Ramsey Auto Center

Service 866-591-1095

Serving Iowa since 1946

Awesome Buying Experience

by from Monroe, Iowa |

Bill Hudash was very personable and not pushy. I bought a van to donate to charity and would purchase from them again. Everyone very friendly. Traded in a recently purchased car and Bill came downtown to pickup that title from me. Van had vibration in rear brakes and they fixed it the next day. Very enjoyable experience with this dealership. Would definite "buy" online again.

UPDATE :June 8th review by Jason from Lawrence

by from Lawrence, KS |

This is an update to my June 8th review. After speaking with the dealership manager and Bill directly I am changing my review to 5 stars. Although I never did buy a car from this dealership the follow-up they did to address my original concerns have been resolved, and after even more review the it sounds like the problem I was having was technical and outside of their control. I consider the matter resolved and would have no problems buying a car from this dealership should another one come on the market I like.

Great at frist, then they stopped calling

by from Lawrence, KS |

I inquired thru Cars.com about a 2011 R/T Interceptor. I have a 2010 SXT Charger and was looking to upgrade. At first communication was great between me and Bill Hudash. We exchanged phones and emails and we got to the point where I sent him photos of my car, VIN #, maintenance history, etc., as he did on the car I was looking at. He said he would take the information to someone else and get back with me on a ballpark range for my trade. I wasn't holding him to exact figures as he hadn't seen my car in person but I needed a general price range as his car was 2 1/2 hours away. I didn't want to waste anyone's time and make the trip if it wasn't workable. In any case that's where the communication ended. He never returned my emails or calls after that. I don't know if my trade didn't have enough value as I pay more each month, he had another buyer that was more local, what? I know it wasn't my credit, but to just drop me? That's unprofessional. I will buy my next car elsewhere.

Best experience I've had buying a car

by from Iowa City, IA |

Incredible experience at Ramsey. I worked with Leslie Umbaugh via e-mail on negotiating a fair price, came in for a test drive, signed the deposit paperwork. When the car arrived (after a false start due to a crazy storm that came through town), came back in with my wife, we signed the paperwork, wrote the check, and off we drove. I've bought cars, both used and new, and this was, by far, the best experience I've had doing it. Zero high-pressure sales tactics (the Forester sold itself, to be honest), no insane hidden fees, no runaround with pressuring into upsales I didn't want or need. They gave me a very fair trade-in value on my previous vehicle, and were very responsive in the final wrap-up stages of my auto purchase. I can't think of a single thing I'd have changed about my car buying experience, and will be recommending everyone head to Ramsey if they're looking for a new vehicle. (and yes, I know this sounds like a commercial, but I'm actually just that excited that I found a dealership that doesn't try to nick/dime and scam you out of every last penny!)

Very thorough!! Great experience!

by from Norwalk, Iowa |

I already funded my purchase through USAA, most dealerships aren't too happy about that when you come in and want to buy a car. This was so easy!! Very nice and accommodating! I will go back for my next vehicle and highly recommend people to go check them out!!

awesome customer services

by from Ames, Iowa |

Jeremy drove the car to ME b/c I am pregnant and tired...AMAZING customer service here......

06 Buick purchase

by from Urbandale , Ia |

Salesman, sales Mgr, and Finance Mgr were very good to work with, purchase went very smooth. Thank you

Poor service. VERY PUSHY!

by from DES MOINES, IA |

I had been looking for a used Impreza and found the one that fit me perfect. It looked great! Like new! Until the day i went to sign for it. It had stormed that day and had almost 250 GOLF BALL sized dents on it. They parked it in the shop under no lights and almost couldn't see the dents. I asked my salesman to pull it outside to see it in the sun and it looked horrible!! They said they wouldnt give me any money off, they would have it repaired. I went and looked at it when they called and said it was fixed. It looked no different than it did after the storm. They called and called and called also left messages saying "if you dont come down here now we have 3 other people ready to buy it today" the next 2 weeks i saw that same car in the HAIL DAMAGE SALE ad for the dealership in the paper.