Carsmart Sales

Used 888-270-0673

The Smart Mart

**Great Experience**

by from Rockford, IL |

I purchased a car from Carsmart and am very happy with the experience. I was told all the needed details and the title and license transfer was seamless. I would recommend anyone needing an inexpensive car to take a look.

never buy a car there!!!!!!

by from Rockford |

NO STARS !!! I bought a 2002 Jeep Grand Cherokee from them in January of 2014. By February I started having engine problems so I called them and they recommended there mechanic to take care of it..... well they patched it up because the "rocker arm" just fell off? I had a warranty and they said it wasn't covered (even though the paperwork said it was!!) so by march I actually took it to a Jeep dealership and that is when the told me the engine was garbage!!!! I had to replace an engine on a vehicle I bought just a few months prior!!!? NEVER AGAIN!!!!!!

Carsmart Sales responded to this review

January 25, 2015

We were shocked to read this review a year after the purchase. Carsmart Sales makes every effort to sell good vehicles. Unforeseen problems do occur with used vehicles (especially with 140000 miles). We also make every effort to assist customers after the purchase if they are unhappy. We did not know of any problems with this Jeep or we wouldn't have sold it. We definitely were not made aware of this situation or we also would have assisted this customer with her repair.

I bought two cars from this dealer.

by from Roscoe Il |

I bought a Nison ultama. My granddaughter is still driving it a year later. No problem other than new tires.i bought a Focus for a grandson and he too is happy with the car. He has had one problem that was common to a Focus, but he is still happy with the car. I looked at another Nison but the dealer told me the convertor needed to be replaced and he could not sell it until he had time to replace it. I would buy other cars from him if I had a need. I thanked him for informing me about the problem.

good experience buying used car

by from Rockford, Il |

Bought a used car for or son at carsmart.He was honest about every car hat we looked at. Car w e-mailed him about was not on lot when we arrived. It was out for repair due to horrible weather we were experiencing. Test drove about 5 cars and selected one, prices were very good compared to other dealers in area.

not convenient hours

by from Freeport IL |

I found several cars on cars.com from Carsmart Sales but when I searched their website for the hours they are open, the hours weren't listed. We traveled from 45 minutes away and looked at a few other dealerships but Carsmart Sales wasn't open so they didn't get our cash business.

Good cars for a great price.

by from Rockford |

Bought a Ford Taurus whose air was not blowing cold. Before buying we mentioned that the air was not cold and they fixed it before we took possession. Was a great running car. Would buy again from this dealer. Reasonably priced cars.

Honest, frank, good deals

by from Milwaukee |

I bought a Saturn from Carsmart Sales with cash. Simple, straightforward deal. They were very honest about the car I was getting, especially the weak spots -- faulty air conditioning and leaky sunroof. Offered a deal on getting the air conditioning fixed, and walked us through other issues. Great price allowed me to get the work done by my neighborhood mechanic at a comparable price. No attempt to bamboozle, misdirect or throw smoke. We were told exactly what we were getting and considered it a good, honest deal.

Never Heard from Carsmart & Don't Want to Now

by from Chicago (but visit Rockford area regularly) |

As I recall, I never got a response from Carsmart Sales, after I emailed them through Cars.com to ask about a car they were selling. So, I would rate them low and likely look to other car sellers for my next car. In fact, my search for a car continues today.

Carsmart Sales responded to this review

May 12, 2012

Carsmart Sales makes every effort to call back leads. Your email possibly went to our spam folder thus we never saw it. Sorry for any inconvenience.