Nelson Mazda

9902 S. Memorial Drive, Tulsa, OK 74133

New 866-747-3661
Used 866-609-2633
Service 888-471-0155

"We'll Make A Believer Out of You"

Mazda5

by from Little Rock, AR |

I had a bad experience trying to purchase a Mazda5 through Crain Mazda in Little Rock. I contacted Nelson Mazda in Tulsa and it was the best new car buying experience I have had. They were friendly and easy to work with. Much better than Crain Mazda!!!

Nelson Mazda responded to this review

June 25, 2012

Great!! We are so excited to hear you had a great experience!! We always do our very best to make a believer out of everyone....We look forward to serving you again in the future!! Enjoy your new Mazda 5!!!

Broken Windshield

by from Tulsa, OK |

I brought my car in for a diagnostic of the rain sensor (2009 Mazda 6). About 15-20min while waiting in their facility they came to me and said the rear view mirror broke off the windshield (area where the mirror is located). They claimed they were not responsible - that the windshield was not a Mazda part and that the glass was faulty (windshield was replaced in January for $470). They refused to do the diagnostic (reasoning some type of futility) and insisted I buy a Mazda certified windshield ($671) because the windshield I had was inferior to what they use (despite the fact my glass came from the same place they get theirs - just no Mazda logo). 1) My rear view mirror was fully intact and functioning normally upon my arrival at the dealership. 2) The rear view mirror did not need to be touched in order to check the sensor. 3) No attempt to apologize was offered, they simply shifted the blame to an inanimate object and trusted in my ignorance to absolve them from their mistake. 4) They refused to do the diagnostic, which could have been done without the windshield in it's entirety (separate part removable from the windshield). This is directly from the Mazda website: At Nelson Auto Group We Believe! We believe our customers are the most important part of our business. We believe we should treat them the way we want to be treated. Therefore, we will endeavor 100% of the time to satisfy our customer's needs. We will maintain the highest levels of integrity and professionalism in every area of our business - that is our customer's right to expect, and our privilege to provide. We will be committed to the growth of our company and, therefore, each individual who faithfully invests their best efforts in the pursuit of these goals. - See more at: http://www.nelsonmazdaok.com/new-mazda-dealer-tulsa-ok/our-mission-statement.html#sthash.nflcdPe8.dpuf I asked for a diagnostic. Not only did they not perform the scheduled diagnostic, they broke my windshield, failed to take responsibility for their actions, and left me without a rearview mirror (safety hazard). Conclusion: Mazda has failed in its mission to provide good customer service or attempt to meet my needs as defined by it mission statement. The responsible thing would have been to admit the mistake and replace the windshield. So as to deflate any attempt to dismiss my complaint, the glass company I initially used is providing proper customer service and replacing the windshield at not charge to me. This only applies to the Tulsa dealer.

Great experience! & We didn't make a deal.

by from Omaha, NE |

Ask for Ian! I don't live in Tulsa & I was just in town for the weekend. I went to look at a used car that they had sold before I got to town. I was disappointed because I knew the same model new was most likely going to be out of my price range, however Ian tried extremely hard to make things work. Although we couldn't come to terms, I can say Ian is one of if not the most genuine car sales consultants that I've ever dealt with. I wish he worked where I live so I could deal with him more often. The sales manager (can't remember his name) was also extremely pleasant to deal with. This unsuccessful experience was more pleasant that most if not all my successful car deals! I would recommend Ian to anyone looking for a Mazda if you live in or are visiting the Tulsa area. You won't regret it.

will never go there again!!

by from tulsa.ok |

thought we were getting an honest car deal and found out later that we had been lied to about the condition of the car we were buying. weve been owners of this car for almost a week and its been in the shop since we bought it. we were told that a pump was put in and come to find out it was never put in so when we had to take the car back because of a transmission leak (which was less than 24 hours after we bought it) and thats been 5 days ago!! i feel as if weve been taken advantage of and i know we were lied to. this is a very bad business tactic and i hope other people will read this and think twice before dealing with this dealership and its salesmen .

