Toyota of Des Moines

1650 SE 37th St, Grimes, IA 50111

New 866-211-0357 New866-211-0357
Used 888-371-5201 Used888-371-5201
Service 888-247-9585 Service 888-247-9585

The only deal we can't take is the one we don't see

Best car buying experience

by from Des Moines, IA |

First time buying a Toyota/Scion and was blown away by how easy and nice the staff was. Steve Henigan and the rest of the crew have me the best trade in, best price on the new car, and I was in and out in less than an hour.

January 18, 2016

Hi CK, thanks for taking the time to share your experience at Toyota of Des Moines. We appreciate your business and the kind words. Enjoy the new car!

Flew in from CA, bought a Tacoma

by from Los Angeles, CA |

I purchased a certified preowned Toyota Tacoma from TDM. As I flew in from out of state, I had no opportunity to inspect or drive the vehicle prior to purchase. I would highly recommend their CPO program; the vehicle was in excellent condition. Mike in Internet sales was helpful and professional. Overall my experience with TDM was very positive. They even came and picked me up from the airport! Thanks for helping me make the trip a successful one guys!

December 13, 2015

Hi Robert, thanks for sharing your feedback. We appreciate your kind words and your business. Thanks for choosing Toyota of Des Moines. Enjoy the Toyota Tacoma!

Great service, great cars, very easy to deal with

by from Grimes, Iowa |

I purchased my car today from Toyota of Des Moines. The process was very quick and easy. The selection of cars was great. They worked with me on the price. Overall, this was one of my easiest car buying experiences.

December 13, 2015

Thanks for sharing your feedback here on Cars.com. We believe the car buying experience should be quick, easy and fun! Enjoy your new car and thank you for your business.

Honest & genuine approach to customer satisfaction

by from Ames, IA |

Thanks to Steve Henigan I have faith in car salesman once again. I have purchased many cars and can be somewhat picky. With all of that Steve treated me like a valued customer, even when purchasing a used vehicle. I also felt that he was so honest and refreshing to work with. Steve was always timely in dealing with us. I couldn't have asked for more perfect experience. I have to say even the gentleman who helped us with our pick up treated us with the utmost respect. He spent a good amount of time with us explaining features in our vehicle and asked if we had any questions. All in all I loved my experience at Toyota of Des Moines and will most definitely go back as well as tell others about what a great place it is!!!!

December 13, 2015

Hi Jennifer, thank you for the kind words and thank you for choosing Toyota of Des Moines. We appreciate your business.

Excellent Knowledge and Service

by from West Des Moines, IA |

Thanks to Steve Henigan and the team at Toyota of Des Moines, my experience in purchasing a 2016 Camry Hybrid was wonderful! As a single woman in my late 60's, I had concerns about making the right decision for me. I travel a lot to see grandkids in other states and I wanted a car that would get good gas mileage and that I would feel safe driving in all types of weather. Steve listened and assured me that I could even handle the Ruby Red exterior. :-) I've been a long time customer of Toyota of Des Moines and have always felt they had my best interest at heart. Thanks again for providing great service and a great price!!

December 13, 2015

Thank you Carolyn for taking the time to share your feedback. We appreciate your business. Congrats on the Ruby Red 2016 Camry Hybrid. It's a great choice!

Lack of attention to detail

by from Ankeny, IA |

Definitely well below the standards of customer service I grew to enjoy from previous Toyota dealerships. The issues I have had show a consistent pattern of lack of attention to detail and probably a dealership more interested in running through as many vehicles as possible as opposed to doing a high quality job. Each of the following items have occurred on multiple occasions in the 2 years I have used them: No call advising when car is ready. Call to service adviser goes to voice mail with no return call. Call to service desk rolls to voice mail with no return call. Voice mail to adviser requesting shuttle pickup never returned nor shuttle sent. The shuttle service is nice but appears to be grossly understaffed based on the number of people needing it at peak times. It is common to sit around for 30+ minutes for a ride if you drop off 1st thing in the morning like tons of people do. It rarely leaves on time and at some of the stated times no shuttle is anywhere to be found. Really hard to understand when the parking lot is full of vehicles and a gaggle of sales people just standing around drinking coffee. After many visits I found out from a co-worker that they do supposedly give car washes after servicing your vehicle. I found that puzzling as I had never received one. When I asked a service adviser he said, "You have to ask for a car wash" Not a single person in 2 years ever offered or told me they even had a car wash!! I purchased an extended warranty for my 2012 RAV 4 and was told "all recommended maintenance would be included" but twice I have been told things specifically listed in the owners manual are not covered and would be a separate fee. Took to another Toyota dealership and they did the exact same items work for free. All these little annoying items led me to skip over this dealership when shopping for a new vehicle and buy from my Sienna somewhere else. Dear Toyota: Please, please, please do us all a favor and put another dealership in the Des Moines metro area. This one is dragging your good name down and driving to 40 miles Ames for all our service is just a little too far.

December 13, 2015

Hello and thank you for your feedback. I apologize for the disappointing experience and I assure you it is not typical for our dealership. Please let us know If you would like to discuss in person. Call Ray Murphy, General Manager at (515) 276-4911 or Phil Gronewold, Service Manager at (515)276-4912.

Poor service.

by from Des Moines, IA |

The service center at this dealership is beyond awful. The pricing is way too high for the subpar service and incredibly lengthy wait time. I do not recommend coming here for service ever. There is no reason to come all the way out to this dealership just to get overpriced subpar service.

June 27, 2015

Thank you for taking time to share your thoughts. We always try to deliver an exceptional experience and regret that you were disappointed. Please call me directly if you would like to provide more details. Ray Murphy, General Manager (515) 276-4911

Quick response & great customer service!

by from Urbandale, ia |

Shane was very helpful and prompt in replying to my questions. We are very pleased with our car and the process!

June 27, 2015

Courtney, thanks for taking time to share your experience here on Cars.com. Enjoy your new car!

Helped me with find a used car

by from Des Moines, Iowa |

Steve Henigan kept an eye on inventory and notified me when a certain used Camry came in. The car is just what was needed. The asking price on this car with a great history and low mileage was less than KBB stated was the average. Furthermore, even though the vehicle passed it's pre-certification inspection, the asking price was below the pre-certified car price as well. Steve even made sure that the new tires put on the vehicle before closing the deal were Bridgestone rather than some no-name close-out brand.

May 18, 2015

Thanks for sharing your experience here on Cars.com. We're glad you found just the right car for your son and we appreciate your business.

Excellent car buying experience

by from Urbandale,IA |

Steve Henigan helped us in the lease of our 4Runner and was extremely helpful and genuine. I would highly highly recommend him if you want someone who is not out for a sale but is really trying to help you find the right vehicle for you. He is a breath of fresh air in the car sales industry!

May 18, 2015

Thanks Rachel_b95 for sharing your experience buying from Toyota of Des Moines. We agree Steve Henigan is one of the best! Enjoy the new 4Runner.