Okoboji Motor Company

Used 888-451-3538
Service 888-214-0642

Outstanding service experience.

by from Sioux City,Iowa |

Hi, today I am e-mailing Chevrolet to express my outstanding experience from the service provided by this dealership. My experience started this morning as I called in concerning a lost key. I was greeted by a warm and friendly voice then directed swiftly to the service where they were very detailed and helpful in collecting the necessary information to resolve my problem. My great experience continued with my personal visit to the dealership to obtain my key. I was greeted by the receptionist followed by the manager who led me directly to the service area. There I was greeted by Matt Fernelius who I had originally talked to on the phone. He knew exactly who I was, greeted me by first name, and provided me with phenomenal customer service as he prepared my key. Personally coming from someone who works in customer , I know it's not always easy to have a helpful smile and willingness to help. This would be a dealership I would feel very comfortable buying a vehicle from in the future as well as taking in any further issues or concerns with my car to be fixed. I want to highly recommend this dealership and the services provided to me on such a short notice. I was completely satisfied with my service and I want to thank you for listening to my experience.

Disappointed first-time car buyer

by from Edgerton MN |

Purchased my first car at Okoboji Motors and it will be the last I purchase there. The sales associate was friendly enough. He said their goal was customer satisfaction and that's why he needed to point out all "blemishes" on the car I was looking at. Two items that should have been pointed out and weren't. 1) A cracked/broken driver's mirror and 2) a power window switch that I was told would be replaced. Also, there was stain in the carpet that we asked to have removed. Upon delivery of the vehicle I noticed the broken driver's mirror and called immediately to ask if it had possibly been damaged in transport to my place. We were issued an apology for not "pointing it out" but they weren't going to do anything about it. The window switch was not noticed until 2 weeks later as I had trusted that the switch would have been checked and replaced. When I called, I was told it was a different window switch that they replaced and because I didn't buy the extended warranty the only thing they would do is provide the switch at their cost. I still would have had to pay labor on it. We were never told when we bought the car which window switch was being replaced so we had to take their word for it. The carpet stain is still as noticeable as it was before we asked to have it treated as well. I know a lot of car dealerships require the sales associate to ride along on test drives but it is the dealership's way of making sure that you don't check ALL windows, doors, motors, fans, heater, AC etc to make sure they are working or look CLOSELY at mirrors or carpeting because those things are "supposed to be pointed out". There may be other things that surface that I will just assume this car dealer will not take care of. With this car dealer, I would definitely recommend purchasing any warranty possible.

Shopping for used Rav4

by from Rapid City, SD |

I had a very pleasant experience with your salesperson Mary Kay. I was buying a vehicle from out-of-state sight-unseen and Mary Kay described it perfectly to me and even sent pictures of a few minor scratches to me. I would highly recommend Mary Kay as she was very patient and I got a very nice vehicle at a fair price at Okajobi Motor Company. I would definetely consider purchasing another vehicle from them in the future.