Sansone Rt 1 Auto Mall

Used 888-385-3453
Service 888-388-6191

A great experience

by from NW Bergen County, NJ |

I recently used TrueCar to buy a new Nissan Rogue. Not only did Sansone have the lowest price (over $1000 lower than the other bids I received), they also provided an outstanding buying experience. Everybody from the salesman to the finance officer was extremely knowledgable and helpful. The combination of outstanding service plus competitive pricing makes this dealer the place to go in New Jersey.

A Nightmare

by from Lowell, MA |

They are horrible with customers service and completing administrative work. Because of this dealership (Mazda) my license was suspended in two states and I have to pay taxes three times. They are incompetent and do not value customers time and money. The worst investment of my life. Do not go here if you do not reside in NJ, you will be screwed and have to spend money every other month because of paperwork they will neglect to do and when you call they will not know who you are.

Stay away from the Toyota Service Center

by from Woodbridge, NJ |

I brought a 2009 Yaris with 60,000 mile service. I had hit nearly every service. Somehow they milked me for $700 worth of repairs. Then against my better judgement I came back for a headlight replacement. They charged me $173 to replace a headlight. That is insane. I am done with their repair service. Avoid them at all costs.

Poor Management and Service

by from Syracuse, NY |

Since the second I was off the lot the dealership has been absolutely useless. I paid extra to have my plates sent to me, and they were delivered a week after my temporary registration expired. I called long before it expired to make sure my plates would be sent. Steve Sears did not return my messages or voice mails. Gary Bregman did not return my messages or voice mails. When I finally got Mr. Bregman on the phone, he was discourteous and unprofessional. In addition, he suggested I drive my car illegally without active registration and I was not inconvenienced by his and his staff's failures to provide a service for which I had paid. Even on a smaller item: I called several times to arrange picking up my floor mats, but when I arrived I waited half an hour and no one seemed to know what I was talking about. This staff does not communicate well and suffers from poor leadership. The buying process was satisfactory. Jose Bustamante is a great sales rep if you absolutely have to go here.

Bad Experiance and Bad Service

by from Somerset, New Jersey |

I Brought Toyota Camry Car from Sanson Auto Mall- Mazda in April 2012, and i just drove the car like 5K miles and then i went for the fist service and oil change, that time I explained all problem i have. At that time, They just told me to wait and they took car for service and took like more then 2 hours for just the oil change and they she said everything is fine no problem. I came back after 1 month for the previous problem continue and become worse then before then she told me the real problem and she gave me $1200 price quote and i surprised with these then I went to Mazda, because I brought the car from Mazda and they said, that's not our responsibility because it is Toyota car, they will solve it. So I really frustrated with their answer and I said I have to talk to manager then they gave me call number for Toyota but he left that office early and then he called me about these on Monday and he is not going to understand the situations and he determined in his mind what to do. I referred to my friend to Sansone to buy car and he brought but then i realize that I have cheated, and will not go over anymore.

bad experience...

by from Paterson, NJ |

Stopped by to check a cx-5, I don't think anybody in that place is aware of customer satisfaction.. Spent around 40 mins in that place on a saturday, a sales person almost got fired, he got yelled at in front of everybody (looked like he forgot to place the dealer plate on a test drive vehicle), other one got a huge lecture again in front of customers.. our sales person was nice but it was obvious he was feeling the pressure.. and then there was those weird looking guys, not sales people but totally part of the event, for a while i thought they were shooting "scarface 2"... be aware if things work that way in that location, how hard would they try to make customers happy...

email spammer

by from New York |

I priced out a Hyundai Sonata within a 50 mile radius of NYC and one of them was Sansones. Though I didn't buy from them or even visit the showroom, I get endless emails from them despite asking to be removed from their email list. From the time I priced out a car online and submitted my email address, I get 1 email or more per day from Bernadette Cahir bcahir@sansoneauto.com. So if you're considering buying from them use a spam email account and be warned of their annoying tactics.

Questionable Dealership

by from New York |

I looked at the reviews of this Toyota dealership before I went there. First contact was Ms. Gonzalez (Internet sales specialist) was so nice, I thought the reviews were just bad examples and should be overlooked. I was sadly mistaken. Came in and worked with a salesperson who was nice enough. When it came to talking price, the sales manager Albert came into the picture and started playing the "bad guy" to the salesperson "good guy". Would you believe they tacked on $1,200 more to the internet asking price from the start. Made it so hard to negotiate a fair price for the vehicle. Sales manager basically insulted me saying I was wrong and he was right. My issue was the car was vehicle was near enough to the $90K recommended service. Manager stated there was no reason to perform such service. "Would I change tires on a car that didn't need new tires" Well no, but if a timing belt is recommended to be changed, then it should be. Right? With no warranty I wanted to make sure vehicle would be safe for me to drive without issues. Wouldn't negotiate at all regarding this issue. In fact, berating me saying I wouldn't get a deal like this ANYWHERE. Well it left me no recourse but to leave without buying the vehicle. Heed the warnings of reviews is my lesson learned. There are other used cars and other Toyota dealerships.

some things never change at Sansone

by from monroe, NJ |

I was in market for new Hyundai. Save time, I filled out credit app online. Spoke to the "internet" manager. She reassured me I was pre-approved. The internet manager passed me off to floor manager, who in turn passed me off to floor salesperson. They had no record of my application. after filling new app, was told it would be impossible to finance me. Unless, I could come up with 7 or 8k for downpymt. What a waste of time! Anything to get you inside door.

Check it out

by from Highland park, NJ |

I got a 2012 Toyota Camry for a good price!! and the services are really good!! they treat the customers good and explains everything well!! totally recommended

Dishonest and Disrespectful Dealership

by from New Jersey |

We were in the market for a new RAV4 for my parents so we tried using the internet to contact multiple dealers within a short period of time. I thought this would save us time and money. Sansone gave us a great deal online so proceeded to meet with the salesperson in person. When we got there, the internet salesperson was a no show and we were greeted by another salesperson who seemed to be the total opposite of the polite person we dealt with online. The great deal given to us online was quickly thrown out the window. The new salesman proceeded to treat us as if we just walked in without prior agreement with the dealership. After spending some time with him, we gave up and told him that we are no longer interested with dealing with Sansone. That's when a manager almost tripped himself stopping us from exiting the door. I thought things were about to change. Sure enough, things changed from bad to the worst. The manager was a total jerk. He took out a blank sheet of paper and started throwing numbers from nowhere. Another 1/2 hour gone by so I told him that enough is enough. We already had a deal with one of their representative and that's what we came in for. I told him that it's fine if they can't give it to us as we have other dealers in line and wouldn't want to waste any more of our time and his. That's when he got so disrespectful and continued to insult us as if we have no idea about car buying. We have been buying cars for ages. Anyway, he said something to my Mom which I can't mention here. By this time, we just walked out and filed a complaint with Toyota Motors Corp. End of story. Sorry for the rant. I would advise potential buyers against Sansone. We have since bought our Toyotas from East Coast Toyota. Oh what a feeling!