Stivers Ford Lincoln

1450 Hickman Rd, Waukee, IA 50263

Used 515-987-7238 Used515-987-7238

Service

by from Waukee, Ia |

I was working with a Chevy dealer that I trust even though I have a ford. When they could not figure out what was wrong with my car they took it to Stivers. It was saying "check charging system" and periodically all my gauges would shut off and I could not use my windshield whipers when this would happen. I had suspected that the alternator was not working, but they know better than me so it needed to be checked. Stivers checked it out said it was a multi-function switch, and I was happy because it was going to be cheaper than I had originally thought. They told me the charges and I agreed to have it fixed. This round was about 250. I get my car back and drive not even a mile down the road and it happens again. NOT FIXED. I call the chevy dealer and told them it is not fixed and had to take it back in. This time they believe that it is the cluster - they could not get the whipers to stop working even though I know it happened to me. This time they say that it is the cluster. We did suspect this before but I was told we would not change it until it completely went out. My RPM never worked but everything else did most of the time. They told me the problem and told me the price and I agreed. So another 550 later it is fixed this time. I get my car back and then I drive into work the next morning. Took my car back at 8 pm Friday, 7:45 am Saturday morning it does it again. I took a video because they are missing something. This whole time the problem never changed it was exactly the same. So we take it back in. This time they decide to fill it up with gas and drive it around because they don't know and it is still happening. I talk to the chevy dealer after Stivers has had it about a week and he said "they think it is the alternator." He never told me the price ans asked if I wanted to go ahead with the repairs like he did with the other two times. Which both times I had consulted in family members for repair costs. So about a week after that it is working still and I get my car back. I was again never told price or anything I was under the impression that they were paying for it because they did not fix it the first two times. Yes, this could be my mistake for not asking but I can not understand how you can charge another $300 and not the the consumer know the price. Also to top things off when I get in my car the third time my gas light was on - (took it to them with a half tank) and they left me SEVEN MILES TO EMPTY! My car tells me this so I do know exactly how many miles I had left. They tell me that I am responsible for the $300 even though I was not made aware of the charges. If this happened in my office it would not fly. I let all of my consumers know the price before they get charged. Needless to say I will not be going back there for service, to buy a car or anything! I will tell my friends as well.

They don't negotiate

by from Waukee, IA |

I tried to work with Stiver's on Ford Mustang but they do not negotiate. They low-balled me on my trade and would not come up - without any reason or information to back up their offer. I was told I didn't "understand" their offer - which is completely insulting, as I am a buyer for a living. Here's the long and short of it: I found a car with CS package, navigation, and other accessories for LESS than what they wanted to sell me the car they had - using the exact same trade in. They have a beautiful building, and now I know how they got it, by not selling at market pricing.