Hummel's Nissan

Service 877-281-8361

Iowa's # 1 Nissan Dealer

Great experience!

by from Adel, IA |

First time shopping exclusively online and the experience went very smoothly. No hassle, courteous and quick!

leasing a Nissan vehicle

by from Indianola Iowa |

I just recently had a pre inspection done on my leased vehicle and was really shocked by the information after it! first Jeff the inspector received the wrong information from Nissan Motor acceptance program for the lease of the vehicle. In which Jeff was extremely upset and took it inside my wife's business were she works. I originally wanted them to come to my house to look at the vehicle but it was going to be 2 weeks away so I chose the vehicle to be shown at her place of work in which I told Nissan that. Jeff wrote the inspection down charging me with excessive rock chips. Believe it or not this was the most extensive repair on the list. The rude inspector told me I was allowed 10 rock chips. I'm not picking apart the whole inspection that's not the point of this. I called the Nissan Motor acceptance program and they told me that there wasn't anything I can do about it to dispute the issue. I have least all my vehicles through Honda and Chevy and I have never had a problem they have always gave me allowances. I have dealt with Nissan a lot and I would never ever recommend leasing a vehicle through them.

Extremely Positive Experience at Hummel's Nissan

by from Runnells, Iowa |

I had an extremely positive experience at Hummel's Nissan in Des Moines, Iowa. This dealership employs excellent staff (sales, service, finance and office personnel). In my opinion this dealership is the best in town. Mark Hummel and Perry Hummel are awesome sales consultants. Kevin Hummel heads up Service and Repair and his associate Tom Briel are personable, knowledgeable and explain service questions so a regular layman can understand. The Finance Department makes it possible to be able to purchase the vehicle you have chosen. Great buying options and lots of incentives. In fact, I went into Hummel's today to service my 2013 Rogue/white (love that car!) and had a great chat with Kevin and Tom. No matter how busy they may be, they always take time out to talk and ask if you have any questions or concerns about your vehicle. While waiting for the oil change, etc to be done, I wandered out into the sales lot outside and fell in love with the 2015 Rogue - this time in black. I went to the Sales Department and was introduced to Charlie Broderick, one of their most recent sales consultants they added to their team. He sold me on that car. Charlie answered all my questions and then some I had not thought to ask. Mark assisted in this transaction and worked with Finance to offer me buying options that I would be comfortable with. I met with Marcy Davis, Finance Manager and she was so personable and competently completed all the paperwork that needed to be done. Working with all three of these great individuals, I bought my 2015 Rogue today! It was such a smooth and worry free experience, that I was even able to leave with my new car today. Absolutely amazing! I strongly suggest that anyone looking for a new or pre-owned vehicle to go to Hummel's Nissan. There is a vehicle for everyone and so affordable you feel confident that you received the best offer that was available and in the price range you could afford. I won't go anywhere but Hummel's.

Very satisfied customer

by from Urbandale, Iowa |

Just purchased a new 2015 Sentra at Hummel's. It was a great experience, from salesperson to finance department. Car was ready for pick up and the paperwork went smoothly. I would highly recommend Hummel's to anyone in the market for a new or used vehicle.

Reputable Dealer

by from Urbandale, IA |

Just purchased my 6th Nissan from Hummel's. They know I don't like high pressure and I feel they give me a fair deal. I have always had good service with my cars, when I did have a problem they worked with me to fix it with the manufacturer's warranty. As a member of the same community I also appreciate that they support local charities and schools from surrounding communities. I knew William Hummel, his son, Mark is keeping the tradition going.

Honest, trustworthy and a pleasure to work with!

by from Des Moines, IA |

Leased another Nissan from Hummel's, got a great deal as usual. This dealership has been in business for years and I am one of many repeat customers. New young salesmen, Charlie, helped us out this time, loved his bow tie!

