Liberty Ford

Used 888-896-2250

Baltimore's Premier Ford Dealership

Truth about Liberty

by from Baltimore, MD |

Liberty Ford is not your conventional Ford Branded Store. It's basically a front for a large Subprime operation. I have read several reports in reference of Ed Gelin. Gelin is the Owner! he probably uses GM, President, Manager, Boss, but he indeed is a Owner. Anyone that has any standards would never enter the building. This store preys on the inner city minorities that have really no understanding of customer service or respect. All consumers Beware!

Buy From Another Dealership

by from Stone Mountain, GA |

I purchased a used vehicle from this dealership and dealt with Rodney, a senior sales person, who does not keep his word, avoids customers and does not return calls. I live in Georgia and purchased a used car from the dealership in late March. The experience was not a good one. I believe a man's word should mean something. This is not true in Rodney's cast. I have been calling him over the past month and a half and he has not returned my calls. I also left a message for the general manager and have not received a return call from him. Customer Sercice is the life line of any company. I can not recommend this dealership to anyone. My experience was not a good one. I am old school and believe a man's word should mean something. This is not true in Rodney's case. He has not honored anything he promised he would do or have fixed. Buy from another dealership. Customers are important, should be valued and do not deserve to be lied to or given the run around.

How we were treated at Liberty Ford!

by from Baltimore Maryland |

I did read the bad reviews, but my husband and I decided to go to Liberty Ford anyway. First, my husband spoke to Steve. Steve was the name that he gave on the phone. When we arrived we asked for Steve. Well we never found who Steve was. I should have known then that something was wrong. We had some trade ins..He outed that idea. All he wanted to talk about was how much money do you have. Well , that was the end of that. He just left us standing there, never acknowledging that we were there. I would not recommend Liberty Ford to anyone. A few days later, we went to a known dealership, and we walked out with a brand new car! They also took our cars, and we traded them in.

Unprofessional

by from Baltimore, MD |

Worst dealership I've ever dealt with in my life and I have dealt with a few. Dealer named Byrd didn't give hardly any info as far as pricing and financing and when I question him he put me on hold and talked negatively about me to a customer. Don't be fooled by some of these fake reviews on Google.

Robbed at penpoint

by from washington, dc |

This dealership should be closed down. They will sell you a vehicle knowing the mechanical problems. I had to take them to court to have a court ordered repair. Save yourself the headache, and anywhere else. They will not take care of the consumer. Thumbs down.

Buyer1

by from Randallstown, MD |

I have an issue with my used ford escape purchase. After buying the car the engine light came on with the warning re: the fuel inlet. I've taken it back 3 to 4 times to get it fixed and again after leaving the facility the warning came back on. So, again I have to take it back to get it (fixed) again. I'm getting tired in going back and forth from mont co to randallstown. At least the manager, Steve, is not making me wait for a loaner car, but I'm getting very frustrated.

Bait and switch

by from Annapolis, MD |

Looked up used VW Jetta online and saw a fair price. Had multiple contacts with the dealership and setup an appointment. After taking off work to visit the dealer, I was told that internet price was "contingent" on a trade-in. Amazingly, I reviewed the internet page and there wasn't one mention of "trade". Really disappointed that stuff like this takes place. Very poor customer service. Won't go back or recommend.

What I expected

by from Baltimore, MD |

I only have 1 complaint for this dealership, but I was expecting it. I called 3 dealerships comparing prices. Only 1 of them was straight with me about the price and didn't try to jerk me around when haggling. This is one place that jerked me around and said they could meet my price on the phone. When I showed up the price was completely different. I negotiated with them and got a decent amount off the car with a decent interest rate. It wasn't what I wanted, but it was acceptable. Besides this inconvenience everyone was helpful and even stayed late when I found myself going back to the dealership after finding out my other option at another dealership had sold earlier that day. I called, went back 10 minutes after closing and there were only 3 people left trying to rush me through the paperwork. They were all very friendly and joking around with each other loudly (no other customers were there, so they were allowed to be a little 'crazy'). I'm a firm believer that you need to have certain expectations when going to a dealership (my third experience buying from a dealership), and this experience was better than the first 2 not only because I knew the process but because the people were generally just easier to deal with. The dealership itself is kind of "run-down," but all I really care about is the car and the financing. I'm not buying the dealership - I'm buying the car. Oh, and anyone visiting this dealership, good luck navigating Liberty Road (the traffic is terrible).

The Trade In is a Scam!!!

by from Catonsville, MD |

Liberty Ford says they'll pay $5,000 guaranteed for your trade in. Come to find out the prices on the website is the price after the trade credit (your $5000). Really? So the 2009 Altima 2.5 S listed at $16,900 is after taking off $5000 when Kelly Blue Book is $16,450 in excellent condition? Give me a freaking break! Buyer beware.

Liars

by from Pasadena, MD |

Do not fall for their $5k guaranteed trade-in. I called and spoke with someone about it to get all the facts straight before I ran 40 miles up the beltway, and I was told all I needed to do was spend at least $20k on a new or used car. So I picked out a 2012 Focus for approx $23k. I get there and I'm told that I need to spend the $20k on a used car. So I say ok, lets go look at used cars. Oh the $5k is already adjusted in the listed price! They will tell you what you want to hear until you are sitting there face to face. Don't fall for their gimmick! It's too good to be true!