the business!

great used car buying experience

by from Wayland, MI |

We are really happy with our 2008 Town and Country. The salesman was really helpful.

March 14, 2013

Thanks for the feedback!!!

Superior customer service and great car selection

by from Cedar Springs MI |

After buying the last two vehicles from VanAndel and Flikkema, we knew that we wanted to purchase the next one there again. They had a great selection of vehicles to choose from, but what stood out the most was our sales person, Bill Beger. He made us feel welcomed right away and was extremely patient and knowledgeable with all the cars in stock. Even though we spent several hours looking and test driving many different vehicles, he never made us feel hurried or pressured to decide one way or the other. My wife and I loved the fact that he was always supportive of our concerns and patiently answered every question we had. The best part was after we decided on the car we wanted, Bill walked us through everything. I highly recommend seeking him out next time you want to buy a car because it is a rare thing to find someone who honestly wants to help you find the right car for you and your happiness with your car decision. BY THE WAY, special high five to the finance department there who worked very hard at getting us a great rate. YOU GUYS ROCK!! I will definitely send my friends your way.

December 8, 2012

Thanks a million John!

Very Welcoming

by from Grand Rapids, Michigan |

This is the first time I've looked at a Jeep and the people at VanAndel

Thank you very much!

Great Service

by from Grand Rapids, MI |

Service department accurately determined issue with my vehicle and repaired in a timely manner. Did not make me feel pressured to complete other services on vehicle that other dealerships and had a friendly atmosphere.

Many Thanks Emilyann2011!!

smooth transaction - easy to work with

by from Grand Rapids |

Purchased a used vehicle from them - felt they were fair in pricing and the salesman was very helpful and easy to work with. Paperwork was handled with efficiency.

December 7, 2012

Your review is appreciated very much!

Car Buying Made Easy

by from Grand Rapids, MI |

Christian Flikkema help me find the perfect car in my price range. He provided quality information without pressure. The whole experience was a pleasure.

December 7, 2012

Thanks a million from Van Andel & Flikkema and Christian!