Worst Experiance ever

by from Ankeny IA |

I went to Hummel's in Des Moines on Merle Hay road Saturday around 3:30 in the afternoon. I had spoke to a salesman on the phone prior to even going to the dealership. I spoke with a gentlemen named Thomas. Thomas was very helpful and very considerate when helping me. My interest was in the 2014 Maxima SV, after test driving it , I was very impressed with the car , but I wanted to test drive something as well, so Thomas showed me another car , the Altima, again I test drove it and when I returned to the dealership I was approached by a different salesman. When he introduced himself, I ask him where Thomas went, he stated that Thomas had to go prepare a car for a customer. This was not a problem, until we started talking and I almost felt like this guy was basically feeding me a bunch of numbers and garbage that he thought I might not understand. I told him that this was not my first time purchasing a brand new car, in fact I drove into the dealership in my 2014 Kia Optima. I also made him very aware of the fact that just because I am a women and im by myself doesn't mean I don't understand the way this works. That being said the number he quoted me was not even close to the numbers I had spoke to Thomas about. There for I said this price will not work for me and that he could go back to his numbers guy and maybe try to come a little closer to what I was looking for. I waited in the showroom for him and I over heard him make some comments that were rather rude, considering I was there to purchase a brand new car from them. Rather then to come back out and maybe discuss another number, a different man walked out. He introduced himself as Randy, and very rudely and rather loudly said , that to bad that the numbers he gave me wasn't going to work and that was the best he could do. Mind you this was in front of other customers and he was loud and short with me. I asked him if he would like to maybe go in to an office and discuss this, and he said sure I guess we can if you want..., We stepped into an empty office, (not randys office) and he sat down and said that he couldn't do anything for me and that the one number he came to me with was the only number he had for me. I then asked him if he would even like to get the papers that had the numbers on it and talk about it. Very RUDELY he said well I guess ij can, but that's not going to changer my offer. When he returned I explained to him that I understand the concept of standing your ground and trying to get the best price out of the customers, but I also know that we as the customers want to get the best price as well. And so we negotiate prices. This did not happen, in fact I was shut down immediately and told this was the only offer he would be making me and that he was sorry but that's all he could do. This was very shocking to me and very upsetting considering that I came in there expecting to drive home in my new car. I then told him that if this was the way they did every customer , offered them ONE price and would not negotiate at all, well then they would never sell cars from that car lot. The more I tried to reason with RANDY, the ruder and shorter he became with me. So I said Thanks and I left. When leaving I ran in to Thomas and I told him thanks for the great customer service and for being so knowledgeable about he car and products I was interested in , but unfortunately this wasn't going to work for me. He seemed a little surprised, and I explained to him that Randy was not willing to negotiate any pricing at all, and that he was rude and short with me, Thomas apologized to me and asked if he went and talked to him, could he maybe call me on Monday. I responded with yes , but considering the way I was treated I highly doubt I would be purchasing a car from this dealership due to the way I was treated. Im sure this is a great place to but a new car, but one person had to ruin it for me, and that's to bad , they could have sold another car that day.......

Hummel's Nissan responded to this review

March 19, 2015

We are sorry that you feel your recent trip to our dealership was less than satisfactory.  However, as discussed on Saturday, we are unable to discount the 2014 Nissan Maxima any further than already discounted.  Because it is a 2014 model, factory and dealership discounts totaling $7,500 off the MSRP have already been applied upfront.  There are no further discounts or rebates available on that vehicle. We know that the lowest price we could offer on the 2014 Maxima did not meet your monthly payment objectives, and you were not interested in exploring a different model.  Unfortunately, sometime mathematical limitations make it impossible to get the vehicle at the monthly payment you desire.  We are also sorry if you mistook our inability to lower the price for rudeness.  We value our customers and that is never our intent.

Horrible Service for Repairs

by from West Des Moines, IA |

I purchased a 2012 Nissan Maxima brand new from Nissan in 2012. The first problem I had with it was this month when a headlight went out. I stopped by an auto parts store to get a new bulb and the manager there (after reviewing my car with me) told me the light should be covered under warranty so I should take it to the dealership, which I did two days later. I dropped my car off and about an hour later one of the service people called and said I had a broken light. I told them not to fix it and I would look at it when I got there. When I got there, the bottom of the headlight under the headlight that was out was completely broken. I told the service people that was not the case two days ago when I took the car to the auto parts store. They replied "This is how you brought it to us." I asked to speak to the manager and I explained the situation and showed him the car and he responded (after discussing with the service people, cause he hasn't seen my car at all yet) "You brought it in like that." They also did not fix the other light that was out and should have been covered under warranty cause they said it was the wiring causing the light to go out. At that point I told them to put my car back together and I was leaving. I took my car back to the auto parts store where the manager had just reviewed the headlights two days prior and he confirmed the light was not broken. He also offered to have Nissan call him and gave me his card. He also pointed out that my bumper was not put back on properly. And that as far as the original light that was out, it doesn't matter if it's the wiring or the bulb, the whole thing should be covered under warranty. After all of this I called the corporate office for Nissan and they also did nothing to fix my car and said the dealerships are privately owned and there's nothing they can do. I would not recommend buying a Nissan after this experience, but if you do, NEVER take it to Hummel's for repairs, even if it is still under warranty. They broke my headlight, lied about it, and refused to fix it. And I have an independent witness.

Don't Purchase a Vehicle Here

by from Des Moines, Iowa |

I would highly recommend a Nissan Product. However, after purchasing several vehicles from Hummel's over the years, I was extremely disappointed at the way I was treated most recently. Hummel's touted customer loyalty to me, however none was shown to me during my attempt to purchase a vehicle. I would not recommend this dealer. There are a number of other Nissan dealers you can choose from.

Satisfied Customer

by from Des Moines, IA |

Thank you for a quick, courteous, hassle free transaction. Worked with me in attempts to get the deal done. I was able to test drive vehicle by myself, which I appreciate. They didn't waste a bunch of my time.

Looking for Best Price on a New Frontier 4dr 4wd

by from West Des Moines |

Mr. Miller was quite pleasant and not too pushy. He gave me a good price and we will let him sharpen his pencil a bit to get us a better price.