Derek Motorcar Co.

Derek Motorcar Co.

1001 N. Coliseum Blvd., Fort Wayne, IN 46805

Used 888-377-6229

Our cars only look expensive!

1 of 1 review

My Dream Car Mercedes-Benz SLK32 AMG

by from Atascadero, CA |

I was looking for a particular year range and for exterior/interior color combinations that are not overly common in this car. I found one in Houston and one at Derek Motorcar. I had just found out that I could hire a firm to inspect the cars for me, which I did. Bob was very accommodating in making the car available for the inspection. The inspection gave positive results and I decided to purchase the car and contacted Bob Derek with my decision. I found Bob to be very personable, knowledgeable and most importantly patient with a novice in long range car purchasing. Derek Motorcars is in Ft. Wayne, Indiana and I am in California. He was further patient when my loan with my bank was turned down due to the car's year being outside of the parameters for loan eligibility. I decided to purchase the car without a loan and Bob modified the Sales Order to reflect this change. Then came transportation of the car to California. Bob put me in touch with an independent transport company that, although, no longer making runs to California, was an invaluable source of information. After a false start with one company, a transport company was selected and again Bob was unhesitatingly willing to make accommodations to get the car loaded outside of normal business hours. However, the driver was delayed, and the car was loaded the next day, I believe, during normal business hours. Bob took pictures of the rig and driver and emailed them to me. Bob knew that I had serious concerns about this part of the process, and assured me that he had gotten a good read on the driver and on the transport trailer. I knew about, but with everything else that I was trying to concentrate on, I had forgotten that the car would need a temporary license tag in order to be legally driven once it arrived in California. Once again, Bob Derek came through in making sure that the car had the temporary tag, along with all of the manuals, a custom car cover and other accessory items that are provided with a new car, but not always with a pre-owned car. The car arrived safely a few days later. I could see first hand that Bob was accurate and honest in his description of the assets and, luckily, only minor flaws of the car. He did not try to hide or misrepresent anything on the car. I felt very comfortable with Bob throughout the purchase process, and if the need were to arise, I would go to him again. I would recommend him to family, friends and to anyone else in need of the services he provides.

(1-1 of 1 review)