Goben Cars East

2501 E Springs Dr, Madison, WI 53704

Used 888-240-9615 Used 888-240-9615

Full Service Finance Department available!

After the sale, forget your name

by from Madison, wi |

Purchased a car from them and was very impressed with the process. Have some credit challenges from a few years ago still haunting us even.. They got us financed at a very decent rate through a large auto finance company, not a high interest flim flam outfit. After we got the vehicle home I noticed a small 'clunk' coming from the front end that quickly got louder over the next week or two. I called the dealership on day 31 (no kidding) and talked to the salesman. Vehicles come with a 30 day warranty. Salesman acted like he didn't even remember us and said in a dismissive tone "sorry, you're past the 30 days. Nothing I can do for you." I asked to have the owner call me and salesman said he would. No call ever came. Took it to a dealership and spent $400 on ball joints and related parts. This was even before I made the first payment. I'm not necessarily blaming the for selling me a car with bad ball joints, but for the callous response I got when I called was inexcusable. Seems like they made the sale and that's where it stops. Salesman couldn't wait to get me off the phone. Very obvious.

Best car buying experience thanks to charlie

by from Deforest |

Me and my husband bought 2 vehicles within 2 months and replaced our older ones. Charlie was our salesperson,he knows how to make this process smooth and easy compared to anywhere else. .we will only buy from Charlie he's our guy.I recommended him to all my friends.....thanks charlie!!

Worst customer service ever!!!!!!

by from Stoughton wi |

They were rude about children! There's nowhere to sit and wait which I was doing a lot of it! Their process is horrible and extremely long Ended up walking out they ran my credit anyways and never called me about it!

Very pleased with my purchase

by from Fitchburg wisconsin |

The staff was very helpful and worked hard to get me a good deal

Don't waste money on additional warranty with them

by from Watertown, WI |

Originally I was very happy with my purchase. It was my first time buying a car by myself. I figured it was a good idea to spend the extra money on purchasing an additional warranty that was "bumper to bumper" as explained to me from the finance manger since the manufacturers warranty was going to expire in a year. A couple of months after the purchase the paint on the front bumper started to peel. I took it to a body shop to see if the manufacturer warranty would cover it figuring it was a defect in the paint, he said he could repaint it correctly for $700.00. He said that the front bumper had been painted recently incorrectly (wasn't taken off of the bumper when painted) so the paint was going to keep peeling away at the edges. I called Goben to ask about the extra warranty and he said body work wasn't covered and hung up on me before I could explain it wasn't anything that I did, it was their shotty paint job after covering up what I'm dreading to see after all the paint peels off.

Don't buy from Goben!!

by from Madison, WI |

Goben sold me a car last Aug and I am very disappointed in the way Tim (the GM) has handled my situation. I bought a Cadillac SRX. It was a pink Mary Kay car and the dealership bought the car after the car was painted black. While checking over the car and taking for a test drive, I asked about the paint job and if the car got scratched would it show pink. The salesman assured me that they send these cars back to GM and they put 8 coats over the pink. He said I won't ever have a problem with the pink ever showing up again. After one winter with the SRX my vehicle looks like a pink leopard print Cadillac. I took my SRX back to Goben right away and Tim offered me 1000 dollars and said he could probably get me 1500 dollars to paint the spots that were showing pink. As of recently, Tim has backed out of the 1000 dollars and has changed it to 500 dollars. After one winter I have noticed when they painted the car, they never took off any moldings. This is a nightmare and Tim from Goben just told his salesman who sold me the car to not come in because he doesn't want to talk. I wonder why. I would never buy a car from Goben again.

Do NOT go Goben!!

by from Madison, WI |

I purchased a vehicle a few months ago from Goben east. I was told that it passed their inspection and was a trade in from owner that babied it. The check engine light came on 2 days after purchase. I had the codes read by a local mechanic and went back to salesperson to discuss. He said that he was only one there and would talk to the boss and call me. He did call me a few days later and repeatedly told me "car is as is", no matter what I said. It was a really intelligent conversation. The car started to stall and was undriveable. Repairs cost me close to $900. I wouldn't have posted this review but I received an email from Goben to comment on my recent experience. Definitely buyer beware!!

Not the best

by from southwest wi |

While we were at the dealership with the salesman I had a hard time concentrating on looking at the pickup because the salesman was a bit course with his language and kept talking. Not terrible but it adds up with his inadequate knowledge of the particular pickup, not knowing specifics on engine, towing capabilities, and the like. The vehicle was looking good and the price seemed good to, but when we got it home the door locks failed, so we take it back and 2 days its fixed. About a month after that a pronounced exhaust leak had to be fixed, it was probably there when we bought it, but the talking salesman's voice made it hard to hear the little popping sound. Out of warranty so I paid to fix it, then coming back from vacation with it a front wheel bearing went out. Had to have it towed. I know buying a used car is somewhat risky but I've never had this many problems before with a used pickup, it may be a coincidence but I'll shop elsewhere now.

Will go the extra mile

by from Middleton, WI |

Scott went above and beyond to find just the car I wanted... and then he went one year newer, 20,000 miles less than I asked for and stayed in our budget. He went the extra mile to install a remote start and get the car waxed at no extra fee. Quinn was patient with us "old folks" explaining all the new electronics built in and helping us. I'll go back to Goben Middleton for my next trade in.

Good Small Dealership

by from Madison, WI |

Honest price, fast transaction time and good service in finding financing for credit challenged customer. I would buy another vehicle from this dealership.