Select Automotive

5073 Virginia Beach Blvd, Virginia Beach, VA 23462

Used 866-374-6018 Used866-374-6018

Making excellence affordable. We also Buy Cars! Whether you purchase one from us or not.

The best

by from Virginia Beach, VA |

After purchasing cars for over 50 years, the overall quality of service was one of the best services I have ever experienced. I went earlier to view the inventory without speaking to anyone to check out the attitude of the dealership which there was no pressure to buy. I then call ahead and talked to Ms J. Jones, told her what I was looking for, she had the perfect vehicle waiting outside that fits my needs perfect. I had the vehicle rechecked by their repair facility, R G. Auto, with the owner personally checking it out with minor suggestions. Select Auto immediately took care of the suggestions. Now I am riding with pride in my as new low mileage 07 e550 Mercedes-Benz. I feel this company is the best used import car dealer in the Tidewater area of Virginia.

Great Inventory, Awkward Process.

by from Chesapeake, VA |

Contacted through cars.com and response was prompt. Following that, the salesman became a little pushy. I actually took of work to look at three cars there, thankfully third was good, because the car I originally contacted about wasn't even available. (I would have been pretty upset if I had taken off work and it was the one car I wanted to see.) This was my first experience financing a car, so what sours the experience is I didn't feel at all involved in the financing discussion: loan terms, from whom, for how long, etc. It wasn't until the process was almost done I found out the interest rate and for how long they had set up. The result was some confusion and major sticker shock regarding the overall loan size (sticker price + fees + gap insurance, etc.) and ended up with a longer term loan than I was hoping for, with a warranty I wouldn't have bought if I'd realized the bottom line cost of it. On the whole though, they seem to keep their inventory quality (from what I can tell), and they were very friendly with the test-drive process, and patient my kids making a whole bunch of noise in their office while my wife test-drove the car I was interested in.

An Excellent Buying Experience

by from Suffolk, Virginia |

Finally the vehicle I have always wanted. Was at Select Auto. I called ahead. Started the financing going. I received a call that the financing was completed. I arrived the following day at the dealership. I was greeted by the William, the salesman, and Brendon Williams, the manager. Everything went smoothly. I went home in my BMW. Thank you William, Brendon, and Josh.

Jaguar Xf

by from Virginia Beach |

Started off great with the staff until they didn't know how to get tag for out of state correct and over charge me. Gave me a we owe if you get a we owe make sure you make them document EVERYTHING they only cover up to 100 dollars! Craig was my seller and did a terrible job I recommend to no one!

Never again

by from Virginia Beach,VA |

We recently purchased a vehicle from Select, I am pleased to say we will never repeat this mistake again. We had 30 days to bring the car back for any repairs, well when a safety problem came about they pretended the 30 day repair period did not apply. We spoke to the owner ourselves ( seemed taken back by us even calling him) he flat out stated "stated the vehicle was safe as far as his people were concerned, with that being said, moreover, they fixed this problem once and said it was a sensor, if it gives any trouble to bring it back, well it did a day later, now they dont want to fix it......... If we purchased the car "as is" why did they fix it.Mr. George this is not good for business. I recently told two people about this place, now i'm currently calling them back letting them know this place is not a good place to do business.

bad service

by from virginia beach , virginia |

way overpriced volkswagen R32. wouldnt work with me on the price. I was really interested in the car and was willing to walk out with it the same day. But customer service was horrid and when i explained to them that the car was overpriced they were still trying to get over on me. Never Again.

Disappointed

by from Franklin Virginia |

I never got a response from my credit application. No "Im sorry we couldnt help you" and no follow up to tell me what went wrong with the process. Called several times, sent emails and nothing. Very disappointed.

My Experience

by from Virginia Beach |

I had a great, friendly, easy experience at Select Imports. George Sumner made my experience very simple and I feel he should get a raise based on what has done for me. I would by another car from him in the future! Thanks George and thanks Select Imports.

My experience @ Select Imports

by from Virginia Beach, VA. 23462 |

My sales person George Sumner was very helpful. I came in very doubtful because I has a trade that no one else was willing to help me out with and he was able to find me the right financing and lower my payment.

Great stable of vehicles!

by from Virginia Beach, VA |

I have bought and sold a lot of cars, and Select has one of the bigger inventories at good prices that I have seen. After purchasing my 2011 535i from them, I have to say the car is just awesome. The people at the dealer are some of the more genuine I have met in the car buying business. There were a few bumps in the road: - When I came in to test drive the car it looked like it hadn't been cleaned in about a month - I didn't know there was only one key to the car until after we agreed on a price. In today's world of electronic and technological marvels, getting another key is no cheap fix, and it would have been good to know that when negotiating the price. The good thing is that they bent over backwards to fix these issues. Roger was my sales rep and did a good job to make sure the car was fully detailed on pickup, and he worked with one of the local BMW dealers to get me an additional key at a reduced cost. Finally, I am working out of state registration on the car, and since my plates haven't arrived within the first temp tag 30 days, they issued me a new temp tag with no hassle whatsoever. I know a lot of dealers won't do that. In that process I even got a call back from Allie to ensure that I went to the right building to get the tag. Customer service here really did impress me. Overall this is a great place to buy a car, and they have an EXCELLENT selection of high end cars to choose from. If you are used to the gold plated BMW and Mercedes dealerships, don't let the minor snags I mentioned above scare you away. They made good faith effort to fix those snag when I brought them up, and the bottom line is, if they have the car you want, don't hesitate to buy it here if it passes a standard used car pre purchase inspection. Great job!