Amazing customer service! Great pricing/financing!

by from Bentonville, AR |

Everyone that I spoke to was extremely friendly and personable! I arrived a bit after 8PM with the intention on purchasing a Mazdaspeed 3 they had on the lot. Dean was willing to take us on an extended test drive, even so close to closing time. He was extremely knowledgeable about the car and its history (it had been serviced there since it was new). Dean and CJ were very willing to work with me to meet my payment goal and to make me as happy as possible. Everyone was extremely positive and understanding about everything and answered all of my questions! CJ, Dean, and Tom all stayed with us until almost 11PM to get the keys in my hand that night (2-hour drive from home). Also, thanks to Megan for making a phone call to me so quickly after my inquiry submission on Cars.com! This team definitely defies the typical car dealership staff, and that is a very good thing! I will be stopping by for a visit next time I'm in Tulsa!

Internet sales

by from Wagoner,OKK |

Eric with the internet sales staff was quick to call me regarding my questions. The vehicle he had was a good deal. He had all the info on it that I needed. I will keep this dealership in mind in the future.

I normally HATE car salesmen! Not now!

by from Jenks, ok |

Drove in looking for a good used car. Four hours later we had purchased the car my wife was wishing for. Sales person was fairly new but communicated the product very well. General Sales Manager can on the scene and we felt like we were old friends. This facility is full of good men that happen to sale cars for a living. From the GM to the Finance Manager, we felt warmth and honesty. Remember I am a person that does NOT like to talk with sales people and I'd drop in there anytime to chat. They were more than willing to make us feel good about being there and buying a car from them. They gave use more than I expected for the trade in, too. Bottom line is if I purchase another vehicle in the near future, it will be from Nelson Madza!

Great Overall experience

by from tulsa, ok |

We came in because or 2000 Protege was acting strange. We soon discovered the engine has severe issues so we determined we should get a new vehicle. Doug Green has been totally Great!!!He made the process so easy and not stressful.

Good experince buying a used non-mazda at Nelson

by from Oklahoma city, Oklahoma |

I looked and looked for a used Honda S2000 there arent very many out there. Some are over priced. But gladly I found this one in Tulsa. I contacted the online people they were easy and low pressure they answered all my questions friday morning. I went and got preapproved at the credit union I regularly use. That same evening I drove from OKC to Tulsa. I arrived 14 minutes till 9 and they close at 9. Well I was still kindly greeted by salesman Adrian, he took the time to show me car and we went on a 10 minute test drive. We came back in to the dealership and some people were not excited that i was there so late in the evening. But ALL of them were professional and courteous. I showed the manager i was serious on making the purchase and they gave me their bottom dollar price. We agreed. By then it was 1010pm. I left headed back to OKC withouth the car : ( but with a purchase agreement to show the credit union. Next day Saturday I drove back to Tulsa check in hand to finalize the purchase. To my surprise the dealership was jumping (really busy). Adrian greeted me as soon as i walked in. We worked on few papers manager came out and thank us for coming back and offerd to help if we needed anything else. I was out in 1 hour. It was easy and fast. Dealership is nicely done with complimentary drinks and snacks. They also have video games and plenty of tv's for the little ones. Good price on the vehicle I purchased and easy transaction for them and for me.

2009 Dodge Challenger SRT

by from Wagoner OK |

Very impressed with the low key, low pressure approach. Very knowlegeable about the car (Very unusal for most car salepeople especially since this was 1. A used car,2 Not their product.). Tim is a great sales person, and the whole staff from Manager to finance was really AWSOME!! I can't speak for their service yet as I haven't brought the car back yet, but if its half of what the sales folks are I will be a very happy camper!!

Excellent dealership in every possible way.

by from Tulsa, Ok |

I spent 15 years in the car business. started as a salesperson, and held every position from sales manager to finance to general manager. this dealership is an excellent example of the best one can expect in a buying experience. I found the vehicle I was interested in on the internet and contacted the internet consultant to check availability. he quickly checked and called me back. set an appointment, and had a sales representative call me to confirm. Tim had the vehicle ready and waiting when I got there, and was a truly pleasant, attentive, and professional salesman. David George whom I have met in the past did a great job in directly helping arrange my financing and is a great representative of your dealership. C.J. handled my paperwork. again very friendly and professional. I know many people in the industry in this area. there isn't another dealership I would recommend family or friends than Nelson Mazda. thanks for the great service. David Geiger